PDA

View Full Version : Found a LT1 T.P.S. Mod?

Firefighter Z
04-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Found a new mod that I never heard of...

For those who want to know about the T.P.S. Mod. Here it is. For those of you who own a 93 F-body, You can set your TPS Sensor At .50 volts to get better throttle response and 94-97 F-Body's can be set at .67 volts to improve Throttle Response. It's a free way to get the caspers Throttle Response Enhancer. The same Idea as what they do with the TRE module. I learned the trick from Golen Engines. Also the way you do it is to pull off the TPS sensor, drill the holes out at an angle so you can pivot the sensor on the Throttle Body,Reattach the sensor to the Throttle Body, Probe the blue wire with a Volt meter and then ground the other test lead to the Battery on the ground side, Slowly move the sensor while watching the volt meter as the voltage moves up and down when you move the sensor. And get your reading. Copy it so you can put it back if your car does'nt run right. Should'nt have any problems but as with any mod; results vary and I'm not responsible for mess ups. But now after you set the TPS @ your setting you are done, tighten the screws and take it for a spin. Hope it helps some of you out. If you try it and like it leave a reply, I like helping people out. Good Luck.

The holes are round, and you can't adjust it. You make the holes oval and then the TPS will move around and change voltages. Tighten it up at that voltage and then it's modded. I uses a drill bit just between my fingers and went up and down in the hole, which shaved off the sides. You COULD use a drill but, I figured that'd take more off than I wanted. With the little I did, I could adjust over 0.10v