PDA

View Full Version : 2008 E.A.A. Planes,Manes and Automobiles

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
The 5th annual E.A.A. all Ford show is coming up!!!!
July 5th here is a site with all the info and pre-registration info to if needed.
http://www.planesmanesandautomobiles.com/index.iml

This is one of the best and largest all Ford shows in the state. Great food,cars and people too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please come join us!!!

moels
04-24-2008, 08:21 PM
I think the kids are talking me into keeping the POS so I may just have it there.

Brandon W.
04-24-2008, 08:45 PM
ill put the mustang in this one coop ;)

OxmanWI
04-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Sounds fun! :D

Brandon W.
04-24-2008, 08:50 PM
i cant register now? when i click the link that says Register now it says link not found...

MoCkiN U
04-24-2008, 09:00 PM
You know your favorite ***** is going to be there. No way in hell I get best engine bay at that show again. What a cool as feeling that was with sooooo many mustang products there. I hope the trophies are as nice this year too.

Who cares to win one, they are just nice to look at. That damn bronze horsehead the nightmare car one was F'n beautiful!!!

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 09:04 PM
brandon you can also register at for the show on the EAA website. The show site is new and may still have a few bugs in it. I will get on that right now

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 09:05 PM
here is the other link to register at,this site has the old date and will be updated also to the correct date.
http://www.airventuremuseum.org/mustangs/

badass88gt
04-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Best Engine Bay is overrated anyway.

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 09:13 PM
just asking,what is your guys opinion on the modified class' this year, organizers feel it is needed. if stock means factory stock no additions period tint or anything, modified being 3 or more mod's from factory stock. Please give usefull feedback and/or alternatives. the show wants to be fair but realizes it can't please all. what do you think

moels
04-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, I felt a little out of place last year. I went modified due to the 3 or more mod's I had. I was the only 05 + in the modified class. I look over to the stock 05 + class and there were alot of supercharged and other modded stangs. Don't mean to sound negative, I had a great time and didn't really care if I won anything. I also don't know the solution to this problem. I still think we should open the runway for drag runs. :)

MoCkiN U
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I think my car would be a fair example of modified but only if you compared it to its other class members. The mach class has 2 procharged machs in it last year but then there was my car with all the exterior work, suspension, wheels, and the engine bay work.

Its very hard to seperate classes. For the most part it would come down to the people at the gates. They put me in a 99-04 stock class when I clearly told them mach 1 and they still put me in that class. I got it changed at the table but I heard a lot of that.

They would have to really know what they are looking at.

Where does modified start and end? Does a SN95 with a blower cut out of the hood with pullies popping through go in modified when it has zero other exterior mods? Does it go into stock with such extensive motor work?

someone can have body mods and meet the 3 requirment. I think modified should truly be like a unlimited class in tractor pulling. They created that so that others could compete with the high budget pullers. This isnt to say that modified cars have more in them but if you see a car at the gate that doesnt "fairly" compete or has tooo much of an advantage over its competitors then they should go into modified. Maybe have a SN95, New edge, S197 modified class that way you would pick up some of the stragglers?

I dont know **** about the older stangs so I dont have a suggestion on classing there for modified

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 09:58 PM
clearly from moesl and moch the front gate workers then need to knowwhat to look for. theoretically saying that is solved what the show is after at that point then is how to classify. Kelley it cant just be winged. it has to have a set guidline. not just oh well he is to far ahead of everybody else we should put him modified.
so lets start saying the gate peeps are hip to what mod's are. how will you decide the placement. for example car rolls off the showroom floor,3 mods from that point on weather its engine or ext.

MoCkiN U
04-24-2008, 10:04 PM
exactly. Where would you put a roush stage 3? It has body mods, wheels, brakes, supercharger, trunk mat, interior trim and bezels. Where would that classify? It is "stock" for example but clearly modified at factory.

Could there be a stock, modified, elite class?

Stock is just that. How ford built it.
Modified is for the enthusiast. 3 major mods (body, power,interior)
Elite. For that show vehicle thats over the top with paint and engine work

just brain storming here. If somthing sticks take it and make it better

moels
04-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Their is a "Specialty" class for the Saleen's, Roush's and so on. The major descrepency seems to be how many and what mods go into the modified and stock classes.

