PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play "Portal" (included with The Orange Box)?

slickwilly
04-26-2008, 02:50 PM
While I was in Michigan I rented The Orange Box because my buddy has a 360, and I got burned out on HL 2.2 pretty quick so I started playing Portal. It's a thinking man's game, you have to figure out puzzles that involve creating portals with a gun they give you. It's got 19 levels and I think I had two or three hours of gameplay into it when I beat it.

But let me tell you, that game is AWESOME. It's pretty boring at first but then crazy shit starts happening (I love you, Valve) and it just plain rocks. It's also pretty difficult to think your way through some of the puzzles.

MoCkiN U
04-26-2008, 03:19 PM
The themse on that game are ridiculous. "I am going to kill you and all the cake will be mine" LMAO

I love that game. Always borrowed it, never owned it

MurphysLaw88GT
04-26-2008, 03:42 PM
it is hard

slickwilly
04-26-2008, 05:18 PM
The themse on that game are ridiculous. "I am going to kill you and all the cake will be mine" LMAO

I love that game. Always borrowed it, never owned it
Oh I know, I was cracking up laughing.

the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie

it is hard

Yeah, I'll agree. I spent a lot of time scratching my head and just kind of looking at the levels before I could figure them out. Level 18 is a fvcking PITA.

Syclone0044
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah I had a ton of fun playing that, my g/f got a kick out of it too. Very original gameplay!! At first I could not figure it out for the life of me.

ND4SPD
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Yep, my wife and I both played it all the way through... very amusing game.

"soon you will be dead, and then there will be cake." The song at the end is pretty hilarious too.

Knyghtmare
05-07-2008, 11:02 AM
I played this game a long time back when it was first released. I started playing and I couldnt stop... 2 hours later I beat it... and there was NO cake! I was disapointed. :(

Really addicting game, at first I was like "WTF" but it actually gets fun, and all the ridiculousness is was makes the game enjoyable.