PDA

View Full Version : Project '32 Ford part 2 (finally painted)56k no-go

u_say_go
04-21-2008, 09:32 PM
the car is still missing interior, rear brakes, driveshaft, windows, and a bunch of chrome goodies...but you can kinda tell what it'll look like when it's finished.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2012.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2013.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2011.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2014.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2015.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2016.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2017.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2020.jpg

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Car looks real good. What motor is in there?

pw_cc_runner
04-21-2008, 09:43 PM
now this is what I am talking about... awesome car. I can't wait to see it finished.

nismodave
04-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Un F In Real!!!!!

Wow!!!

WickedSix
04-21-2008, 09:46 PM
That car is soo badass very nice :thumbsup and thanks for sharing the photos

u_say_go
04-21-2008, 09:49 PM
that engine was built for Tom Pogo (outhouse engineering) before he passed away. It's a SBC, Dart Pro heads, $2400 LA Billet crank, custom ground cam, tunnel ram dual 750 Edlebrock carbs.
The pictures from my $60 camera dont do the quality of the car any justice. When it's done, you guys will see it.

moels
04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Amazing car!

nismodave
04-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Tom Pogo, there is a name I have not heard in a while. RIP Tom.

That is one of the baddest cars Ive seen posted on BCM.

u_say_go
04-21-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm still not sure I'm diggin' the flames though. It's so hard to do them right without having sides on the engine compartment...my dad wanted them to look like they were coming from the exhaust, which was achieved, not sure if it shows in the pictures though.
We rolled out the t-bucket and lined it up next to the '32....as nice as the bucket is, seeing it next to the deuce made it look like a winter beater.
Yeah Dave, Tom was a good dude. My parents were close to Tom and Karen, still see Karen often.

nismodave
04-21-2008, 09:58 PM
The flames are subtle. They do not jump out, and ruin the lines of the car.

u_say_go
04-21-2008, 10:01 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2024.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/jaydubya_2006/project32part2022.jpg

SmokinRAM114
04-21-2008, 10:30 PM
i showed my old man this badass piece. old timer, he says the flames make that car and was wondering who shot the paint. its glass!

u_say_go
04-21-2008, 10:37 PM
it's all in the prep work. 400 hours + $800 worth of sandpaper= smooth like a baby's butt!
The guy who shot it is named Dave Widmann, out of west bend. He used to paint all the Boss Hoss bikes, then got into fabricating and painting street rods. He's built some pretty insane stuff- he's got an all stainless steel framed '34 Chevy he built for The Riddler....missed the deadline on that one.

ponyride00
04-21-2008, 10:52 PM
That car is awesome. The color is breath taking.

Flicktitty
04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
thats gorgeous! i love the color! looks wet just sitting there.

awsomeears
04-21-2008, 10:59 PM
WoW

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Car looks fricken spectacular, I wanna say I saw that painters handiwork on a awesome "real flames" Chevy Avalanche in last years Dupont Hot Hues custom paint calendar.

That_Guy
04-21-2008, 11:15 PM
so whats the name of that color?

MoCkiN U
04-22-2008, 12:09 AM
where does the line start for rides? would love to take a ride in that thing

pw_cc_runner
04-22-2008, 12:21 AM
I think a nice polished set of these headers or something similar would really finish flames off and accomplish what your Dad was looking for.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/pw_cc_runner/1932-Ford-Red-ret-ww-sy-1024x768.jpg

A B4C Z
04-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Went and looked at it shortley after you probly left. The Rod is ******* sweet. That paint is perfect on there. Talk about no orange peel thats it. Should be a show stopper when its all done

Josepy
04-22-2008, 08:38 AM
sweet looking car. going to have to come over and take a look.

Junky Giorgio
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
now that is some serious attention to detail!

That_Guy
04-22-2008, 08:08 PM
yep, that would be the guy.

Dupont Hot Hues "molten bronze" with "champagne fizz" flames.

This isnt a Crash Customs paint Job Pork

looks alot like gm's sunburst orange metalic witch is based off that color from what i hear. w/e the case is it looks amazing!

Karps TA
04-22-2008, 08:21 PM
nice!

That would drive me nuts trying to keep that clean. I'd be scared to drive it anywhere for awhile.

Yooformula
04-23-2008, 04:01 PM
fuggin gorgeous!!!