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 10:11 PM
we have a special class for Roush,Saleen,Mclaren etc already those arent in question. its a specialty class.
it needs to be simple only 2 not three diff. classes. youll have to understand trophies would be needed to cover all additional classes. this year will have the most trophies that have ever been awarded. but economically speaking the chow cant keep adding more. SPONSORS ARE NEEDED!!!!!!! lol

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Their is a "Specialty" class for the Saleen's, Roush's and so on. The major descrepency seems to be how many and what mods go into the modified and stock classes.

exactly Wayne. sorry you posted before i was done typing lol

MoCkiN U
04-24-2008, 10:21 PM
well true. I get all of that. As easy as it would be to add a class it could be easy to remove another where competitors didnt show up like the truck side or some of the classics. This is definately a hard one. I dont have a great idea to help either.

I see the other side of it too. say a guy like this rolls in

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/cruisepics018.jpg

that is my buddies V6 stang. It has rims and body kit. Does it go into stock or modified? Hard one

moels
04-24-2008, 10:25 PM
^^^^ Ricer class for sure...........lol

michelle
04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
I think the kids are talking me into keeping the POS so I may just have it there.

Yay! I just may get a chance to see your car.

MoCkiN U
04-24-2008, 10:33 PM
^^^^ Ricer class for sure...........lol

Say what you want. I think his car is a badass vacuum cleaner.

Mods I wouldnt count toward modified:
Tint. Rims/wheels. exhaust. intake. shifter. hood or spoiler (without whole body kit), front facia change (without whole body kit)

mods that would count:

power adder (supercharger, nitrous, turbo)
Complete body kit
Interior swaps
Extensive motor work other than stock
Complete sound systems/trunk setups
Custom paint
Lowered/suspension work
Custom body work (shaved doors, trim, lambos, flip flop hood)

I think any (3) of those could be said to represent modified?

MoCkiN U
04-24-2008, 10:40 PM
double post

pw_cc_runner
04-24-2008, 11:12 PM
What class do you think the Probe would get slotted in? I'd be interested in going but if I am in Street Rod and Custom class I'll have no chance at anything.

badass88gt
04-24-2008, 11:31 PM
I hope it doesnt get too "over-thought".

I think stock means just that, stock. Maybe allow any modifications not performance-related. Wheels, tint, stereo, body kits, etc are ok.

Perhaps there could be a class specifically for BONE STOCK, one class for all Mustangs.

Another class for all Mustangs, stock with non-performance mods.

All the rest can go by "years" like normal. It will be up to the owner of the car to be REALISTIC about the class they are entering, and the show judges will have the right to make class changes if someone is trying to enter somewhere he doesnt belong.

As for non-Mustang Fords, go by decade and nothing more.

Keep it general, keep it simple. Someone will ALWAYS ***** about something, its just the way it is. The key is to keep it simple, and keep it fun. Its not about who wins, its about the idea behind the gathering.

What does everyone think of these ideas?

MoCkiN U
04-24-2008, 11:50 PM
It sounds like the classes are pretty rigid due to money associated and sponsors names attached also. There are a TON of classes so I see that part.

In the end its still coming down to "how" to clarify stock v/s modified and what consitutes each one. I think the stock class itself is the hard part because so many purists like their car as it came and I cant say thats wrong cause I like to change mine but in other styles of shows they have "mild" and "wild"

could this work? or would purists not go for it?

MoCkiN U
04-24-2008, 11:57 PM
What class do you think the Probe would get slotted in? I'd be interested in going but if I am in Street Rod and Custom class I'll have no chance at anything.

