PDA

View Full Version : WTB 03/04 cobra vert

07ROUSHSTG3
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I have decided to get rid of my stage 3 if I can find a super clean 03/04 cobra vert. Must be a convertible and must be clean! Let me know if anyone sees something that fits the bill!

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-27-2008, 09:50 PM
LoL, good luck man they are out there, any color preference, mileage and $ limits ?

nismodave
04-27-2008, 09:51 PM
EDIT.... Better search.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=25&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=used&distance=200&address=53022&marketZipError=false&style_flag=2&body_style=CONVERT&make=FORD&model=MUST&make2=&start_year=2003&end_year=2004&min_price=24000&max_price=&transmission=Manual&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywordsrep=099111098114097&keywordsfyc=__Y29icmE%2C__&keywords_display=cobra&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=1&certified=&advanced=y&default_sort=priceDESC&awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=

07ROUSHSTG3
04-27-2008, 10:13 PM
EDIT.... Better search.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=25&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=used&distance=200&address=53022&marketZipError=false&style_flag=2&body_style=CONVERT&make=FORD&model=MUST&make2=&start_year=2003&end_year=2004&min_price=24000&max_price=&transmission=Manual&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywordsrep=099111098114097&keywordsfyc=__Y29icmE%2C__&keywords_display=cobra&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=1&certified=&advanced=y&default_sort=priceDESC&awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=

what the hell??? when I tried autotrader I couldn;t find shit?!?!? THANKS!

LoL, good luck man they are out there, any color preference, mileage and $ limits ?

i would like to find something with under 30K miles. no mystic, sonic blue, silver or yellow. I would really like black or red. I am hoping to get away with spending less than $30K, but it all depends on how much I can get for my car.

nismodave
04-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I modded the search again.......For the whole country. I see some black and red ones. A red one with 16k on it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?model=MUST&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=__Y29icmE%252C__&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=099111098114097&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=1&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=FORD&keywords_display=cobra&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=24000&body_style=CONVERT&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&address=53022&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&sort_type=priceASC

07ROUSHSTG3
04-27-2008, 10:18 PM
I modded the search again.......For the whole country. I see some black and red ones. A red one with 16k on it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?model=MUST&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=__Y29icmE%252C__&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=099111098114097&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=1&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=FORD&keywords_display=cobra&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=24000&body_style=CONVERT&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&address=53022&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2004&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&sort_type=priceASC

that will give me something to do tomorrow!

nismodave
04-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Good Luck. If I ever bought a Mulletstang, it would be an 03-04 Terminator.

Z28Envy
04-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Did you try going onto svtperformance.com? There is always good deals on there!

By the way, I think I saw you in downtown Plymouth a few weeks ago! Car looked good! Why do you want to sell it?

Breecher_7
04-28-2008, 05:35 AM
I cant believe what some people are trying to sell those for. A friend of mine bought one brand new a 03, in 04 for just under 30K. Was from a dealership in La Mesa, California.

BoostedCobraSnake
04-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Good Luck. If I ever bought a Mulletstang, it would be an 03-04 Terminator.

That comment is dumb. What do you drive a Civic?

lit666
04-28-2008, 08:17 AM
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=28992

JC70SS
04-28-2008, 11:00 AM
No mystic? It is by far the best color:shades

07ROUSHSTG3
04-28-2008, 11:11 AM
No mystic? It is by far the best color:shades

Absolutely not! I like them and think that they are neat, but I would never buy one, unless cheap, which they usually aren't

Did you try going onto svtperformance.com? There is always good deals on there!

By the way, I think I saw you in downtown Plymouth a few weeks ago! Car looked good! Why do you want to sell it?

well I am sort of at a point where in order to do any mods I have to overhaul the motor :( I love the car but am really wishing that I would have gotten a convertible instead. I figure a termy vert is my only real option if I want to keep a mustang in the garage :rolleyes:

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-28-2008, 01:12 PM
I like the mystic colors, I hate the mystic color seat and steering wheel inserts, they look god awful inside.

Do you want a stock car ? Light mods acceptable ? Race car mods acceptable ?
I do think you will have ther best luck money wise, selection wise and finding something closer to home on Terminator enthusiast sites, most will be modified in one way or another tho.

Does a stage 3 Roush have a blower ? I dont know anything about Roush or Saleen cars except for the fact that most of those have been upstaged by SVT vehicles in recent years.

07ROUSHSTG3
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I like the mystic colors, I hate the mystic color seat and steering wheel inserts, they look god awful inside.