Irish
04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
I see that my post got deleted along with pork's. I want to know what you (usaygo) have against CrashCustoms that's all. Not trying to flame, just an honest question. I'd appreciate it if this post didn't get deleted. I am not trying to fight or insult anyone. I am honestly curious.

Lash
04-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Let me guess....Pork said something along these lines...

"It looks o.k. I hate the flames but it a decent paint job. CrashCustoms could have done better though".

Yooformula
04-23-2008, 04:46 PM
nobody said anything against crash or anybody else but if he did, so what! a good thread was posted about a guy's family ride and it got all twisted up. take the bs to pm if you need to shit on a thread. the only thing he said was that crash didnt paint the car and posted who did paint it. crash doesnt donate to the site so what if someone says something negative about his work?! its business and life get over it. Crash isnt the end all painter in milwaukee, yes he is good but so are alot of other painters.

Deggy
04-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Tom Pogo was an amazing engine builder/fabricator. He was a very close friend and mentor to my father. Everything my dad knows about building Sprint cars and midgets he learned from Pogo. The man was a car genius.

Car looks great BTW.

Irish
04-23-2008, 05:43 PM
nobody said anything against crash or anybody else but if he did, so what! a good thread was posted about a guy's family ride and it got all twisted up. take the bs to pm if you need to shit on a thread. the only thing he said was that crash didnt paint the car and posted who did paint it. crash doesnt donate to the site so what if someone says something negative about his work?! its business and life get over it. Crash isnt the end all painter in milwaukee, yes he is good but so are alot of other painters.

No need to get heated. I was just curious. Crash is a friend of mine and if someone has a problem, I wanted to know what it is. I am not trying to pick a fight, however I would like to bring up the fact that Pork did not bring his name into it, Usaygo did, on his own thread, when Pork ribbed him a little bit about using "800 pieces of sandpaper" I could care less if he did or not. Regradless the paint on the giant model car looks nice, essentually that is what the car is a giant fiberglass model. It is beautiful work, although the tranny pan looks rusty.... I'd still drive it except I would have dropped an LSX, M6 combo in it.

u_say_go
04-23-2008, 10:36 PM
ya know, Pork and Irish can say whatever they want, it's cool. Everyone has opinions and can dish out whatever they want. Just remember, so can I. I havent made any comments bragging, just sharing some pictures and sharing the enthusiasm we have for this project.
With that said, you want to call the car a "giant fiberglass model"? It's a badass fiberglass model, isnt it!? And you want to knit-pick about a rusty trans pan? You actually think that wont get replaced before the car hits the road? "I'd still drive it except I would have dropped an LSX, M6 combo in it." Good for you. When you build this car, you can put your LSX M6 combo in it, and I'm sure it will be nice.
Not sure what Pork said, not like it matters, but if you've got something to say just drop me a PM instead of stinkin' up a decent thread...I didnt bash anything on your kickass 'Paint your taillights' thread.

Deggy- Tom was a very cool guy, and it sounds like our dad's had the same type of relationship with him.

MoCkiN U
04-23-2008, 11:57 PM
wow this thread went boom. I dont know anyone involved except pork and he gets taken wrong a lot but then he does open his mouth at the wrong time sometimes too. I cant believe there would be haters on a project like that but I can be wrong. Just surprised....thats all.

Either way I still want to know where the line starts to ride in this thing LOL

pOrk
04-24-2008, 12:31 AM
WOW what a joke, I didn't mention any names all I said was I have seen the guys work before and its top notch. Untwist your ******* panties

Deggy
04-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Deggy- Tom was a very cool guy, and it sounds like our dad's had the same type of relationship with him.

I wouldn't be surprised if our dad's knew eachother.

MoCkiN U
04-24-2008, 12:12 PM
^how cool would that be. 2 men buddies through a love of custom cars to only have their sons meet through the same type of passion

Deggy
04-24-2008, 12:45 PM
That would be some shit right there.

Irish
04-24-2008, 04:49 PM
ya know, Pork and Irish can say whatever they want, it's cool. Everyone has opinions and can dish out whatever they want. Just remember, so can I. I havent made any comments bragging, just sharing some pictures and sharing the enthusiasm we have for this project.
With that said, you want to call the car a "giant fiberglass model"? It's a badass fiberglass model, isnt it!? And you want to knit-pick about a rusty trans pan? You actually think that wont get replaced before the car hits the road? "I'd still drive it except I would have dropped an LSX, M6 combo in it." Good for you. When you build this car, you can put your LSX M6 combo in it, and I'm sure it will be nice.
Not sure what Pork said, not like it matters, but if you've got something to say just drop me a PM instead of stinkin' up a decent thread...I didnt bash anything on your kickass 'Paint your taillights' thread.

Who the fvck are you, the obseravation police? I asked a legit question. Yeah I do think it's a giant fiberglass model, so what. I am entitled to my opinion here just like anyone else. Why don't you go take a fuggin prozac or something.

Your Attitude = FAIL

u_say_go
04-24-2008, 04:58 PM
like i've stated before, you ARE entitled to your opinion. It's very clear why you and pork are buddies.
Fiberglass model, I got it. I'll talk to the old man and see if he'll enter into the model contest at World of Wheels next year, or maybe Greenfield News and Hobby can put it in their display case with the other models.
My attitude= FAIL? I see that's the new term around here. Let me try using it once....Your life= FAIL. was that a good one?

Irish
04-24-2008, 05:03 PM
like i've stated before, you ARE entitled to your opinion. It's very clear why you and pork are buddies.
Fiberglass model, I got it. I'll talk to the old man and see if he'll enter into the model contest at World of Wheels next year, or maybe Greenfield News and Hobby can put it in their display case with the other models.
My attitude= FAIL? I see that's the new term around here. Let me try using it once....Your life= FAIL. was that a good one?

Lets meet. I would REALLY enjoy that. :thumbsup Name the time and place.

P.S. Get the sand outta your Vag.

u_say_go
04-24-2008, 05:13 PM
not into the whole online dating scene anymore, but I'm flattered.

Irish
04-24-2008, 05:27 PM
not into the whole online dating scene anymore, but I'm flattered.

You are the one that invited me to a meeting in the first place you fugging sally. Now man up or shut up. Either or. "Our paths will meet?" You said that to me in a PM. I accepted your invite, NAME THE TIME AND PLACE. Just don't be too salty when it doesn't go the way you anticipated.

u_say_go
04-24-2008, 05:35 PM
after asking for his phone number to clear the air,big tough E-thuggin Irish sent me this sweet PM.
"Why would I give you my number? How do I know that you don't work for my cell phone company or know someone that does. Anyone that would do that is an idiot."

yeah, gotta be affraid of those scary phone company guys.
with that said....this thread is done.

Irish
04-24-2008, 05:43 PM
some people just dont get it.

Like you for instance. I really like the car. I don't like your attitude. I don't like the fact that you tossed someone's name out that didn't say schit about you, the car, or anything else. Crash never did a damn thing but yet YOU decided to bring his name into it as a way of insulting PORK, which, by the way was extremely lame.

Irish
04-24-2008, 05:48 PM
after asking for his phone number to clear the air,big tough E-thuggin Irish sent me this sweet PM.
"Why would I give you my number? How do I know that you don't work for my cell phone company or know someone that does. Anyone that would do that is an idiot."

yeah, gotta be affraid of those scary phone company guys.
with that said....this thread is done.

I know you don't want me to post our entire pm conversation on here. You fugging *****. I asked when and where numersous times only to have you avoid answering. I am not an E-thug however, when someone says lets meet, I am more than willing to oblige. I would never give a stranger, an idiot stranger nonetheless a way to access my personal information. If you want to talk over the phone sally, PM me your number and I will call you. If you wanted to talk on the phone so badly why didn't you pm me your number in the first place?
With that being said..... :flipoff2:

u_say_go
04-24-2008, 05:51 PM
is this what your whole problem is about???? Let me spell it out for you, again.
my comment was "this isnt a Crash Customs paint job". Which meant no disrespect to Crash, but this car is not on the same level as those Crash has produced, from what I've seen. Let me give you an example... McDonald's cheeseburgers are pretty good, but if you go to a different restaurant and they have gourmet cheeseburgers that might taste better to some people, the comment could be made "This isnt a McDonald's cheeseburger".
Does this make sense now? I dont know how to explain it any clearer.
Funny how some people can voice their opinion and say what they want, but when others do it, they have an attitude and big tough guys such as yourself want to fight.