I would guess class Q Class Q - 86-05 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury

These are copied from the website:

Class A - Mustang 64 – 66
Class B - Mustang 67 – 73
Class C - Mustang 74 – 78
Class D - Mustang 79 – 93
Class E - Mustang 94 – 98
Class F - Mustang Cobra 93 –98
Class G - Mustang Coupe 99 – 04
Class H - Mustang Convertible 99 – 04
Class I - Mustang Cobra 99 – 04
Class J - Mustang Mach1 03 – 04
Class K - Special Interest
(Saleen, Roush, Steeda, McLaren)
Class L - Racing Stangs
Class M - Thunderbird All
Class N -1900-1940 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class O - 1941-64 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class P - 65 - 85 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class Q - 86-05 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class R - Street rods & Customs
Class S - Trucks/Vans/SUV's Stock
Class T - Trucks/Vans/SUV's Modified
Class U - Mustang 05 – 07(Converts will be judged separate)
Class V - Under Construction Mustang
Class W - Saleen Trucks/SUV's or Specialty Trucks

Class X- AC Cobras/Replicas

There will also be specialty awards given at the end of the show.

badass88gt
04-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I dont think convertibles should be seperated. Whats the reasoning there?

Heat Seeker WS6
04-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Ill be up for this one too

badass88gt
04-25-2008, 12:07 AM
This is how I think it should go

Class A - Mustang 64 – 66
Class B - Mustang 67 – 73
Class C - Mustang 74 – 78
Class D - Mustang 79 – 93
Class E - Mustang 94 – 98
Class F - Mustang 99 – 04
Class G - Mustang 05 – Current
Class H - Mustang Cobra 93 – 98
Class I - Mustang Cobra 99 – 04
Class J - Mustang Mach1 03 – 04
Class K - Special Interest (Saleen, Roush, Steeda, McLaren)
Class L - Racing Stangs
Class M - Thunderbird All
Class N -1900-1940 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class O - 1941-1959 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class P - 1960s Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class Q - 1970s Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class R - 1980s Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class S - Street rods & Customs
Class T - Trucks/Vans/SUV's Stock
Class U - Trucks/Vans/SUV's Modified
Class V - Under Construction Mustang
Class W - Saleen Trucks/SUV's or Specialty Trucks
Class X - AC Cobras/Replicas
Class Y - Unmodified Factory Stock - All years

Reverend Cooper
04-25-2008, 03:16 AM
all these ideas are good lets keep them coming,you dont have to have a ford to give input on this, a car show has the same principle for all makes. please give the show more input.

MoCkiN U
04-25-2008, 05:59 AM
I just dont think that if I had a 1969 boss that I would appreciate competing in a stock class with a 2003 GT. Seems a little off if there were a stock "all years"

dunno. I dont have a better idea though

TURTLE
04-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Class Z - 1997 Dodge Neon....

j/k...

i think if you have a set of guidelines that are easy to follow, everyone will be happier... if things are able to get muddy or messed up, they will... i'm not a huge car show nut, so i have no idea on how to help, but from my racing background i know, the more set-up the rules and classifications are, the less opportunity for mix-ups there are...

and yes, i may be available to help ya out coop...

Waver
04-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Here is how you could seperate the modded class from the non modded class....

If you have 3 or more major mods (any mods that arnt a like cai and a cat back) then you should be in the modded class....body kits, ect dont count as they need to be performance related. To do this, why dont you have some people at the gate from cpony or here that can determine if it is modded or not (come on they couldnt tell that a sc whine on a 03 gt was a major mod and should be in the modded class). If this is not possible, then why not just eliminate the modded section all together, but have special trophys for modded car from 79-now and pre 79 for engine mods and a general one for body mods, that would be decided by the main organizers and the voulenteers. This way the fox class wont be sparse like last year (It looked a lot smaller than in years past) and there wont be anyone complaining on the class they were in (I mean seriously we had 1 mustang II there last year and none before it, and that car was in the modded class)

Slow Joe
04-25-2008, 12:13 PM
3 Mods = 3 Mods... Modified cars should be in a modified category...

I'm sorry, but if I put my Mach next to a Mach with all kinds of clean-up accessories, wheels, interior modification, and some badass body work, we both know who would win a trophy... I know the trophy is not what it's all about, but I'm just saying it wouldn't be fair. My car is stock... factory stock, and I think if it's a factory stock class that all of the cars in the class should be factory stock... If it's a 3 mod max, that's fine too...

