PDA

View Full Version : History Has Been Made

GRAMPS SS
04-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Ashley Force has become the first female to win a Funny car race...and she now leads the points race as well.........she beat her dad in the finals, which if he would of won would of set a all time record as well.....Ashley has now more then opened the door to females in the racing world....Shirley came close many times in her day..just never got there.....

CONGRATS ASHLEY FORCE....

TURTLE
04-27-2008, 10:21 PM
soooooo hot.... want to touch the.....

oh yeah... she can drive that thing pretty good too...

nismodave
04-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Congrats.

Shirley did win 3 championships in Top Fuel tho. And many events.

scaleracer
04-27-2008, 10:35 PM
soooooo hot.... want to touch the.....

oh yeah... she can drive that thing pretty good too...

agreed! :shades

GRAMPS SS
04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Congrats.

Shirley did win 3 championships in Top Fuel tho. And many events.

agreed dave...but this was about a win in funny car...shirley never did that...not taking anything away from her...yes she did win other events as well....but Ashley won other events in sportsman class as well...she's a newbie...and i can see a chamionship in her near future....in Funny Car

MoCkiN U
04-27-2008, 11:14 PM
not to take away anything from the win but I gotta sway the advantage meter to her favor with the budget/backing that she has with that race team. Seems less to me about earning a win versus having tooo much in your favor not to win eventually

wheelsofsteel
04-28-2008, 08:39 AM
...and she now leads the points race as well

She actually had the points lead going into the race although Wilkerson qualifying #1 bumped her out for a short period of time.

BOSS LX
04-28-2008, 01:14 PM
She's a babe!

All the money in the world can't buy balls!

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 01:19 PM
I think it would be more legitmate IMO if anyone else other than her father was her opponent that day. I cant help but think that dear old dad blew the tires on purpose.

and oh yeah she is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY hotter than danica patrick.

Want_Notch
04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't know Yoo. He looked pissed after the race. Even during his post race interview he seemed upset about losing.

Yooformula
04-28-2008, 02:45 PM
possible, I didnt watch any of the clips, its just my instinct saying pops looking out for his little girl. I wouldnt expect him to be happy about it.

Want_Notch
04-28-2008, 02:55 PM
They had some audio before the race of him talking to his crew chief wondering what the chances were of him blowing off the tires and his chief said it wasn't very likely but anything could happen. Then he goes up in smoke......that's probably why he was pissed.

GRAMPS SS
04-28-2008, 09:26 PM
either way..she earned it...takes alot to strap into a 8k horse power car ......and i have to agree with Want Notch....dear ole dad did looked pissed when the race was over.....some will say he let her HAVE it....i say NO...she earned it...and im'm sticking to that...and she is hotter then Danica Patrick....way hotter.....but hell i'm old...when would i get a chance with that....

70challenger
04-29-2008, 01:40 AM
i didnt catch the race yesterday because i was working on my own racecar, but definetly cool that ashley won. i know force has had team orders in the past, but i think she deserves a win and she proved that she has the balls (not literally) to run with the big boys. hell, i dont even know if i would strap my ass in a fuel funny car, and ive piloted some fast junk!

Want_Notch
04-29-2008, 05:42 AM
...when would i get a chance with that....

I did last night then sent her to your place. She never showed up?

Alex d
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM
i was at atlanta working on an alchol funny car but i did not get to stick around to watch finals but really cool she has worked hard and deserves it.