PDA

View Full Version : Tractor hook-ups?

JC70SS
04-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Can anyone get me a deal on a riding mower? Looking at a Simplicity or Toro 46" minimum. Of course a Briggs engine right Tommy?

pOrk
04-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Junk, I can get you a Scag mower at a much better price then anyone locally can :-)

BAD LS1
04-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Well unless you commercially cut lawns, forget scag haha

Joe we have to buy stuff through dealer's our selves as employees...

You would be looking at a Simplicity, Regent, broadmoor, or prestige that would come with a 44" or a 50" Looking about a 3-5K price range.

Simp makes consumer ZTR mowers which is what i have and they come in the same deck sizes at the same price as the riders.

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2008, 12:27 PM
are you looking for a tractor or a zero turn?

Jsho13
04-16-2008, 12:41 PM
pm sent

Mr. Brett
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Not sure where you're located, but if you're near the south side, go to Esch Power Equipment and ask for Phil. Tell him Andy sent you. They carry John Deere, Simplicity, Gravely, and a few others.

JC70SS
04-16-2008, 01:37 PM
just a regular rider would be great.

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2008, 01:41 PM
well i could hook you up on a toro rider, but honestly a simplicity or a deere would be better quality. unless you get a ZTR then i wouldnt get a toro rider.

BAD LS1
04-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Toro kinda sucks for riders... Their Z master's are awesome... consumer product not so much... The decks suck for mounting and contour following, plus they are harder to stripe with.

Personally, after working in simp's and toro's for 8 years... dont even hesitate, get the simp. The JD's are ok, but again their deck's im not impressed with... plus most of them have kohler or kawi's Only the lower cost units like the home dept ones have the briggs engines typically. Even though the briggs 44 C.I. intek twin is just as good as the others, the vanguard 40 C.I. motors are just flat out awesome.

Neal Steffek
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
You want one cheep that may need a little TLC? PM me.

Karps TA
04-16-2008, 02:07 PM
If you're going to buy a good rider, I'd recommend buying from a dealer as well. The slight difference in cost will be made up easily in the better customer service.

Simplicity decks are nice with the rollers on the back. Makes the yard look like a baseball diamond. My dad's had his Conquest now for about 4 years with virtually no problems.

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Toro kinda sucks for riders... Their Z master's are awesome... consumer product not so much... The decks suck for mounting and contour following, plus they are harder to stripe with.

Personally, after working in simp's and toro's for 8 years... dont even hesitate, get the simp. The JD's are ok, but again their deck's im not impressed with... plus most of them have kohler or kawi's Only the lower cost units like the home dept ones have the briggs engines typically. Even though the briggs 44 C.I. intek twin is just as good as the others, the vanguard 40 C.I. motors are just flat out awesome.

you're right, they havent had a good tractor since the wheel horse, the only thing nice about the New MTD Toros is the cast iron front end.

BAD LS1
04-16-2008, 02:17 PM
If you're going to buy a good rider, I'd recommend buying from a dealer as well. The slight difference in cost will be made up easily in the better customer service.

Simplicity decks are nice with the rollers on the back. Makes the yard look like a baseball diamond. My dad's had his Conquest now for about 4 years with virtually no problems.

Great point! buying froma dealer basically eliminated any issue when it comes time for service work. You call them up, they will come pick it up and repair and return it... The tractors even get fully setup before it comes to your house, litterally jump on it and start mowing... not cutting it out ofa crate shit and setting it up...

Im all for supporting any of our local briggs/ simp dealers just because i know first hand how much those guys will do for a customer, esp now days with the big box stores gobling up market share.

Karps TA
04-16-2008, 02:29 PM
My dad's dealer comes out every March and picks up the rider and takes care of all the maintenance. Not for free, of course, but still nice to not have to worry about it. The Conquest doesn't exactly fit in the back of the F150. lol

Now if you're talking walk behinds, I'd definetly buy a Toro with the Personal Pace system. That's the best walk behind IMO.

BAD LS1
04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
My dad's dealer comes out every March and picks up the rider and takes care of all the maintenance. Not for free, of course, but still nice to not have to worry about it. The Conquest doesn't exactly fit in the back of the F150. lol

Now if you're talking walk behinds, I'd definetly buy a Toro with the Personal Pace system. That's the best walk behind IMO.

Toro cast deck PP units are the best yes, the steel deck versions... meh.

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Toro cast deck PP units are the best yes, the steel deck versions... meh.

QFTW. The new Lawn Boys with the cast deck are also pretty nice

Mr. Brett
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
The Toro cast decks are better than the cheapos, but I'll take a Honda with the alloy deck or a good old fashioned Snapper over the Toro any day...

BAD LS1
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
The Toro cast decks are better than the cheapos, but I'll take a Honda with the alloy deck or a good old fashioned Snapper over the Toro any day...

Yet another briggs product haha

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2008, 03:33 PM

I have a 1972 snapper rider with your name on it, $100 its yours :thumbsup

Smokey1226
04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Grass Hopper FTMFW....when i worked for a great friends landscaping company, thats all he used. And they were amazing. Off Road Diesel!!

y2kws6
04-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Currently we have a Yazoo 60" deck but I may be selling it to get a Good/Great lawnmower. I am looking for something that I can put a snow blower attachment and have a hitch on it, but still have like a 55" deck.

The Yazoo is great with a 20 horse motor, but I looking to accessorize.

So I am in the same boat, sorry to invade your post.

Dan

P.S. for winter would any of those also have one of those plastic canopies?