PDA

View Full Version : Is there anywhere to ride ATVs in Oak Creek?

Moparjim
04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
I could swear there are snowmobile/ATV trails of some sort right here in Oak Creek - anyone know of any in Oak Creek or northern Racine county or is Bong pretty much the closest place? I am just looking for somewhere I can try out quick for starters!

Korndogg
04-22-2008, 06:14 PM
pm slols1

Breecher_7
04-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Down the street??????

70 cutlass 442
04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
well, you are rite about snowmobile trails, they are all over, but you cant take an atv on them. bong is probably the closest unless you know someone with some land, we have 20 acres here id let you rip on but the farmer will be planting soon.

70challenger
04-22-2008, 11:57 PM
i heard bong was gay from the guy my dad got his dirtbike from, but ive never been there to verify. my granpa's farm has 200+ acres that can be ridden on but they are also planting soon. i know theres dyracuse which is south of wisconsin rapids which i have gone to alot and its a good time. i also think theres a atv park down in rockford illinios, but i have never been there. if you want real riding though, make the trip to the balands in indiana. 1000 acres of dunes, trails, mud, rivers, damn near everything.

Moparjim
04-24-2008, 06:17 AM
I was under the impression that you could ride on snowmobile trails? Is that incorrect?

stenchmiester
04-24-2008, 10:27 AM
in caledonia you are not aloud to ride atv on snowmobile trails however we do have a set of trails called the root river starts off of county line road and nicholson and goes all the way to the free way but they are not ;legal too ride on so u just have to be careful when u cross the streets

70 cutlass 442
04-24-2008, 10:28 AM
I was under the impression that you could ride on snowmobile trails? Is that incorrect?

very illeagle. most of the snowmobile trails are only around for the season as they cross many fields and stuff like that. once you get furhter up north thats where you will see the snombile trials used for atvs in summer

pOrk
04-24-2008, 10:30 AM

There are very limited trails in the area that allow both snowmobile and atv's, most of the snowmobile trails are temporary because they go across farmers fields :)

70 cutlass 442
04-24-2008, 10:31 AM
in caledonia you are not aloud to ride atv on snowmobile trails however we do have a set of trails called the root river starts off of county line road and nicholson and goes all the way to the free way but they are not ;legal too ride on so u just have to be careful when u cross the streets

you moron, people like you are reasons there arnt many trails around here for us to ride on. i hope you meet one of the friendly DNR wardens in racine county :loser

stenchmiester
04-24-2008, 10:40 AM
dnr doesnt control the root river trails

70 cutlass 442
04-24-2008, 11:12 AM
dnr doesnt control the root river trails

local pd or sheriff will still ticket you

stenchmiester
04-24-2008, 11:23 AM
yes but thats why i made a point to inform him that it was illegal to ride on i love how peopleon here act like they have never done anything illegal

70 cutlass 442
04-24-2008, 11:57 AM
yes but thats why i made a point to inform him that it was illegal to ride on i love how peopleon here act like they have never done anything illegal

that type of law breaking leads to diminished trail systems or hampers the development of new ones. look at many of the snowmobile trails that get closed because people dont stay on the marked areas and piss off private land owners.

u_say_go
04-24-2008, 08:57 PM
just check the dnr website, they have a list of atv trails by county

SmokinRAM114
04-25-2008, 04:46 PM
that type of law breaking leads to diminished trail systems or hampers the development of new ones. look at many of the snowmobile trails that get closed because people dont stay on the marked areas and piss off private land owners.

coming from the king of trespass:rolleyes:

70 cutlass 442
04-25-2008, 05:01 PM
coming from the king of trespass:rolleyes:

that was in my younger days, id like to think i got wiser :thumbsup