PDA

View Full Version : Packer draft

Karps TA
04-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Kinda interesting that the year Favre retires Thompson spend 7 of his 9 picks on offensive players. Granted 2 are QB's, but still kinda interesting. Not sure why so many WR's. Seems like that's our strongest position.

Other's a ho hum draft. Although I do like the QB Broghm (sp?).

Prince Valiant
04-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Brohm is damn good...great pick imo.

Funny, we were at a draft party at Buf wild wings in GB, and I called that they'd take him at the number 30...then right afterward, they traded the pick. I was literally shocked.

But, in the end, they really got two for the pick of one by trading it...they got the guy they wanted and then some.

Not a very strong armed guy, but a hell of a competitor. VERY fast....for a white, 6' 3" 230+lbs quarterback...they clocked him at a 4.69. Plays through some tough injuries already, not the bs crap you normally see.

I never much understood the overloading at one position as thompson does...they always talk about the "best athlete" or best football player available...however, there are several hundreds, if not thousand+ guys out there. How can you say that 1 guy is definitely better than guy #2? There are so many, it's so close, there is NO loss picking the best at the position you need, unless you can determine that he's FAR from deserving of that position...even then, get something close to where you need.

Very happy they got brohm for cheaper than expected though.

BoostedCobraSnake
04-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Strong arms for qb's are overrated. Manning and Brady don't have strong arms. Michael Vick had a strong arm and his completion percentages were always low 50%'s. I think they had a great draft. Brohm has the potential to be a good qb not a star but good. Jordy Nelson reminds me of Wes Welker. Probably couldn't have done a better job. However I think they could have traded down a few more picks to get Jordy Nelson. However as I understand it to many picks is a problem with the rookie salary pay scale.

70challenger452
04-28-2008, 08:26 PM
for the crappy spot we were put in I'm very satisfied with the picks, I was very impressed with Jordy Nelson in the combine video that I saw of him, looks like a beast of a WR, I'm glad we got brohm, theres nothin that drives the best out of people like good old competition

1siksrt
04-29-2008, 04:04 PM
im pretty happy with our picks, although i would have liked to see us get a olb to compete with brady/chillar and a safety to compete against collins/rouse... I think collins and brady P. are by far the worst to players on d-fense

TraceDaddy
04-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Not sure Jordy Nelson is a Wes Welker. Welker is 5'9" 185lbs. Nelson is 6'3" 217.

I'll grant you he is white. Not really a little speedster that gets lost in any crowd. He's more Ruvell Martin-esque. Sounds like he runs pretty sharp routes. That'll be helpful.

I'm hoping Jermichael Finley is the real deal.

moels
04-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm hoping Jermichael Finley is the real deal.

Couldn't they just have named him Michael?