PDA

View Full Version : Rust bullet

Flicktitty
04-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Has anyone on here ever used it?

I've been reading alot of differant car restoration threads latly and everyone seems to be using this stuff. just wondering if anyone on here has ever tried it?

Website - http://www.rustbullet.com/index.htm

PureSound15
04-17-2008, 02:58 PM
As soon as I clicked on that link, both of my anti-virus programs went nuts.

I've never heard of it, but I wish I could see the site :(

theavenger333
04-17-2008, 03:37 PM
dunno what you're using Ryan, but the site is fine.

USMARINE1108
04-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Doesn't work for me either.

GTSLOW
04-17-2008, 03:51 PM
http://www.rustbullet.com/images/cans.jpg

According to the Thomas Register, the world's leading resource on industrial products and services, there are 319 companies that market rust/corrosion control products.
Corrosion Inhibitor Coating

It takes several months for any rust/corrosion control product to demonstrate its effectiveness. This allows some of these companies to remove their ineffective products from store shelves, change the product name, and place the same product containing the same ingredients, with a different name, back on those same store shelves. Our extensive research has revealed that virtually all rust/corrosion control products contain one or more of six main ingredients.

To separate Rust Bullet® from these 319 companies, we decided to test, scientifically, against the six main ingredients that these products contain, using the market leaders, and not the specific brands or names that are subject to manipulation.
Rust Bullet® has done extensive scientific comparison testing against these ingredients at accredited independent laboratories following the standards of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). These standards are accepted and used in research and development throughout the world. There is complete documentation, including before and after pictures, eliminating the confusion and guess work for the consumer.

Since we scientifically tested against these main ingredients that are used in virtually all rust/corrosion control products, we have in effect, scientifically tested against all brands, under all names of all rust/corrosion control products on the market, helping you to reach your own conclusion. We've taken on the best, and we have won!

• A unique one step
(two coat) process
• Simple to apply
• Tested scientifically
against leading rust/corrosion control products, with before,
and after photos
• Coats over rusty
and clean metal
• Superior adhesion
• Little or no surface preparation required
• Nearly indestructible
• Strong weather
resistance in all
climates and below sea water
• Topcoat paint
optional
• Easy to apply and
maintain
• Not labor intensive
• VOC compliant
Contains no zinc,
no chromates,
no acids,
no heavy metals

Flicktitty
04-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks NaN, yeah the virus thing went off for me too. idk why but i got thru it.

or try this site for the same thing.

http://www.rustbullet.com/Products/Automotive/Automotive.htm

LIZMO
04-17-2008, 06:01 PM
it worked for me :banana1:

Cryptic
04-17-2008, 11:23 PM
well we just pulled my brother's 72 F100 from my dad's back yard. alot of the truck is rusted to shit except the engine bay that we POR15'd.

Looks like the day we sprayed it. It's too bad we didn't do the whole truck. Poor thing going to hell. Cant speak for RustBullet, never heard of it.

HAMRHEAD
04-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Sounds exactly like por15. What does this stuff cost?

Flicktitty
04-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Rust Bullet Beats POR 15 And Other Market Leaders In
independent Laboratory Testing

thats off there site, but of course you would say that lol

PRICE -
1/4 Pint, Rust Bullet Automotive
Price $9.99

1 Pint - Rust Bullet Automotive, Metallic Gray
Price $26.99

1 Quart - Rust Bullet Automotive, Metallic Gray
Price $39.99

4 Quart Special Automotive
Price $142.99
4 Quart Special Automotive

6 Quart Automotive Combo
Price $209.99
6 Quart Automotive Combo

1 Gallon - Rust Bullet Automotive, Metallic Gray
Price $129.99

5 Gallon Pail - Rust Bullet Automotive
Price $553.99

LIZMO
04-18-2008, 02:56 PM
how many for a 240? :)

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Looks like Por-15 pricing. Probably comes down to personal preference and opinion, as always there is no best. :)