PDA

View Full Version : Car club meet ideas

03CVLX
04-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey all,

A couple of members of a car club I belong to are trying to plan a meet. I was trying to find a picnic area with a shelter so we can do the grill thing for food but still have cover if it rains. I am trying to keep this in southern Milwaukee County or Racine County area.

I have checked with the Milwaukee County parks department but most of those shelters are pretty well booked already. Does anyone here maybe have any ideas where I could look for a place to hold this meet. Any suggestions would be great

Thanks,

Tom

nismodave
04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Your best bet would be to buy a Tent. Its a nice thing to have and not too expensive.

Its not much of a catalog, but they sell the kit, and you buy 1" conduit and cut it to size. Here is a pic. ......Then you can hold it anywhere without worry of weather.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/nismodave57/tn_ALMS2006172.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/nismodave57/tn_ALMS2006257.jpg

03CVLX
04-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I actually have a small one now, I will try and find that kit and make up a bigger one. Thanks, Dave.

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I know in Racine County all the picnic pavilions are basically booked the first week the county allows people to start booking them at the beginning of the season, which was probably about a month ago.

lordairgtar
04-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Muskego has a nice park near the city hall with a Pavillion. Plenty of space. The pavillion even has a pop machine for those who never seem to bring enough soda.

Smokey1226
04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Meyer Park ^^ Thats where we hold our Lions Club Car show in the summer. HUGE turn out last year, and im hopeing to bring even more cars! As i joined! Woot one of the youngest members in history

nismodave
04-21-2008, 11:30 PM
I forgot to add the link.

http://www.shelsys.com/ordercatalog.html

70challenger
04-22-2008, 01:13 AM
what about the bauer built building in waukesha. there use to be a weekly show every monday night and it was a blast! slowc5's dad owns the property and he let us do donuts burnout's, ect. in the lot and the road. and everything was pretty cool.

03CVLX
04-22-2008, 01:22 AM
what about the bauer built building in waukesha. there use to be a weekly show every monday night and it was a blast! slowc5's dad owns the property and he let us do donuts burnout's, ect. in the lot and the road. and everything was pretty cool.

Interseting Idea, I remember hearing about that show, it was right when I joined BCM. I unfortunately never made it to one of them though I was working nights then, and I haven't ever met SlowC5 so I would feel kind of funny asking him if I could use the lot.

CobraSnake
05-06-2008, 11:10 AM
you guys could always use my house and backyard for a small fee(lots and lots of alcohol). Its in a nice area, my neighbors are great and I have a propane grill.

Mark

Waver
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
How about Whitnall park? everyone kows where that is, and hell we used to sit up there all day and grill.