PDA

View Full Version : Hollywierds interpretation of cars

lordairgtar
04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
I was watching CSI Miami last night and a real mean sounding Charger sedan runs a guy over. OK? Then the CSI people start investigating and they determined that the Charger runs on Bio diesel. WTF! A diesel Charger? I even had to look that one up. No Charger that I could find has a diesel engine. God, can't writers do a little research? If they really needed a diesel powered car for their plot, couldn't they use am actual make that has a diesel instead of making it up? You can forgive these writers for doing squealing tires on dirt, (Duke Boys anyone?) but really!!! I think they should have stayed on strike until they were provided brains. God, hire a consultant to figure these things out.

lasttimearound
04-22-2008, 11:26 PM
when i was in england last you can get diesel 300s (i even saw one in toronto last time i was up there).

Korndogg
04-22-2008, 11:33 PM
hahahaha me and the gf were watching that and I said the exact same thing! I was like wtf is that?!

Yooformula
04-22-2008, 11:36 PM
I watched an episode last week with a V6 mustang vert driving down a road with a LOUD exhaust that sounded like a sbc.

lasttimearound
04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
i saw that one! i used to love that show, then it got all sorts of weird

lordairgtar
04-23-2008, 12:03 AM
when i was in england last you can get diesel 300s (i even saw one in Toronto last time i was up there).
OK, but last time I checked, Miami is in Florida. Though a US diesel would be cool.

Voodoo Chick
04-23-2008, 02:40 AM
I recently saw some made for the Sci-Fi channel horror movie in which a car LOUDLY squealed it's tires on grass........For some reason this really struck me as funny....

SlowStee
04-23-2008, 11:51 AM
thats because CSI Miami is ****** garbage!!

Karps TA
04-23-2008, 11:55 AM
CSI Miami is the best. How Caruso gets people to admit to stuff just by taking off his sunglasses kills me.

I alos love their high tech computer lab, where they can ID a person off the reflection of someones sunglasses being reflected off 2 buildings. Or how they can get DNA evidence done in about 2 minutes.

Awesome show.

formul8
04-23-2008, 11:55 AM
I recently saw some made for the Sci-Fi channel horror movie in which a car LOUDLY squealed it's tires on grass........For some reason this really struck me as funny....

The General Lee used to squeal it's tires on dirt in every episode. :durr

Voodoo Chick
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
General Lee's tires never stopped squealing on that show....I think they were even squealing while she was parked, LOL!!

lordairgtar
04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Yup! That was my Duke Boys reference in the OP.

Caruso must have special powers in those eyes of his, that's why he keeps them covered with the sunglasses. And what's up with their Medical Examiner. (Khandi Alexander) It always looks like she's getting off on the corpses.

lasttimearound
04-23-2008, 11:17 PM
OK, but last time I checked, Miami is in Florida. Though a US diesel would be cool.

i know, i was just stating, that there are some sweet full size diesels out there... i would love to see that stuff make it over here. when i was in germany, we had tdci focus wagon, that thing got about 40mpg on the hwy and around 35 city.

lordairgtar
04-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah lastime, diesels still have a bad rep here because of those Oldsmobiles. I used to have one. Not good for apartment dwellers who can't plug in their blockheaters.