PDA

View Full Version : 76 Dodge Truck - parting out

Moparjim
04-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Gauging interest here - I recently aquired an actually decent shape 76 Power Wagon with a 400/4 speed 4WD. I really bought it just for the big block 4 speed stuff which I am keeping for my Trailduster, and I may keep the 400 I haven't decided yet. (the 75 440 in my Trailduster is actually fairly much a boat anchor and I've entertained the idea of doing a motor for it so thoughts of a 451 stroker come tomind...) Its almost a shame, the truck actually is in pretty decent shape the box has a little rust over the wheel wells but from 10' the truck looks really decent. I think it has some sort of small lift kit in it, it has good axles, decent cab, doors, glass, hood, etc. its a complete running driving truck it seems almost a shame to part it out. If anyone was interested in some parts, the 400, or the whole roller minus the 4 speed stuff and possibly the 400, let me know I'm open to suggestions.

Moparjim
04-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Forgot the price per the rules - I have no idea I guess it depends how or what it would be. I'd sell the complete running 400 for maybe like $500 for instance, the complete truck roller minus the 4 speed stuff and 400 for around the same, individual parts make me an offer.

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Front axle, what is it?

GTSLOW
04-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Front axle, what is it?

:rolf just stay with your IFS :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Is the 400 currently running?

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 04:32 PM
:rolf just stay with your IFS :thumbsup

Nope....

I just need the front axle, I already know where im getting the solid axle conversion parts from. System is bolt in other then the mounts that will have to be removed/added to the donor axle.

slickwilly
04-25-2008, 05:18 PM

its a complete running driving truck

Just saying...

Feature Pony
04-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I might be intrested in the whole truck I'll PM you for your number

Moparjim
04-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Front axle, what is it?

Stupidly I am not sure. Its the standard mid 70's half ton setup I know the rear end is the "corporate" or whatever 9.25 I think it is, the fronts I thought were a smaller Dana, not a 60? I will try to find out for sure or you could come take a look.

Moparjim
04-26-2008, 06:36 PM

Yes, its complete and running I drove the truck home. Its nothing to write home about being a 76 400, its probably less HP than your 318 by then lol. It does fire right up and idles great even cold, shows great oil pressure on the gauge - it actually runs very well - like I said I almost feel like a **** parting it out. I also noticed today it has what looks to be an almost new Rough Country lift and springs and shocks and stuff. Even the tires are very decent!
If someone wanted to put a little time into it, someone could buy the truck roller and pop a drivetrain in it and have a fairly decent truck. I guess I'd be open to an offer for the roller and the 400 - just minus the 4 speed stuff as well, in that case someone could acquire a 727 for probably a few hundred bucks, toss a cable shifter in it and have a decent big block truck. Or someone with more time than me could completely part it out - the complete running 400 has to be worth around $500 or more I would think, the big block truck setup to put a 383/400/440 in a truck - oil pan, manifolds, mounts goes for maybe $250 or so pretty easy sell, the axles are worth something, lift kit and springsbox, cab, windows I don't know but its got a lot of good easily sellable parts on it. I will part it if I have to but I'd prefer to just strip out the 4 speed stuff I need and get the rest out of my driveway!

Prince Valiant
04-27-2008, 03:57 PM
If you could post a pic, or maybe I can take a look at it...I might buy everything off you (minus the tranny of course).