PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

0TransAm0
04-23-2008, 03:29 PM
About the new 08 evo??? ive been tossing around the idea of selling the TA for a new evo.. or keeping the TA and getting a bike...

i mean i like my car alot but its more of a straight line car.. i want something a little more practical and yet be fun both in the twisties and in a straight line... but for 35k for the evo im not sure..
oh and the girlfriend wants to buy a house so..IDK what to do she would probably be pissed if i started a new car payment or added the bike..

what do you think?
Mike

Yooformula
04-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I am not sold on teh new body styles yet. I would opt for the house. you can get a GREAT deal on homes right now if your credit is good.

johnny--2k
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I will say the Evo is a great looking car in person. I was not a huge fan of them in pictures, but seeing them up close at the dealerships, I really do like them more and more.

Competition wise, why not the STi? Just curious really.

As for payments, if your TA is paid off, and you get decent money for it, you could realistically be looking at a payment in the $400-500 range depending on what you get for your car and any money you put down. Otherwise, get the house, if your approved for more, you could just use the extra and pay cash for a car, but that's not the smartest idea, using an appreciating asset to pay for a depreciating asset. That's why I dont understand why people use home equity lines of credit to buy a car. Stupidest thing you could do with your money IMHO.....

Anyways, I'm just babbling now, bored at work!

That_Guy
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
i really like both the new evo and sti..

H8RADE
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
i really like both the new evo and sti..

Wow.
I am really surprised to see you post in this thread.
Where have you been and why don't you post more?
:shades

0TransAm0
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
I will say the Evo is a great looking car in person. I was not a huge fan of them in pictures, but seeing them up close at the dealerships, I really do like them more and more.

Competition wise, why not the STi? Just curious really.

i didn't really like them in the pics either but i went to the dealer last week and today to look at one.. i have yet to test drive it. but i think in person they look badass. and as for the STI i wont get because my cousin has a 06 that is heavely modded and i dont want the same car as him...

i always thought that if you got approved for 200k for a house and bout one for 175k that they still only gave you the 175?????

Yooformula
04-23-2008, 03:58 PM
the idea of using home equity is so that you can write off the interest from it as opposed to just throwing it away. thats what I always thought it was especially since you were going to maintain a loan anyways, might as well be able to write it off.

johnny--2k
04-23-2008, 04:07 PM
you can write off the interest, but now you are paying for something that will depreciate much quicker than your house will appreciate, so your still throwing money away.

Yooformula
04-23-2008, 04:09 PM
but you were throwing it away anyways on the auto loan werent you?

Lash
04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Buy a house!!!

PureSound15
04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Buy a house man. You've gotta do it eventually, or... it makes sense to do it eventually.

johnny--2k
04-23-2008, 04:38 PM
but you were throwing it away anyways on the auto loan werent you?

True, but again, it's the whole appreciating asset vs depreciating asset. Why waste that "cash" on a depreciating asset when you could save it, essentially make money on it, and have it available in the case of an emergency or something of that nature?

Cars are a waste of money either way (except in some rare occasions such as classics) so why use cash on hand to pay for something that will lose the majority of it's value over the course of ownership vs having that cash available for more important and possibly appreciating expenses such as remodeling, investing, etc....

Lash
04-23-2008, 04:41 PM
So you're saying that financing a car is better than paying cash? lol

Now that's a new one.

Short term it may be better....but no way long term. Thats exactly why this country is in so much trouble.

Yooformula
04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
i am saying that IF you HAVE to finance it anyways, wouldnt it be better to be able to write off the interest?

lit666
04-23-2008, 04:53 PM
couple houses for sale near Yoofs and I.

Karps TA
04-23-2008, 04:59 PM
i am saying that IF you HAVE to finance it anyways, wouldnt it be better to be able to write off the interest?

All depends on the interest. If you're talking a new car and you're getting a sweet 0% or 2.% or something then it's wiser to take the auto loan. Especially since your HOE is probably going to be in that 5% range if not more.

The difference on your taxes won't be that much in that case.

I agree with the suggestion to buy the house. Atleast it's an investment. However it's also a great way to spend alot more money then you planned on. You'll be amazed how much crap you don't like about a house when you're living in it, and when you see all the cool stuff at Menards/Lowes/Depot it's just as addicting as car parts.

STANMAN
04-23-2008, 05:16 PM
The new STI looks like a $40K Focus hatchback, and the new EVO isn't much better. They both retain the base cars cheap feel as well! Sat in both at the auto show, neither are something I would ever buy, especially at that price point!

HP ADDICT
04-23-2008, 06:10 PM
I really don't like the hatchback sti either. I think it will help keep the resale value up on the older sedan sti's though!

lordairgtar
04-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Buy a nice little two bedroom house wit a 8 car garage!!!!

Nix
04-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Mike sell me your t top shades before you get rid of the ta if you do :thumbsup:shades

your nuts for selling it though, its paid off correct? seeing it in person that thing is clean as hell from what I saw and its a perfect runner so why get rid of it and have some type of payment?

0TransAm0
04-23-2008, 07:19 PM
i dont have the t top shades. :) and it needs a little work in the paint area but thats just me nit picking every little thing... and yes paid for. but your right on it running good...

Lash
04-23-2008, 07:59 PM

I was referring to Johnny :banana1:

:thumbsup

Deggy
04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
The STi went with the hatchback style to break away from the Evo vrs. WRX battle I think.

Flicktitty
04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
after seeing more and more evo's i really like them. i say go for it. there is a nice white one up on hwy by mayfair.

CobraSnake
04-24-2008, 12:00 AM
yeah buy a house. I'm a real estate agent so I'll sell it to ya.

Mark

Voodoo Chick
04-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Just remember: You can sleep in your car, but you can't race a house.......Keep your TA......