PDA

View Full Version : Dusty but done.

GinoRin
04-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Here's the front suspension and brakes on the GN. I know its dusty but I'm still on crutches so can't clean it yet :loser

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/ginorin/Z06GNdirty.jpg

nismodave
04-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Looks great, Gino!!!

Im looking forward to seeing it this yr.

That_Guy
04-16-2008, 09:36 PM
i love the brakes. i know a few of the cobalt guys are mounting mounting vet brakes on there cars.. they totaly fill out the space inside the rim and look amazing

Yooformula
04-16-2008, 09:50 PM
this year? whoa dave kinda ambitious huh?

nismodave
04-16-2008, 09:54 PM
this year? whoa dave kinda ambitious huh?

I have no idea when his car is supposed to be out. I was juat sayin.....

UnderPSI
04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I would give it another 5 years. He is kinda a perfectionist. I am sure that when it's done it will be really nice though.

WilliamZ
04-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Might be done in time for my grandkids :)

GTSLOW
04-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Wow looks great! Now on with the rest of the car :thumbsup

GinoRin
04-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Just waiting for C&S to finish porting my intake, then have to wire up the harness and in the engine goes. Trans is fresh and I have a new converter here. Its actually coming together....

H8RADE
04-17-2008, 04:53 PM
i know a few of the cobalt guys are mounting mounting vet brakes on there cars

Kinda like a trailer hitch on a bicycle.
Your cavalier rocks.

STANMAN
04-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Kinda like a trailer hitch on a bicycle.
Your cavalier rocks.

Kinda like someone with a Jeep posting on a muscle car site.
Your opinions rock.

STANMAN
04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
GN's are one of the few GM's I would actually be proud to own. This one looks like it is going to be VERY nicely done, can't wait to see it. Will it be a street car, a show car, a 1/4 mile car, what are you thinking of doing with the finished product?

whistlin six
04-17-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't know why you would want to change an already perfect suspension and brake set up...hahaha

So what do you have going there?

Is the knuckle and hub off a Vette too?
What about that upper control arm?

GinoRin
04-17-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm building it for show and go handling, but it should still do OK in the 1/4 too. I'd call it a pro-touring car if I had to categorize it. It's lowered about 2.5-3" from stock, I'm using forged aluminum AFX spindles with a C5 corvette hub, ATS billet steering arms, global west tubular control arms, Eibach springs, bilstein shocks, stock LCAs with del-a-lum bushings. Using C6 Corvette Z06 brakes on all 4 corners with a Hydratech Hydroboost setup. Should be a middle to low 10 second street car on pump gas and alky if I can get it to hook. At 25-27psi on pumpgas and alky, RWHP should be 550ish and torque at the wheels should be over 700 ft lbs. (These are just guesstimates, i could be a little optimistic) I'm also considering a notch to the rear frame to fit a 315 tire on the rear, tucked under the fender lip. The engine will also have some trick pieces on it, too. Definitely the only GN I know of thats setup like this with the brakes and all. Most of em are 1/4 mile rockets that don't corner well, but I'd like to start doing some Road America events. We'll see what happens :D

H8RADE
04-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Your opinions rock.

Touche`
I have had fast cars, and will likely have one again soon.
The Jeep can barely get out of its own way, but that's not what it's for.
:thumbsup

STANMAN
04-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Touche`
I have had fast cars, and will likely have one again soon.
The Jeep can barely get out of its own way, but that's not what it's for.
:thumbsup

And everyone says you have no sense of humor!:rolf I have found out through time that laughing at ones self once in awhile keeps the soul grounded.

STANMAN
04-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm building it for show and go handling, but it should still do OK in the 1/4 too. I'd call it a pro-touring car if I had to categorize it. It's lowered about 2.5-3" from stock, I'm using forged aluminum AFX spindles with a C5 corvette hub, ATS billet steering arms, global west tubular control arms, Eibach springs, bilstein shocks, stock LCAs with del-a-lum bushings. Using C6 Corvette Z06 brakes on all 4 corners with a Hydratech Hydroboost setup. Should be a middle to low 10 second street car on pump gas and alky if I can get it to hook. At 25-27psi on pumpgas and alky, RWHP should be 550ish and torque at the wheels should be over 700 ft lbs. (These are just guesstimates, i could be a little optimistic) I'm also considering a notch to the rear frame to fit a 315 tire on the rear, tucked under the fender lip. The engine will also have some trick pieces on it, too. Definitely the only GN I know of thats setup like this with the brakes and all. Most of em are 1/4 mile rockets that don't corner well, but I'd like to start doing some Road America events. We'll see what happens :D

Sounds VERY nice. Should do very well at car shows, as even us non GM people like seeing GN's! I know whenever I vote at car shows if there's a GN in attendance it gets one of my votes.

michelle
04-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Your opinions rock.

I think the muscle car owners on this site are turning into the minority, since membership is open allowing even Taurus and Cobalt owners in. (: