PDA

View Full Version : Turnbow and Gagne

VroomPshhTsi
04-21-2008, 09:55 PM
How many times do we let these guys pitch before they are done? Turnblow cost us the game tonight, he has a sexy ERA at 9.5. Gagne gave up back to back HRs the other day too. I'm no die-hard Brewers fan but come on, this is just sad.

Lash
04-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Meanwhile...

Francisco Cordero is 2 for 2 on save opps. (with 1 win) and has only given up 1 ER and 9 strikeouts in 8 innings.

Beagle
04-22-2008, 01:46 AM
the crew needs to get of gagne for sure. hes not worth the money. I think DT just needs to get his confidence back and he will be awesome.

wikked
04-22-2008, 10:18 AM
While Gagne is a rollercoaster... he is among the NL leaders in saves.
He should be at the top of course.

I think Turnbow is done, he was good until the all-star break his rookie year, because no one had ever seen him pitch before.
Everyone has now figured him out, and he really doesn't have anything filthy to throw.

I'm still on the fence for Gagne.
Maybe those big ass goggles are messing with his game. Are those prescription or wtf?
Lasik surgery?

Why not try Riske for a few save opps to see if he can get it done?

I still say Cordero was worth every penny... should have thrown 50mil at him, who cares, there isn't shit available for closers.
How many saves have we blown now? uh-huh.

VroomPshhTsi
04-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Gagne is only among the leaders for saves because his team has backed him up when he needed them. He has a 8.2 ERA along with 4 HRs allowed in 9 games. He is 6 of 9 for save opportunities, and he is lucky he got a few of those (could easily be at 3-4 saves).

Gagne = $10 million bust (atleast so far, unless he catches on fire which I don't see happening)

Jsho13
04-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Before his season with the Brewers Gagne had only blown 11 saves total . . . . in his career. This season he has blown three. When he hot he's hot, and when hes not . . . well we all know what happens then. As for Turnbow, hes garbage. Had one good season and made it to the all-star game. Last season everyone figured it out, he throws a fastball almost every pitch and batters go up there looking for a fastball. He doesn't have command with his curve so he backs it up with a heater right down the middle of the plate.

VroomPshhTsi
04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
wasn't Gagne a setup man last year, and a bad one at that? (thus making this his second year since a good one, just like turnblow)

Jsho13
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah Gagne didn't fair so well last season

wikked
04-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Gagne is only among the leaders for saves because his team has backed him up when he needed them.

:confused
There is no "backing up" by the batters once the save man is in... that's it, done, last chance.
If he doesn't save it in the 9th, he doesn't get another chance to save it in the 10th :P

He's among the leaders for saves, because he got the job done more often than not, so far.

He's still averaging a save every 2 of 3 chances.

Am I still nervous when he comes into a game? Hell yes.
Even he looks nervous, like he has no confidence in himself.

VroomPshhTsi
04-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I mean that he will have a 1-2 run lead going into the 9th, then blow it, then we win it in extras

STANMAN
04-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah Gagne didn't fair so well last season

As a set up man after the all star break in Boston, no. As a closer with Texas before the all star break he was actually pretty damned good.

Jsho13
04-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah thats true. I was thinking about his time with Boston. He still has good stuff. Turnbow should be gone.

Karps TA
04-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Yost needs to #1 never use Gagne when it's wet out. The guy has blown 2 saves while wet, and spends all his time worrying about footing, that nobody else has a problem with.

Turnbow I have to turn off the game when he comes in. I couldn't stand the guy last year, and he's worse this year. Hitters have it easy against him. Either keep the bat on your shoulder and he'll miss the plate by a mile, or he grooves fast balls right down the middle. You don't even have to guess.

Brewers offense is just going to have to start getting their heads out of their butts and score enough runs that they don't need to worry about their closers giving up 2-3 runs an outing.

flyin_blue_egg
04-22-2008, 10:10 PM
both suck ass!!!! was at the game today and enjoyed watching gagme blow the save!!!

Lash
04-22-2008, 10:17 PM
This sh!t has gotten out of control. Fire em all!

Guteman
04-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Im sorry but Gagne didnt blow this save today, the game was over but the double play didnt happen.... I'm starting to get bored with him though.

VroomPshhTsi
04-23-2008, 01:52 AM
both suck ass!!!! was at the game today and enjoyed watching gagme blow the save!!!

Were you the tard wearing the Cubs jersey I saw on TV? Seriously, why (as a Cubs fan) would you go to a Brewers vs. Cardinals game? How lame can you be? If your team isn't playing, stay home!

VroomPshhTsi
04-23-2008, 01:54 AM
It would've been over after 9 innings if Gagne didn't let the first two batters get on base. He has yet to do a 3 up 3 down save. Turnbow has allowed every lead off hitter to reach base, Gagne isn't much better.

wikked
04-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Were you the tard wearing the Cubs jersey I saw on TV? Seriously, why (as a Cubs fan) would you go to a Brewers vs. Cardinals game? How lame can you be? If your team isn't playing, stay home!

As a baseball fan in general, why not?
If I lived in New York, I'd still go see the Yankees play.

Besides, he's putting arbitration money into our bank :]

badvenom
04-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Gagne
is a bum

DirtyMax
04-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Im sorry but Gagne didnt blow this save today, the game was over but the double play didnt happen....

BINGO! Rickie and Prince blew that one yesterday.

70challenger452
04-23-2008, 10:04 PM
wow, turnbow actually did something useful today and went out there and pitched awsome. Big ups goes to yost for have the brass ones to send him out in a pressure situation, and have it pay off.

wikked
04-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Yea, that was his make or break chance.
Loved the strikeout where he jammed the guy up top and he swung like a crippled girl :rolf.

Hats off to Prince too, good show young man, good show!

Karps TA
04-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Missed it. As soon as Turnbow comes into a game I turn it off. I can't watch it. I don't need that kind of stress and anger before going to bed. lol

Guteman
04-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Props to turnbow. He actually saved a game for once! Karps, if you're turning off the game when he comes on because you know the brew crew is going to lose, aren't you going to be pissed off anyway? hehe :)