PDA

View Full Version : Leather interior install:

CATNHAT
04-26-2008, 08:51 PM
So I decided to order the charcoal grey leather interior kit from New TakeOff.com.

I need someone to either help me install it or do it themselves?

Any voulnteers, suggestions, recomendations?????

Thanks

Scott

Yooformula
04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
what kind of car is this for? I figured teh Roush would have had leather already...

CATNHAT
04-26-2008, 09:43 PM
It is for the Roush. It did not come with leather. 1 of 13 in black with cloth. My lucky number, 13.

Oh well.

Still want to do the upgrade-any recomendations?

Reverend Cooper
04-26-2008, 09:50 PM
pull the seats out, remove the covers, cut the hog rings with a side cutter,once removed reinstall leather with hog rings in the ares on the cover and seat as previous,have fun

CATNHAT
04-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Yeah, they make it look prety easy on the video. Hopefully, it is.

GRAMPS SS
04-26-2008, 11:39 PM
man if it's 1 of 13 made...i keep her orig...but thats me....

PureSound15
04-26-2008, 11:49 PM
True, but atleast he's replacing it with ford parts.

Just like coop said, it's really that easy. The only tough part will be if the leather has been cold or shrunk at all. Set it all out in the sun for an hour or so before you start the project and it should be flexible enough to get around the corners.

CobraSnake
04-26-2008, 11:53 PM
man if it's 1 of 13 made...i keep her orig...but thats me....

From the sound of it he wants to enjoy the car now. I doubt hes planning on selling later on to make the big bucks. I don't remember his name so sorry but we met at gilly's that one night. I wish I could help but I'm a lazy mofo and i'd rather pay the little extra to have it done. I would really like to learn how to work on cars more but I don't have alot of time nor anyone to willing to teach me how.

Mark

CobraSnake
04-26-2008, 11:56 PM
True, but atleast he's replacing it with ford parts.

Just like coop said, it's really that easy. The only tough part will be if the leather has been cold or shrunk at all. Set it all out in the sun for an hour or so before you start the project and it should be flexible enough to get around the corners.

Yeah just don't tackle it this weekend. :goof
:mad:http://www.wunderground.com/US/WI/Milwaukee.html

CATNHAT
04-27-2008, 08:13 AM
I talked to Chris at "Stay Tuned" last year and he said they could do it for about $200 bucks??? Give or take.

Maybe I will try it and if I can't get it done, take it there.

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-27-2008, 09:22 AM
$200 for 4 seats to be recovered by a professional who has done it before ?
I'd gladly give it up. They gotta eat too. :thumbsup

Yooformula
04-27-2008, 09:48 AM
$200 for 4 seats to be recovered by a professional who has done it before ?
I'd gladly give it up. They gotta eat too. :thumbsup

QFT!!! $200??? THATS IT!?!?!

CATNHAT
04-27-2008, 10:22 AM
I am cheap.

Plus, $200 = 1/2 the cost of the 4.10's I want to add soon. And then there is the lowering kit. And the Roush Supercharger, and the boat I want and the Harley "Rocker" and the..................................

HRSEPLA
04-27-2008, 10:39 AM
If you are sweating the 2 hundo, you aint getting none of that other shit.

Slow Joe
04-27-2008, 10:41 AM
If you are sweating the 2 hundo, you aint getting none of that other shit.

Agreed...

I mean hey, you own TWO Roush Vehicles... And you can't Pony up $200 to get leather installed... :confused Something's not right with this picture...

CATNHAT
04-27-2008, 10:43 AM
My wife probably has something to say about that other stuff also.

The true reason for sweatin 2 hundy.

CATNHAT
04-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Also, my electrician has expressed an interest in buying my car. If he does, I am probably going after a Black Roush 427R that is sitting around somewhere in town.

I do not want to spend to much money on my present car that may be going away soon.

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-27-2008, 10:56 AM
I can understand not wanting to pay to have it done, I rarely pay anyone to do anything for me.
But there are certain things where you just got to have it right. Like window tinting or efi tuning for example.

Have you considered looking for leather take out seats from another Stang ?

CATNHAT
04-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Agreed...

I mean hey, you own TWO Roush Vehicles... And you can't Pony up $200 to get leather installed... :confused Something's not right with this picture...

I never said I "can't" pony up $200. I was asking for advice on how to install the new interior either by myself, with help, or paying someone.

Whats wrong with trying to save a couple bucks??

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Just leave it the way it is and save the $400 the seat covers cost too.
Especially if you think you might sell it, leather seats are overrated anyway.

4.10's>Leather seats in an 05 GT Automatic

Slow Joe
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I never said I "can't" pony up $200. I was asking for advice on how to install the new interior either by myself, with help, or paying someone.

Whats wrong with trying to save a couple bucks??

Nothing's wrong with it... But my opinion is that with seat covers it's best left for the pros, especially if it's only $200... My thought is that if you start pullin 'em apart and end up messing something up it's going to cost more than $200 to fix it...

Then again, who am I to say, my cheap ass would try to do 'em myself too... :rolf

CATNHAT
04-28-2008, 07:29 AM
I also talked to someone at Ericsons Auto Trim in Racine and they said it would cost $75 per piece. So each headrest, each seat back, seat, split folding rear seats, and rear bench= $$$$$$$$$ ?????????

So $200 sounds like a steal after that phone call.

GinoRin
04-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Try these guys on 6th and Layton: www.jaxseatcover.com Just talk to Denise she'll get you a quote. Paul and Denise are the owners, and friends of mine. They do a TON of Grand National stuff and do really nice work.