P.S. I wouldn't miss this show... I'll definately be there :thumbsup

MSGTGT
04-25-2008, 01:17 PM
I was in the Stock Class last year. Don't know why. I would say my car is a little beyond stock. But...I think we were sort of directed in classes by appearance (maybe wrong?). I don't have a flashy car at all...but they should have heard the blower. Well...anyway...I don't go to these things to win any trophies. There are so many great cars out there...like Kelly's. I just want to hang out and enjoy the event. I'm not sure if I'll be there this year, but it won't be because I don't want to go. Whatever class I'm put in is fine with me...I'll enjoy the day either way.

OxmanWI
04-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Class M is the best class!:Hump

badass88gt
04-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Maybe just eliminate stock/modified classes all together. Group them by body style/model and thats it.

MoCkiN U
04-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I was in the Stock Class last year. Don't know why. I would say my car is a little beyond stock. But...I think we were sort of directed in classes by appearance (maybe wrong?). I don't have a flashy car at all...but they should have heard the blower. Well...anyway...I don't go to these things to win any trophies. There are so many great cars out there...like Kelly's. I just want to hang out and enjoy the event. I'm not sure if I'll be there this year, but it won't be because I don't want to go. Whatever class I'm put in is fine with me...I'll enjoy the day either way.

You gotta go!!

SlowJoe- were you there last year?

Slow Joe
04-25-2008, 07:26 PM
You gotta go!!

SlowJoe- were you there last year?

Didn't have the Mach last year for the show... I was in between cars... We had just traded in my '01 Coupe, and had just sold our '02 Convertible... I think we bought the Mach about... 2-3 weeks later :rolf

But I was still there...

I'm the guy that gave away the model engine for Autotrader.com... You couldn't miss that crazy lime green shirt :thumbsup

Slow Joe
04-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Maybe just eliminate stock/modified classes all together. Group them by body style/model and thats it.

That's how the Venus show is, and I hate it... You've got a Base V6 Coupe next to a totally modified GT...

I think the turn out for this show is large enough that you can break it down a little more... It just makes it more fair amongst the people in the classes...

badass88gt
04-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Problem is, how do you please the majority?

BOSS LX
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
I think I may attend this year! Can we use the run ways for a burnout competition?

MoCkiN U
04-25-2008, 09:40 PM
I would think they would can that pretty quick due to insurance and liability issues but I truly dont know. thats only a outside guess

BOSS LX
04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
I would think they would can that pretty quick due to insurance and liability issues but I truly dont know. thats only a outside guess

I know, I was just joking.

MoCkiN U
04-25-2008, 10:19 PM
hopefully there arent any mustang related fender benders at kodiak jacks this year OR another rouge mustang spraying gravel across the hoods and fenders of fellow car show participants.

Strangely enough said driver was involved, no better yet source, oh wait both of those drivers are one in the same

speaking of kodiak jacks this is one of my favorite pictures someone took last year. Not cause my car is in it but because its framed so perfectly. This is only part of the line for kodiaks and hints to just how long the line was as you can see in the pictures background

YES, thats a toyota celica. Stop hating. My buddy was having a bad weekend and a time away from home is exactly what he needed so he went with to take some pictures of the event

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/MACH%201/IMG_3879-1.jpg

OxmanWI
04-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Any more pictures?

badass88gt
04-26-2008, 01:14 PM
http://members.aol.com/badazzred88gt/Pics/CarStuff/Trophy2.jpg

MoCkiN U
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
thats pretty^

but last years trophies are the HOTNESS!!! Have to be careful saying stuff though MMA guys are touchy about this show

MoCkiN U
04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Any more pictures?

I have tons on my PC I think. I'll look for you

badass88gt
04-26-2008, 02:34 PM
but last years trophies are the HOTNESS!!!

Pic?

badass88gt
04-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Have to be careful saying stuff though MMA guys are touchy about this show

They shouldnt be. Its all ancient history.

MoCkiN U
04-26-2008, 03:23 PM
^ you're right. I shouldnt have even brought it up. Now some shit will start probably.

horses on the right. Single horse is the "class" trophy and the 3 horse one is best engine bay

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0718072147.jpg

Best engine bay 2007 (never happening again prolly)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/MACH%201/post-253-1178498887.jpg

Slow Joe
04-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Here are some pics from '06

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/joe53051/EAAMustangsAirplanes06005.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/joe53051/EAAMustangsAirplanes06007.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/joe53051/EAAMustangsAirplanes06010.jpg

The After Party:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/joe53051/EAAMustangsAirplanes06013.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/joe53051/EAAMustangsAirplanes06014.jpg

Triplethreat (Original Pic)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/joe53051/EAAMustangsAirplanes06020.jpg

My old car with an airplane...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/joe53051/EaaWithAirplane.jpg

nismodave
04-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Might head up this year. Looks like a good show.

MoCkiN U
04-26-2008, 04:41 PM
WOW slowjoe, what an upgrade that was for you!

Slow Joe
04-26-2008, 05:12 PM
WOW slowjoe, what an upgrade that was for you!

Yeah, but I still miss my 6-banger though... That's more of the type of thing that I owned that car so long, I got attached... I had it from June '01 (brand new from Hiller) til May '06... I had done alot of work to it mods wise, but it saw a hard life with me behind the wheel... :rolf :rolf :rolf

OxmanWI
04-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Wow those are some nice trophies! How many Ford cars total where there last year?

MoCkiN U
04-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I think spike told me 250+ or so

NFLSpike
04-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!! What if we did something like this.........

Take Class K (Special Interest) and split it into two groups, '64-93 and '94-'08
This way we won't have the old Shelbys competing against the current modeled Mustangs.

Also..The Great Debate about MODIFICATIONS..........

How about we do this.....

Classes A-J will be BONE STOCK Classes

We with then have "MODIFIED STOCK" Classes '64-93 and '94-'08 which will include cars that have had only Ford aftermarket part modifications which has changed it from its original stock status.

We also will have a MODIFIED Classes '64-93 and '94-'08 which will include cars that have utilized Non-Ford aftermarket parts

and Finally... PURE MODIFIED/CUSTOM BUILT ALL Years which will usually be the trailered vehicles like the "Nitemare" last year.

Just some thoughts...I look forward to hearing back from you

MoCkiN U
04-27-2008, 10:39 PM
that to me sounds like you have done this before sir. that sounds pretty tits

Slow Joe
04-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!! What if we did something like this.........

Take Class K (Special Interest) and split it into two groups, '64-93 and '94-'08
This way we won't have the old Shelbys competing against the current modeled Mustangs.

Also..The Great Debate about MODIFICATIONS..........

How about we do this.....

Classes A-J will be BONE STOCK Classes

We with then have "MODIFIED STOCK" Classes '64-93 and '94-'08 which will include cars that have had only Ford aftermarket part modifications which has changed it from its original stock status.

We also will have a MODIFIED Classes '64-93 and '94-'08 which will include cars that have utilized Non-Ford aftermarket parts

and Finally... PURE MODIFIED/CUSTOM BUILT ALL Years which will usually be the trailered vehicles like the "Nitemare" last year.

Just some thoughts...I look forward to hearing back from you

:thumbsup :thumbsup That sounds pretty damn good to me..

Nick
06-17-2008, 11:58 AM
I think I want to attend the show.

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2008, 11:13 PM
good everyone with a ford should its a great time

Nick
06-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Since I have a Subaru are you saying i'm not welcome? :(

Reverend Cooper
06-19-2008, 09:50 PM
yes your welcome to come

07ROUSHSTG3
06-19-2008, 10:00 PM
yes your welcome to come

just make sure that you park in fond du lac and walk :rolf

LIZMO
07-03-2008, 02:31 PM
so... question, i say on the site it says to just see the show its the cost of admission to the museum... so how much is that?

65black
07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
so... question, i say on the site it says to just see the show its the cost of admission to the museum... so how much is that?

admission to the museum is 12.50 adult---$9.50 age 6-17 free under 6

LIZMO
07-03-2008, 03:05 PM
thanks!

NFLSpike
07-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey Gang..

Just wanted to let you know that there are pictures now posted on the www.planesmanesandautomobiles.com website.

Enjoy!

Brandon W.
07-24-2008, 10:33 PM
i wish i would have taken more pictures.. ah well.. the mental pictures are all I need ;)