Do you want a stock car ? Light mods acceptable ? Race car mods acceptable ?
I do think you will have ther best luck money wise, selection wise and finding something closer to home on Terminator enthusiast sites, most will be modified in one way or another tho.

Does a stage 3 Roush have a blower ? I dont know anything about Roush or Saleen cars except for the fact that most of those have been upstaged by SVT vehicles in recent years.

light mods are ok. most i have seen have at least the CAI or some exhaust work. if i find one with race car mods, I would like to see it in person for sure. I have been checking out the svt sites per advice from others and am finding some potentials. first I have to unload my car, which should be interesting:wow i am hoping that the dealership will cut me a decent check for it.

as for the stage 3. yes it does have a blower. they use the small eaton m90. the problem is not only is the blower small, capable of only 6-8 psi, but they do not upgrade any of the engine internals. They throw the blower on and that is it. I am running around 6 psi and am getting around 392 RWHP according to the last dyno i had. Figuring 15% loss that puts me at around 460 at the flywheel. I am very happy with that, but it sucks to think that there isn;t any more in it unless I open the motor and upgrade the blower. Doing that will pretty much defeat the purpose of the car. When I bought it I did so because of the "factory race car" theme. While at the time it was about my only option, I realize now that it wasn;t the best for me. Like i said earlier, I really wanted a vert. I was planning on getting into auto-x since i live so close to RA, but that isn;t going to happen. I truly love the car and the attention that it gets, but i want something with a bit more substance. While there are things about the 03/04 cobra that don;t thrill me, they can be overcome because of the powertrain. The car is more or less a weekend toy, and I think that a nice cobra vert will make me happier in the long run.

STANMAN
04-28-2008, 10:16 PM
I drove up to the Twin Cities last year to look at an 04 Mystic hard top with only 13K miles on it at a decent price (27K). I asked a TON of questions on the phone (the 2 major ones were has it seen salt, are there ANY paint imperfections as Mystic is EXPENSIVE to fix), and after confirming that the car was PERFECT I made the drive. Within about 2 minutes I could tell it had been in salt, and there were about 5 rock chips on the hood. I was LIVID, the salesperson told me to go pound sand, as there were 5 other people AT THE DEALERSHIP waiting to buy it, and he wasn't lying. Needless to say, I still have my car. Moral of the story, don't just ask questions, get pics, lots of them, make sure they are DETAILED pics, and you should be fine. Don't drive for 1/2 day or more just to be pissed off:flipoff2::fire:durr

STANMAN
04-28-2008, 10:18 PM
light mods are ok. most i have seen have at least the CAI or some exhaust work. if i find one with race car mods, I would like to see it in person for sure. I have been checking out the svt sites per advice from others and am finding some potentials. first I have to unload my car, which should be interesting:wow i am hoping that the dealership will cut me a decent check for it.

as for the stage 3. yes it does have a blower. they use the small eaton m90. the problem is not only is the blower small, capable of only 6-8 psi, but they do not upgrade any of the engine internals. They throw the blower on and that is it. I am running around 6 psi and am getting around 392 RWHP according to the last dyno i had. Figuring 15% loss that puts me at around 460 at the flywheel. I am very happy with that, but it sucks to think that there isn;t any more in it unless I open the motor and upgrade the blower. Doing that will pretty much defeat the purpose of the car. When I bought it I did so because of the "factory race car" theme. While at the time it was about my only option, I realize now that it wasn;t the best for me. Like i said earlier, I really wanted a vert. I was planning on getting into auto-x since i live so close to RA, but that isn;t going to happen. I truly love the car and the attention that it gets, but i want something with a bit more substance. While there are things about the 03/04 cobra that don;t thrill me, they can be overcome because of the powertrain. The car is more or less a weekend toy, and I think that a nice cobra vert will make me happier in the long run.

One thing you WON'T like about the new edges is the shifter. It's almost not even in the same zip code as the driver, lol. Us S197 owners have it over the new edges when it comes to that!

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
One thing you WON'T like about the new edges is the shifter. It's almost not even in the same zip code as the driver, lol. Us S197 owners have it over the new edges when it comes to that!

Thankfully the Terminator does not have the 5 speed left over from 1979, farmall tractor feeling 5 speed FTL. :rolf

Waver
04-29-2008, 11:17 AM
hey that shifter problem (and yes it is very annoying) can be fixed by a good short throw.....

STANMAN
04-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Thankfully the Terminator does not have the 5 speed left over from 1979, farmall tractor feeling 5 speed FTL. :rolf

I would rather have a 5 speed in the same zip code than a 6 speed in a different one:rolf I guess GT500 owners have the best of both worlds:mad: