PDA

View Full Version : ls1 98 tuning

TraNs_aM
04-24-2008, 02:13 AM
i need to get my car tuned i know Tom is well known for this on this server haven't gotten a response from him and i was hoping to get it done for this weekend anyone know a place close by that does it and that isn't too pricey?

Z28Envy
04-24-2008, 02:25 AM
i need to get my car tuned i know Tom is well known for this on this server haven't gotten a response from him and i was hoping to get it done for this weekend anyone know a place close by that does it and that isn't too pricey?

Tom is probably the best and cheapest around. I would wait for him. I'm sure he will get back to you and will work you in!:thumbsup

forest
04-24-2008, 06:35 AM
I could get you on the dyno this weekend and get you tuned up

BAD LS1
04-24-2008, 07:01 AM
PM replied. Ive got some time tonight or friday night.

Mr. Brett
04-24-2008, 08:29 AM
+1 for a Tom tune.

97z2801ss
04-24-2008, 09:48 AM
paul id go with a tom tune. tell us how it goes tom

forest
04-24-2008, 10:09 AM
I couldnt get you in till sat morning even if you did want me to do it.

michelle
04-24-2008, 11:56 AM
We all saw this one coming.

:popcorn

theavenger333
04-24-2008, 03:59 PM
We all saw this one coming.

:popcorn
we sure did.

Thanks you bunch of 5 year olds. i got to spend 10 minutes pruning this stuff.

Tom, Forrest, if you want to debate, do it via a PM. it started off civil, and it went down south quick. if you want to do a "dyno off" do it. have an event, do it, grill hot dogs, whatever. cut the crap.

Lash
04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
i got to spend 10 minutes pruning this stuff.

I was wondering what was going on...lol. I was reading the thread while you were deleting posts. I could make any fvking sense of it.

pOrk
04-24-2008, 04:05 PM
lol

My truck is ready when you ladies are ready

BAD LS1
04-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Ive got time sunday. Going to the speed inc open house sat.

pOrk
04-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I work sunday till 5, and I work right down the road from there so lets get it done.

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
I work sunday till 5, and I work right down the road from there so lets get it done.

You need parts first. Either overnight or the following saturday I say!!!! :thumbsup

Cryptic
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
the ultimate challenge... make my 98 5.7L Chevy 2500 not feel like a pig

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 04:11 PM

Easy, Replace with 6.6 LBZ....

Done :thumbsup

juicedimpss
04-24-2008, 04:12 PM

easy :nitrous

Cryptic
04-24-2008, 04:13 PM
good point

BAD LS1
04-24-2008, 04:14 PM

That can be done! HP Tuners allows tuning of 98+ vortec trucks, need to get credits to do it.

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

forest
04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
good talking to you Pork, Ill have those prices soon...

forest
04-24-2008, 04:21 PM
we sure did.

Thanks you bunch of 5 year olds. i got to spend 10 minutes pruning this stuff.

Tom, Forrest, if you want to debate, do it via a PM. it started off civil, and it went down south quick. if you want to do a "dyno off" do it. have an event, do it, grill hot dogs, whatever. cut the crap.

I have been civil the whole time, I got called out, answered the callout, and excuses were made, I think that for the money, Tom is a good option, if you want the most you can get, go to somone with a dyno, cause they will get it for you. Porks truck should be fun......:shades

forest
04-24-2008, 04:23 PM
btw, HIJACK!!!!!!!!! haha

BAD LS1
04-24-2008, 06:11 PM
I have been civil the whole time, I got called out, answered the callout, and excuses were made, I think that for the money, Tom is a good option, if you want the most you can get, go to somone with a dyno, cause they will get it for you. Porks truck should be fun......:shades

Where is my excuses though? That i dont want to haul out to kewaskum to see some finished product that makes a said #? i want to see it done on a comprable truck, start to finish. And get within 5-10% of this claimed 61Hp extra to the ground. You DID say you could do it, Wow me.

Im gonna bite my tounge on the dyno comment.

Im still convinced this is some play on #s like you picked off a peak # standing on it from 0-100 and letting it run through each gear on the dyno.

pOrk
04-24-2008, 06:39 PM
I can't afford what he's asking for the dyno tune so this probably won't be happening, especially since I work weekends anyways.

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Where is my excuses though? That i dont want to haul out to kewaskum to see some finished product that makes a said #? i want to see it done on a comprable truck, start to finish. And get within 5-10% of this claimed 61Hp extra to the ground. You DID say you could do it, Wow me.

Im gonna bite my tounge on the dyno comment.

Im still convinced this is some play on #s like you picked off a peak # standing on it from 0-100 and letting it run through each gear on the dyno.

Actually the Peak # was MUCH higher while standing on it through the gears if you must know. This is for real Tom. I had a hard time believeing it as well and I saw it with my own eyes.

BAD LS1
04-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Actually the Peak # was MUCH higher while standing on it through the gears if you must know. This is for real Tom. I had a hard time believeing it as well and I saw it with my own eyes.

Well dude should be bottling that shit and selling and making milions then.

There is no black magic to this tuning shit, it really comes down to the fundamentals like a carb and distributor. only your making asjustments through a laptop.

I guess we will never know now. Go figure.

michelle
04-24-2008, 07:10 PM
You know, this thread got cleaned up for a reason.... how about we go back to the original topic and let the original poster decide where to get his car tuned?

kthx.

BAD LS1
04-24-2008, 07:11 PM
You know, this thread got cleaned up for a reason.... how about we go back to the original topic and let the original poster decide where to get his car tuned?

kthx.

Yes he is coming by me tommorow afternoon.

michelle
04-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Yes he is coming by me tommorow afternoon.

Awesome. I'm sure he will be very happy with your work and it would be nice to hear some good feedback on here.

Deggy
04-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Tom you use HP tuners right?

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Awesome. I'm sure he will be very happy with your work and it would be nice to hear some good feedback on here.

Nutswinger... :rolf

michelle
04-24-2008, 07:17 PM

:rolleyes:

BAD LS1
04-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Tom you use HP tuners right?

Yep

Z28Envy
04-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Tom I will be down tomrrow for a 60hp tune and some wiring! Be ready!:thumbsup

TURTLE
04-24-2008, 07:24 PM
i need a neon tune ;)

Deggy
04-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Now, I'm no expert on tunes by any means. Could someone give me a gist of exactly what can be adjusted and "tweeked" on even a car like mine.

michelle
04-24-2008, 07:34 PM
On the SHO, mostly had to adjust the A/F graph to adapt to a larger SCT MAF, change when the secondaries opened up, adjusted idling rpm, etc. Getting the A/F graph to be at a curve I liked helped the most.

Then making separate tunes to change for road trips to get better gas mileage. With the TwEECer, you can have 4 separate tunes and with a turn of a knob, they can go from one tune to the other. Pretty handy to have separate tunes for different elements - like drag, road course, and the street.

TURTLE
04-24-2008, 07:38 PM
On the SHO, mostly had to adjust the A/F graph to adapt to a larger SCT MAF, change when the secondaries opened up, adjusted idling rpm, etc. Getting the A/F graph to be at a curve I liked helped the most.

Then making separate tunes to change for road trips to get better gas mileage. With the TwEECer, you can have 4 separate tunes and with a turn of a knob, they can go from one tune to the other. Pretty handy to have separate tunes for different elements - like drag, road course, and the street.

i wish there was something that easy for the neon...

i know when most "plug in" tuners are used, spark tables and fuel tables are the 2 most common things changed... on more in-depth ones, i believe you can get into transmission functions and cam timing(honda, toyota vtec stuff) and some other elements.... i'm still new to this, so i'm sure someone will correct me...

michelle
04-24-2008, 07:40 PM
i wish there was something that easy for the neon...

i know when most "plug in" tuners are used, spark tables and fuel tables are the 2 most common things changed... on more in-depth ones, i believe you can get into transmission functions and cam timing(honda, toyota vtec stuff) and some other elements.... i'm still new to this, so i'm sure someone will correct me...

Why on earth would you need to tune a Neooooooon? :goof

Crawlin
04-24-2008, 07:41 PM
when did we start racing dyno's? those god damn g-tech's ruined it for everyone

is this thread over yet?

theavenger333
04-24-2008, 07:42 PM
from my knowledge on the LSx, timing, fuel, and the curve. timing at certain RPMs too i think, but no guarantee

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Personal opinion only, I would only tune my car on a dyno,not just for power,but i want driveability to,at all speeds all rpms and all diff. load situations. again JMHO not a diss or sticking up for anyone

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 07:48 PM
everyone knows that Ron (juicedimpss) Wesley does these cars also he has hp tuners software too. Just a side note again no diss to either tuners in this thread

Breecher_7
04-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Personal opinion only, I would only tune my car on a dyno,not just for power,but i want driveability to,at all speeds all rpms and all diff. load situations. again JMHO not a diss or sticking up for anyone

Wow, we actually agree on somthing once more.....

Hell must be freezing over :thumbsup

michelle
04-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Wow, we actually agree on somthing once more.....

Hell must be freezing over :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 07:51 PM
My car starts cold and runs flawless through warm up and still gets 22+ mpg when driven like a normal person. And it goes like a bat outta hell

forest
04-24-2008, 07:52 PM
from my knowledge on the LSx, timing, fuel, and the curve. timing at certain RPMs too i think, but no guarantee

high octane timing, low octane timing, intake air temp timing correction, ect timing correction, COT, all torque managment trans and engine, maf curve, Fueling, stoich afr, and much, much more..... it all depends on if there is a power adder involved, and what type of adder, or if there is multiple adders like boost and nitrous there are SO many variables

Crawlin
04-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Coop, why would you tune your car for driveability on a device that isn't exactly the same as the situation in which you would normally drive(i.e.) the actual street? It's not like everyone around here has a load bearing dyno

If the dyno solved all, you wouldn't have guys spending 5grand on a datalogger. They'd spend the 1500 on a digital 7 w/ the skew device and have a wheel speed sensor and a driveshaft speed sensor to look for any spin.

forest
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
My car starts cold and runs flawless through warm up and still gets 22+ mpg when driven like a normal person. And it goes like a bat outta hell

nice!! exactly how it should be:thumbsup

pOrk
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm looking for a tune to increase mileage, whats the best way to go about that? Is a dyno tune really all that necessary? Just asking is all, I don't know much about this stuff to begin with.

Crawlin
04-24-2008, 07:57 PM
i'm not poking fun at you coop, as i'm sure Marv is the shit with the ford tunes since pretty much everyone goes to him, just was asking

Z28Envy
04-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Coop, why would you tune your car for driveability on a device that isn't exactly the same as the situation in which you would normally drive(i.e.) the actual street? It's not like everyone around here has a load bearing dyno

If the dyno solved all, you wouldn't have guys spending 5grand on a datalogger. They'd spend the 1500 on a digital 7 w/ the skew device and have a wheel speed sensor and a driveshaft speed sensor to look for any spin.

I was just wondering about the same thing and I am not trying to start anything. Wouldn't what coop is saying be about what street tuning would be all about? You do the stop and go traffic and the high speed burst. Most people around use a dynojet and as far as I knew they weren't load bearing.

Irish
04-24-2008, 08:05 PM
+1 for Tom.

Reverend Cooper
04-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I have seen and driven in cars that have been street tuned, I have seen and driven mine, that is all I will say about it. If your tuning a dragstrip only car i would agree datalogging and numerous 1/4 mile blasts are needed. i think way more driveability can be tune out on a load bearing dyno,not too mention the safety aspect. again jmho

Z28Envy
04-24-2008, 09:30 PM
I have seen and driven in cars that have been street tuned, I have seen and driven mine, that is all I will say about it. If your tuning a dragstrip only car i would agree datalogging and numerous 1/4 mile blasts are needed. i think way more driveability can be tune out on a load bearing dyno,not too mention the safety aspect. again jmho

I think in the end both are very effective. As a coincedence my brother had all of his nitrous work done by speedinc and they dyno tuned it. I told him he should have his tune looked at by Tom when his new gears were put in because his car just didn't seem to pull like it should. Tom retuned it tonight for motor and said the tune was pretty messed up. My brother called me after they were done and said it feels like a whole new car. Now he just needs some dryer weather to tune it again for the nitrous.

I think it all depends on the tuner as well. It's just one of arguments that can go on and on.

BAD LS1
04-24-2008, 11:21 PM
There is not a real good way to dial in a huge cam are for driveabilty on a dyno. I mean you do drive the car on the street, not a dyno... Besides i dont even need more than 2 WOT runs through 1 gear to setup WOT... thats the easy part. However part throttle needs to be perfected before u start dicking with WOT... Almost all the cars i see run uber fat @ WOT because of hanging trims that stick positiv while going into wide open, if they were +5 onve it got above LTFT range (more than 50% throttle or 4K Rpms) and it froze the trims there, you can count on it adding +5 % more fuel @ WOT.

To each their own. I prefer the street since thats where the car spends its time and thats where you want it to perform best.

*SNOOP*
04-25-2008, 12:22 AM
There is not a real good way to dial in a huge cam are for driveabilty on a dyno. I mean you do drive the car on the street, not a dyno... Besides i dont even need more than 2 WOT runs through 1 gear to setup WOT... thats the easy part. However part throttle needs to be perfected before u start dicking with WOT... Almost all the cars i see run uber fat @ WOT because of hanging trims that stick positiv while going into wide open, if they were +5 onve it got above LTFT range (more than 50% throttle or 4K Rpms) and it froze the trims there, you can count on it adding +5 % more fuel @ WOT.

To each their own. I prefer the street since thats where the car spends its time and thats where you want it to perform best.

I agree 1 billion percent!!! Tom FTW...

Flight_740
04-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Tom, start tuning BMW's.

Fugger.

sidewayzbimmer
04-25-2008, 01:24 AM
should be a fun car once the tune is set!

TraNs_aM
04-25-2008, 03:05 AM
i haven't even been to tom yet, but from what i've talked to him bout and what i've read i have no doubt that he can do what i expect on my tune he seems professional and personal tomorrow i will goto get my car tuned i will let u kno what i think of the resluts but as of far i woudln't goto him if i didn't think i'd be getting my moneys worth he doesn't seem as if he wants to do it but that if hes doing it cuz he wants to help so my car gettign tune shouldn't really matter tom seems like a good guy

Reverend Cooper
04-25-2008, 03:11 AM
again my opinion is all. my car cold starts,idles,cold runs,warm and hot runs all the way on up to wot,not to mention the car still gets 21-23 mpg. box and street tunes have never had that effect for me on any of my cars. sorry my mind won't change on this.Ive had experience with both

Z28Envy
04-25-2008, 03:19 AM
again my opinion is all. my car cold starts,idles,cold runs,warm and hot runs all the way on up to wot,not to mention the car still gets 21-23 mpg. box and street tunes have never had that effect for me on any of my cars. sorry my mind won't change on this.Ive had experience with both

Just to ask and not trying to start anything but when you had street tunes done for you in the past who did them? Were they as good at tuning your cars as Tom is at tuning the lsx motors? Just curious?

I guess all that matters in the end is that the person driving it is happy with the outcome.

Reverend Cooper
04-25-2008, 03:27 AM
I would say He is in every major 5.0 and mustang magazine. nationally known. Not that it was bad at all some was even on a dyno on my old blower mustang but it was never quite perfect wanted to stall out or started poor. I have no issue with the person nor any contempt maybe it was due to older technology. on my new car the box tune with the cai picked up 26rwhp but idled and ran cold for shit. i ran it at the track with gears pullies and exhaust on it 13.2. dyno'd adjusted timing and fuel trims and the car picked up almost .25 secs cold start and idle was great and the car got better mileage.

Z28Envy
04-25-2008, 03:34 AM
I would say He is in every major 5.0 and mustang magazine. nationally known. Not that it was bad at all some was even on a dyno on my old blower mustang but it was never quite perfect wanted to stall out or started poor. I have no issue with the person nor any contempt maybe it was due to older technology. on my new car the box tune with the cai picked up 26rwhp but idled and ran cold for shit. i ran it at the track with gears pullies and exhaust on it 13.2. dyno'd adjusted timing and fuel trims and the car picked up almost .25 secs cold start and idle was great and the car got better mileage.

Those are some nice gains! It will be nice to get a closer look at your car on Saturday. I saw it at WOW and I was impressed. Looked very nice. You weren't around or I would have said hi.

By the way, my friend that I pm'd you about got that car. he got it for a steal. He made the guy an offer and the guy said no, then his wife emailed my friend and said they would take the money. He sent me some pics. It is very nice and he has new rims on the way and everything!

Thanks again for your help on that!!

Reverend Cooper
04-25-2008, 03:41 AM
No problem. I'm glad it worked out for him. he will deff like the car. I wish my car was totally completed for this weekend, right now its detuned abit due to some variable valve timing issues. it goes back under the knife next week to be upgraded and final tuning,then it should be a little faster. I can't wait.
Saturday will be a blast I like me some fords but its always cool to see the generals cars and what those dudes are doing with them to,I get some of my ideas for my car from other makes too

Z28Envy
04-25-2008, 03:44 AM
No problem. I'm glad it worked out for him. he will deff like the car. I wish my car was totally completed for this weekend, right now its detuned abit due to some variable valve timing issues. it goes back under the knife next week to be upgraded and final tuning,then it should be a little faster. I can't wait.
Saturday will be a blast I like me some fords but its always cool to see the generals cars and what those dudes are doing with them to,I get some of my ideas for my car from other makes too

Hopefully the turnout this year will be as good as last year down there! There are a lot of groups like our coming from all over to this. There we alot of mustangs and other cars there last year so there should be a good varitey there again this year.

Reverend Cooper
04-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Thats cool,I thought maybe there would be a bunch of ford and dodge haters due to speed inc. being mostly GM

SmokinRAM114
04-25-2008, 06:51 AM
wow someone deleted my posts lame...

http://a151.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/46/l_18493cde7ce4be0a3255cda51131682e.jpg

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 06:56 AM

Put some man cams in it and see how it acts then:D My junk makes 700 hp, has a huge cam and gets 21mpg too and doesnt do anything stupid... only been on a dyno for scientific purposes.

CannotPost
04-25-2008, 08:12 AM

Wow, some great car related discussion on BCM who knew?? I think having a dyno tune for a base is the way to go, get it set up and making a good number. Then take it to the street and tweak it for the road. Best of both worlds IMO. That said with a good data logger and some know how a good/great tune can be had without a dyno. In the end a dyno is safer and a more controlled evniroment for tuning, after all it is illegal to do a 3rd gear pull to 100 mph for some useable street data. :banana

forest
04-25-2008, 08:28 AM
it starts to get difficult trying to watch a datalogger, AF meter, and keep a car straight that is making 500+ hp to the tires. I agree with the above statement, do both. That is why we bought a eddy current dyno with vehicle simulation, so we can get it 95% right before the car leaves. And yet I still like to run it on the street just to make sure....

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Wow, some great car related discussion on BCM who knew?? I think having a dyno tune for a base is the way to go, get it set up and making a good number. Then take it to the street and tweak it for the road. Best of both worlds IMO. That said with a good data logger and some know how a good/great tune can be had without a dyno. In the end a dyno is safer and a more controlled evniroment for tuning, after all it is illegal to do a 3rd gear pull to 100 mph for some useable street data. :banana

Im not saying a dyno isnt useful, im just saying it isnt always required.

My post above in a round about way explaisn that any idle, part throttle stuff needs to be sorted before doing WOT, that can be saved for the dyno. There is always that issue that everyone sees... my car goes lean on the dyno... well it doesnt load it the same as on the street, no matter how close the machine can match the resistance needed...

I'm just validating that street tuning is a viable option and it has been working for me for 6 years now. You be smart about it when you do it and i feel i can produce the same results consistently that way.

There is no need to take a car to 140 on the street like heat seeker had a ride in a car one time LOL!!!

juicedimpss
04-25-2008, 08:38 AM
... my car goes lean on the dyno... well it doesnt load it the same as on the street, no matter how close the machine can match the resistance needed...

my turbo bike was the same way.
if you made it a dyno queen,it ran like fvck on the street,with a fast street tune,it would cough and sneeze on the dyno.

2 bad z's
04-25-2008, 08:43 AM
I think cost and time also plays a factor,If you have 2 capable tuners,one has to pay for his dyno the other does not ,bottom line is you have to decide if you want to eat steak or hamburger

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 08:48 AM
my turbo bike was the same way.
if you made it a dyno queen,it ran like fvck on the street,with a fast street tune,it would cough and sneeze on the dyno.

yep, my car ran like shit on the dyno last fall too, it would lean out from 11.5 to 12.5 and then it couldnt get enough load to generate full boost either.

As soon as i took it off and went out on the road leaving, it was back to perfect again.

I feel what i charge is more than fair, being it only takes 30 min worth of work to get the same results as the one that cost 2 to 3 times more to get a piece of paper at the end. This is more of a passion to me than a source of income, i just use the cash to cover capitol investments.

2 bad z's
04-25-2008, 09:04 AM
yep, my car ran like shit on the dyno last fall too, it would lean out from 11.5 to 12.5 and then it couldnt get enough load to generate full boost either.

As soon as i took it off and went out on the road leaving, it was back to perfect again.

I feel what i charge is more than fair, being it only takes 30 min worth of work to get the same results as the one that cost 2 to 3 times more to get a piece of paper at the end. This is more of a passion to me than a source of income, i just use the cash to cover capitol investments.been there ,done that,see ya soon

GHOSST
04-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Paulio! 98 Ls1 now? Soon we will all be LS1 homies.:banana:alcoholic.. so long LT1...

forest
04-25-2008, 10:05 AM

I feel what i charge is more than fair, being it only takes 30 min worth of work to get the same results as the one that cost 2 to 3 times more to get a piece of paper at the end. This is more of a passion to me than a source of income, i just use the cash to cover capitol investments.

thats why you shouldn't use a dynojet....:goof and yes what you charge is more than fair. But you will NEVER get the same power results on the street as compared to a dyno. EVER.

juicedimpss
04-25-2008, 10:07 AM
thats why you shouldn't use a dynojet....:goof and yes what you charge is more than fair. But you will NEVER get the same power results on the street as compared to a dyno. EVER.

good thing we dont race dyno charts,you would win them all :thumbsup

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 10:11 AM

:rolf

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 10:13 AM

Do i care if im like 3HP short of a dyno comparison? No. You will NEVER have a car pass one i tuned on street or at the track with all things alike. Thats what matters. Dyno racing sucks. Why arent you out making your millions yet with your secrets you unlocked on LQ4 boat anchors yet?

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Do i care if im like 3HP short of a dyno comparison? No. You will NEVER have a car pass one i tuned on street or at the track with all things alike. Thats what matters. Dyno racing sucks.

Tom I think he is referring to the fact that his Mustang Dyno CAN load the car just like driving on the street.

Its rather neat actually. Im going to do a dead stop test on my truck next time I go over there. Have him load the dyno 100# at a time till my truck can no longer move. :rolf

Also, why does it irritate you so badly that there are other people that know what there doing with LSX engines other then you? It is what it is, there is no reason to get all uptight about it.

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote of the year.

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Tom I think he is referring to the fact that his Mustang Dyno CAN load the car just like driving on the street.

