PDA

View Full Version : First Warranty Repairs

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 06:59 PM
So, the truck went to the dealership today for its first batch of Warranty repairs. (other then the fuel filter issue a few weeks ago)

So here is the list:

1. 3 wheels are being replaced due to lifting clear coat.
2. Rear bumper being replaced due to rust on backside
3. Front drivers and passenger side windows squeak like all hell
4. Warped plastic dash piece being replaced
5. Dash rattle
6. Loose interior plastic pannel being inspected for broken clips, most likely being replaced.
7. Tailgate cable being replaced.

Seems like alot of stuff for a truck thats 2 months old. I cant believe how people say they love the interior of these new trucks so much. To me they seem cheaply made, I miss the interior of my 06. I think it was way nicer and much more "functional"

pOrk
04-24-2008, 07:02 PM
The gm truck bumpers are noterious for that. Mine were BAD, one more reason for the black powdercoat.

Does seem like alot of crap, did they give you a hard time about the repairs or are they factory recalls?

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 07:14 PM
none are recalls. No problems yet, i pick it up tomarrow. Its at Uptown in Slinger.

Deggy
04-24-2008, 07:15 PM
That is a lot of shit for that new of a truck.

Everything was covered though?

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Uh, yeah, its called "bumper to bumper" warranty.........

Deggy
04-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Sorry I've never owned a new car with a "bumper to bumper" warranty, hence why I asked. :rolleyes: Didn't know if there was like a deductable or something that you had to pay.

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Nah, theres not. 3/36K Bumper to Bumper 5/100K Powertrain, neither with deductable.

PLuse I have a 5 year/100K aftermarket bumper to bumper warranty that has a $200 deductable.

Not that I will EVER have it that long.....

wrath
04-24-2008, 07:24 PM
My 99 GMT800 had virtually no visible rust. 186,000 miles and 3 of them in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

I think it's luck of the draw. I saw a F350 with its hood up with dealer plates on the side of 164 yesterday.

I'm surprised you got them to fix all that stuff. My G6 has grease on the passenger front window all the time from something inside the door. I couldn't even get them to skin the door to fix whatever is causing the problem. They just did a half-ass job at cleaning the seal. It came back after 4 or 5 times of the window going up and down. I want to take the G5 in for a boatload of rattles but I don't know where to take it to.

Deggy
04-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm guessing that aftermarket warranty was included and not something extra? Since you said you won't have it that long, so I know you wouldn't pay extra for something like that. Seems that GM's warranties are pretty good these days. Had to stay up to par with the other guys when Hyndai(sp) and Kia had those 10/100k mile shit. Even though those are shit when it comes down to it. Nothing that went wrong on my moms Santa Fe was covered under the so called "warranty" but then again who cares its a Hyndai.

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Well we will SEE if it all gets fixed. But they had no problem looking into it and the wheels and dash piece were already ordered a week ago so i know thats good to go.

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Actually I did pay extra for it, but we got the warranty for dealership cost so I would have been dumb not to take it just in case. Paid like $700 for it. MSRP or whatever they charge normally is over 2K.

Deggy
04-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Actually I did pay extra for it, but we got the warranty for dealership cost so I would have been dumb not to take it just in case. Paid like $700 for it. MSRP or whatever they charge normally is over 2K.

Oh, well thats not bad at all.

nitroxtreme
04-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Keep us posted on how you do on your truck being fixed. I was not real happy where I took my truck in for warranty work.

DirtyMax
04-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Wow sounds like you got the lemon of the 2 of us.... so far.

Josepy
04-25-2008, 10:37 AM
So, the truck went to the dealership today for its first batch of Warranty repairs. (other then the fuel filter issue a few weeks ago)

So here is the list:

5. Dash rattle
6. Loose interior plastic pannel being inspected for broken clips, most likely being replaced.

Seems like alot of stuff for a truck thats 2 months old. I cant believe how people say they love the interior of these new trucks so much. To me they seem cheaply made, I miss the interior of my 06. I think it was way nicer and much more "functional"

my neighbor has a new Tundra and the bumpers are starting to rust already also. He has had the truck for about 2-3 months.

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Wow sounds like you got the lemon of the 2 of us.... so far.

Its had all these issues since I picked it up. Im just addressing them now, i had free time to drop the truck off.

DirtyMax
04-25-2008, 11:08 AM
All I really had was the EGT sensor that puked out on me.

Flicktitty
04-25-2008, 11:20 AM
good chirst, thats more problems then all 3 2005 + F150's we got in the family.

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 12:22 PM
You all are making it sound like the engine, tranny and read end fell out going down the road at once LOL Its a first year truck... Shit will happen.

forest
04-25-2008, 12:27 PM
You all are making it sound like the engine, tranny and read end fell out going down the road at once LOL Its a first year truck... Shit will happen.

+1

DirtyMax
04-25-2008, 01:17 PM
On the flip side, I've got 3K trouble free miles on an identical truck, aside from one sensor.. big deal.

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 04:27 PM

So here is the list:

ALL 3 HAVE BEEN REPLACED

REPLACED

LUBED

ON ORDER

5. Dash rattle

FIXED, LOOSE HARNESS BEHIND DASH

NEW PIECE ON ORDER

DIDNT NEED TO BE REPLACED, FOUND TO BE NORMAL. I LOOKED AT OTHER TRUCKS AND FOUND THE SAME THING AS WELL. STRANGE TO ME.

Deggy
04-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Nice :thumbsup

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 04:33 PM
I highly recommend there service department.

Deggy
04-25-2008, 04:35 PM
GM Nutswinger :goof

Just kidding, glad you got everything taken care of very quickly it looks like.

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
And take it from one of the most anal people out there that will find ANYTHING to ***** about. There service is awesome.

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 04:38 PM
GM Nutswinger :goof

Just kidding, glad you got everything taken care of very quickly it looks like.

WTF? I swing from no nuts nor am I biased to any specific manufacturer. Ive owned dodge and chevy trucks as well as Ford/GM cars. I but whatever is the best bang for the buck and whatever has the best parts at the time.

nitroxtreme
04-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Where did you take it?? What do you think they would say to performance parts on a new truck?? Looking to take my truck in somewhere..

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Where did you take it?? What do you think they would say to performance parts on a new truck?? Looking to take my truck in somewhere..

Is it a gasser or a Diesel? They are ALOT more liberal when it comes to perf parts on gassers as they dont USUALLY add a shit ton of power.

If its a diesel though and you go in there with a PPE handheld laying on your seat with the +400hp tune shredding your transmission they are just going to laugh at you.

I asked them about this for my own sake though and they said they do there best to help you out atleast once if you hurt somthing. But your assed out if you do it again.

They are very friendly.

It is uptown Chevrolet in slinger.

I Dealt with Mark.

nitroxtreme
04-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks , I'm in starting to add stuff to it, So I will take it in before all my stuff is done.. I have a 07 chevy duramax..

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 05:12 PM
If the ECM has already been reflashed with any type of programmer (other then edge or banks that piggyback, not reprogram) they will know. The ECM stores re-flash information.

This is why alot of people are purchasing extra ECM's for there trucks. That way then can just take out the factory one. Install there new one, program it and if it ****s up, just swap them out again.

Downfall to this is IF the dealeship REALLY starts to dig, there are other parameters such as fuel consumption that are stored in the ECM. So if you show up with a truck with 30K miles and it says its only used 200 gallons of fuel they will know somthing is up.

Everyone is aware of the Magnusson Moss act but to be realistic, GM has time to fight you in court, do you have time to fight GM?

nitroxtreme
04-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Just turned 7000mi. I hope thats enough for breakin

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Is it the new body or the old body? 7K is more then enough, i know people putting power adders on at 500 miles.

DirtyMax
04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Did the LBZ trucks have the "Big Brother" feature? I thought only the LMM trucks had the memory of the last 10 flashes.

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Yup, 2006-Current.

GM has gotten smart. The fact that someone can add 200hp tunes before even needing a lift pump with simply pressing buttons makes things alot easier to break. If they can prove your shredded tranny or cracked piston is due to the huge tune you put in your stock truck it makes it easier for them to laugh at you and deny the warranty.

You must pay if you want to play.

This is why I currently remain stock and will not be doing anything till I get my tranny pulled out.

Deggy
04-25-2008, 06:10 PM
WTF? I swing from no nuts nor am I biased to any specific manufacturer. Ive owned dodge and chevy trucks as well as Ford/GM cars. I but whatever is the best bang for the buck and whatever has the best parts at the time.

I was only kidding. Hence the :goof after me saying it.

Of all people to get offended by, you let me offend you?

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I was only kidding. Hence the :goof after me saying it.

Of all people to get offended by, you let me offend you?

Im not offended, im just not a GM nutswinger by any means. Being biased to a specific manufacturer is ******* stupid. Im gonna buy this just because its a "blank". Thats dumb. I look at the pros and cons of all products before I buy and go with what seems the best.

Deggy
04-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Okay, just making sure I didn't offend you, at least we can say one person on this forum FOR SURE does not get butthurt very easily.

I for one am not bias against anything either, I may say I would't drive a Ford, but thats just because I never really like ANYTHING that Ford has ever put out. I've never really been a fan of mustangs, unless its a drop top 67-68.

DirtyMax
04-25-2008, 06:37 PM
This is why I currently remain stock and will not be doing anything ever

This is my plan of attack.

Has enough snot for my purpose. Might remove the DPF down the road but no big HP tunes...

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 06:40 PM
This is my plan of attack.

Has enough snot for my purpose. Might remove the DPF down the road but no big HP tunes...

If i remove the DPF, I will be buying a second ECM and ONLY removing the DPF, no hotrod tune. Its got plenty of power for me and anything I need to do with it. I just want to knock back the EGT's and get rid of the regen cycle that is costing me fuel.

DirtyMax
04-25-2008, 06:54 PM
I just want to knock back the EGT's and get rid of the regen cycle that is costing me fuel.

Do you have a monitor yet? It's interesting to watch it on the Edge. They're spot on when they say it happens on average about once per tank. It's BS. Avg. MPG went from 19.9 (while pulling a empty car trailer) to 16.6 after the regen cycle. It eventually recovered somewhat but during the regens, it seriously gets like 9mpg.. :chair:

nitroxtreme
04-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Is it the new body or the old body? 7K is more then enough, i know people putting power adders on at 500 miles.

Its the classic LBZ....

Breecher_7
04-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Its the classic LBZ....

Thats what I wanted but I couldnt find any new ones floating around when I was looking. Atleast any that were semi close with the options I wanted.

nitroxtreme
04-26-2008, 12:43 PM
It took me almost two weeks last year to find this one..But I was happy with it until diesel prices went through the roof..Now it stays parked in the driveway as I drive a 95 civic around. I now just use it for weekend up north or towing my car around.. What a waste of $40,000....huh

DirtyMax
04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
I now just use it for weekend up north or towing my car around.. What a waste of $40,000....huh

Don't feel bad.. that's the same duty mine sees. But I knew that was going to be its purpose when I bought it.

Breecher_7
04-26-2008, 07:21 PM
I drive it everyday.* If you cant afford to drive it, you shouldnt own it.....

nitroxtreme
04-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I drive it everyday.* If you cant afford to drive it, you shouldnt own it.....

I can afford it, but that just means less other toys. I would rather have more toys...You know what the old saying IS:

The one with the most toys at the end WINS....:banana1::banana1:

Breecher_7
04-27-2008, 06:07 AM
I can afford it, but that just means less other toys. I would rather have more toys...You know what the old saying IS:

The one with the most toys at the end WINS....:banana1::banana1:

:rolf