Its rather neat actually. Im going to do a dead stop test on my truck next time I go over there. Have him load the dyno 100# at a time till my truck can no longer move. :rolf

Yeah and ive seen people that arent to sharp operating those type of dynos and wreck shit on peoples cars.... like them retards from chicago at that F body day last year.

Thats ok ill keep doing it up on the street.

And guy im not uptight about it... I just want people to know the truth behind this shit...

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
I agree it could be extremely damaging to ones car if used incorrectly. But whatever bad reputation forest had with Big 3, it was because of the owners from what I can see.

I heard the horror stories and like I said, i was part of the initial witch hunt. But I also gave him a fair shake and from what I can see, the product, quality, and customer service that comes from HIS shop is second to none that Ive seen in that industry.

I dont know many other places that would on the spur of the moment, drive 50 miles out of there way to pick up a part for you and install it the next day for a VERY reasonable price.

Ive seen the current monsters that are living in his shop right now and to tell you the truth, your camaro need be scarred. There is somthing lurking in there that is probably going to be the nastiest daily driver ive ever seen.

I think you need to cut him some slack and give the guy a shot. Ive seen him work on and tune vehicles and I see no idiocy in that place.

*SNOOP*
04-25-2008, 10:26 AM
All I have to say is, Tom put a damn good tune on my car..... Stock bottom end LS1, 150 shot, a few bolt ons, thru a TH400 and a 12 bolt put me in the 10s no problem with a street tune!!!!

Yooformula
holy crap last year's dyno running was a disaster! I have never seen so many cars have issues on a dyno before.

juicedimpss
I think you need to cut him some slack and give the guy a shot. Ive seen him work on and tune vehicles and I see no idiocy in that place.

i will agree with that.
you cant knock the dude who made a HUGE investment. Let his work determine how long it is there.

there is no shortage of LSx work in our area.

forest
04-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah and ive seen people that arent to sharp operating those type of dynos and wreck shit on peoples cars.... like them retards from chicago at that F body day last year.

Thats ok ill keep doing it up on the street.

And guy im not uptight about it... I just want people to know the truth behind this shit...

you mean the truth like you wil never even come close to making 3hp within a cars potential on the street? Especially a boosted one haha. and yes ron, my dyno would win all the dyno races haha :rolf BTW Tom, if you were thinking smart you would try to work somthing out to be able to use the dyno and make more power, safer..... I remember you were one of the biggest ones ripping one treet tuning back in the day at B3P..... now you say its the best stuff ever. Choose youre story... :D

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 10:35 AM
i will agree with that.
you cant knock the dude who made a HUGE investment. Let his work determine how long it is there.

there is no shortage of LSx work in our area.

You ever get that tubing you A-hole? :rolf

juicedimpss
04-25-2008, 10:38 AM
You ever get that tubing you A-hole? :rolf

no,ive been busy with too much other crap to finish the jig.
hopefully soon.

juicedimpss
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I remember you were one of the biggest ones ripping one treet tuning back in the day at B3P..... now you say its the best stuff ever. Choose youre story... :D

i remember that.

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 10:42 AM
i remember that.

Hmmm.... I smell some more crap brewing...

juicedimpss
04-25-2008, 10:44 AM

nope.

Breecher_7
04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
nope.

Mabey its my arm pits :confused

juicedimpss
04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Mabey its my arm pits :confused

could be.
:wow

theavenger333
04-25-2008, 10:55 AM

or it's someone changing their mind, from experience now? it is allowed to change one's mind. it's allowed for Forrest to start a new buisness, and try to get some buisness too. it's all allowed, remember people, it's not always in what you say, its HOW you say it.

not to mention people helping stir the pot ^^^^^^^^^

you mean the truth like you wil never even come close to making 3hp within a cars potential on the street? Especially a boosted one haha.

you guys are talking apples to oranges. Tom's goal is to make a tune to extract results on the car when it's driven, not peak HP. Forrest you're talking about eeking out every ounce of HP the car has. we all know you need HP in order to go fast, we all know that making HP does NOT mean your car will run fast, or properly for that matter.

forest
04-25-2008, 10:56 AM
or it's someone changing their mind, from experience now? it is allowed to change one's mind. it's allowed for Forrest to start a new buisness, and try to get some buisness too. it's all allowed, remember people, it's not always in what you say, its HOW you say it.

not to mention people helping stir the pot ^^^^^^^^^

:thumbsup

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 10:58 AM
you mean the truth like you wil never even come close to making 3hp within a cars potential on the street? Especially a boosted one haha. and yes ron, my dyno would win all the dyno races haha :rolf BTW Tom, if you were thinking smart you would try to work somthing out to be able to use the dyno and make more power, safer..... I remember you were one of the biggest ones ripping one treet tuning back in the day at B3P..... now you say its the best stuff ever. Choose youre story... :D

I rip on people that take customer cars and do street beatings to 140 or some such shit that they call tuning.

Were are just gonna have to agree to disagree. Your prior stint with big 3 is still all around you. Maybe you can prove your self otherwise... who knows, i dont care. I do this shit for a hobby because i enjoy it, i'm happier helping other people's car succeed than working on my own aids bucket.

Again I AM NOT IN COMPETITION WITH OTHER SHOPS. I am a cost effective alternative to people who want bang for the buck.

Its assholes like poncho dan that pratcially ruined this for people of the area because all it takes is one bad apple to make want to pull the plug, because i dont NEED to do this shit. I have a great day job and would ratehr NOT spend my evenings wrenching on cars anymore. They can all come to you and pay 3 times as much then and driver further then they would to come to me.

I'm tired of this revolving argument shit. I think you're full of shit on alot of stuff you say, esp when you start rattling off stuff thats obvious to me thats some elaborate falicy.

You have successfully mastered the art of baffling with bullshit.

We are done talking about this competition bullshit though now.

Sleeper Sierra
04-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I think you should all give wbd a fair shot before you star ripping on them without seeing the work they do, I have been out there a few times and have seen them do some pretty impressive stuff. There are 2 vehicles there now that are going to be absolutely sick when done. I may even have them work on and tune my truck and then tune it safely ON THE DYNO.

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 11:06 AM
i remember that.

You remember what, you werent there.

GTSLOW
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
The shit hath hit the fan :popcorn

steve just let it go to the flame pit :goof

CobraSnake
04-25-2008, 11:15 AM
watch the thread will be completely deleted now. Why don't you guys stop being ass hats. How the hell did this thread turn into a subject about Tom and Forrest??? You both are tuners and I doubt this kid will go to either of you now. He sure doesn't want a 5th grader to tune his car.

Mark

juicedimpss
04-25-2008, 11:16 AM
You remember what, you werent there.

that bashing was on THIS public forum.

how could anyone NOT remember it?

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 11:18 AM
watch the thread will be completely deleted now. Why don't you guys stop being ass hats. How the hell did this thread turn into a subject about Tom and Forrest??? You both are tuners and I doubt this kid will go to either of you now. He sure doesn't want a 5th grader to tune his car.

Mark

I withdrew from the argument, see prior page. Actually he just stopped by 30min ago, but had to sent him back because its missing some vital things before i can dig into it. We will square it away once the corrections are made.

CobraSnake
04-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I withdrew from the argument, see prior page. Actually he just stopped by 30min ago, but had to sent him back because its missing some vital things before i can dig into it. We will square it away once the corrections are made.

good then Yoo or Crip close this god for saken thread already. If it continues I think we will all be a little stupider.

Mark

BAD LS1
04-25-2008, 11:21 AM
that bashing was on THIS public forum.

how could anyone NOT remember it?

I think YOU are confused as to what he was talking about, B3P?? big 3 performance??? Did you stop in there with me jeff and kyle and steve?

Pretty hard for me to rip on the street tuning when thats all i have done for 6 years... I will mock it when its done in stupid fashion though.

forest
04-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Lets take it to PM tom. Done with thread.