PDA

View Full Version : I'm in no way a prude but...

Karps TA
04-15-2008, 05:45 PM
But today we went to Mayfair mall for lunch as usual. And they usually have these big ads hanging in the food court for whatever new DVD is out. Now they are showing ads for that movie Juno, which look alot like this

http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/the-juno-movie-poster_292x410.jpg

Is showing big ads touting how great a movie is about a pregnant teenager really the best thing to be advertising at the mall. A place where lots of teenagers hang out. Doesn't that seem to be sending not the best message?

Maybe it's just me....

moels
04-15-2008, 05:51 PM
It's not just you. Society today is soooo f'd up, it will never be fixed.

lordairgtar
04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Can't say because I have not seen the movie. Don't know how they are portraying the girl in regards to what kind of life she's having or lessons that are taught. But you are correct, that advert seems a bit to much.

Crawlin
04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

it's what rules the world. those that have it want to put that there, those that don't have it will allow it

Brian98GTP
04-15-2008, 06:50 PM
It's just you. :)

I bet you wouldnt have a problem if Freddy Krueger, Jason, or Michael Meyers (not Austin Powers ;)) were on a poster in the mall.... right?

Even though it may SEEM like it's a bad idea, what if it were flipped around.
What if the poster was about Ned Flanders type bible thumpers. Do you think teens would see the poster and then start going to church and helping old ladies across the street? I doubt it... LOL

I guess what I'm trying to say, is.... I'm not sure how much impact something like this would actually have on someone. If the person is fvcked in the head, they're fvcked in the head. I'd be willing to bet it was due to bad parenting though, which is where 90% of it all starts... not from a poster, or billboard, or song they heard.

Just my opinion....

wikked
04-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Ellen Page <33333333333333333333

nismodave
04-15-2008, 08:07 PM

I bet you wouldnt have a problem if Freddy Krueger, Jason, or Michael Meyers (not Austin Powers ;)) were on a poster in the mall.... right?

What if the poster was about Ned Flanders type bible thumpers. Do you think teens would see the poster and then start going to church and helping old ladies across the street? I doubt it... LOL

I guess what I'm trying to say, is.... I'm not sure how much impact something like this would actually have on someone. If the person is fvcked in the head, they're fvcked in the head. I'd be willing to bet it was due to bad parenting though, which is where 90% of it all starts... not from a poster, or billboard, or song they heard.

Just my opinion....

You are comparing teen pregnancy to preaching the bible????:rolleyes:

MoCkiN U
04-15-2008, 08:20 PM
not a prude. had a issue with that poster from first time seeing it. Just like the girl at my store last night 19 years old with 3yr old daughther and she was dancing around her daughter like she was a pole grinding on a 3yr old.

Clearly no leadership in her life. Easily motivated by media, music, movies and now teaching her own to be the same way.

EXCELLENT!! Just hope my daughter doesnt go to school with hers in a few years

Karps TA
04-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I don't really see the comparison. And does it really hurt my kids life if he get's high on Jesus? lol However, making teen pregnancy look cool and in, will really mess up a kids life.

And I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's not a whole lot of good parenting going on today. I can't get the 16 year old behind the counter at McD's to understand I don't want onions on my cheeseburger, I seriously doubt he truly comprehends the importance of pulling out.

Normally the mall has ad's for Disney movies, or Alvin and the Chipmunks. Something very G Rated. For them to have gigantic banners hanging off the ceiling for this kind of movie, just seems in poor taste. And I know alot about poor taste.

michelle
04-15-2008, 08:23 PM
They see little Spears pregnant and they'll want to be pregnant too. I hope Hannah Montana isn't next! Her stuff is everywhere, it's disgusting.

Flicktitty
04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
you should see the movie. it's pretty damn good. i think it sheds the light on teen pregnancy would suck.

That_Guy
04-15-2008, 08:57 PM
They see little Spears pregnant and they'll want to be pregnant too. I hope Hannah Montana isn't next! Her stuff is everywhere, it's disgusting.

im sorry but i feel like a pedo bear when i see pictures of them..

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2008, 09:03 PM
But today we went to Mayfair mall for lunch as usual. And they usually have these big ads hanging in the food court for whatever new DVD is out. Now they are showing ads for that movie Juno, which look alot like this

http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/the-juno-movie-poster_292x410.jpg

Is showing big ads touting how great a movie is about a pregnant teenager really the best thing to be advertising at the mall. A place where lots of teenagers hang out. Doesn't that seem to be sending not the best message?

Maybe it's just me....

no its not just you. your right

Goat Roper
04-15-2008, 09:06 PM
im sorry but i feel like a pedo bear when i see pictures of them..

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa205/Wakashan/pedobear4dz.jpg

I look at it this way, if seeing a poster for a movie in a mall makes a girl want to go out and get pregnant then there are far deeper issues going on there.

CATNHAT
04-15-2008, 09:06 PM

Just my opinion....

The easy answer, "Blame it on the parents".
How many kids do you have to speak with such a frame of reference?

Parenting can not control the outcome of every childs actions! I do feel parenting is a MAJOR contributing factor, however, in the teen years, FRIENDS and social circles have a bigger influence due to identitiy discovery.

In the grand scheme of things, I am more concerned about violence potrayed in movies, tv, video games, local news, than I am about sex and teenage pregnancy.

Teenage violence=DEATH
Teenage sex=Gods greatest gift--LIFE!(although I would prefer marriage first but............)

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2008, 09:08 PM
excellent point. parenting and or the lack there of is the biggest issue

Brian98GTP
04-15-2008, 10:08 PM
You are comparing teen pregnancy to preaching the bible????:rolleyes:

Something bad, versus something good. What's so bad about that?

It isnt like I said they were equals. It was the first 'good thing' that came to mind.

Goat Roper
I look at it this way, if seeing a poster for a movie in a mall makes a girl want to go out and get pregnant then there are far deeper issues going on there.

That's all I was really trying to say.....

catnhat fan

The easy answer, "Blame it on the parents".
How many kids do you have to speak with such a frame of reference?

Parenting can not control the outcome of every childs actions! I do feel parenting is a MAJOR contributing factor, however, in the teen years, FRIENDS and social circles have a bigger influence due to identitiy discovery.

In the grand scheme of things, I am more concerned about violence potrayed in movies, tv, video games, local news, than I am about sex and teenage pregnancy.

Teenage violence=DEATH
Teenage sex=Gods greatest gift--LIFE!(although I would prefer marriage first but............)

I would think the 'easy answer' would be to blame it on a movie poster, or some song lyrics or something. ;)
I never said that every childs/teenagers actions could be controlled. I'm just saying that if a teen gets the idea that being pregnant is 'in' or 'cool', there's something wrong to begin with! :rolf :alcoholic

BTW.... my first child is on the way, and its going to be a GIRL! AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :wooo

Yooformula
04-15-2008, 10:50 PM
I agree with you Karp.

its not that seeing the poster is going to make her want to get pregnant BUT in this day and age you never know! That poster IS going to make her feel a bit better and more comfortable about it since its plastered everywhere...silent approval at its worst.

88Nightmare
04-15-2008, 11:49 PM
blame canada! for everything's gone wrong since canada came along....

http://www.grokdotcom.com/wp-content/uploads/Robert/blame_canada_1.jpg

Mr Twigbert
04-16-2008, 01:31 AM
At least we know she f**ks

CATNHAT
04-16-2008, 06:33 AM
BTW.... my first child is on the way, and its going to be a GIRL! AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :wooo[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your first!

I have 2 girls, 2 boys, 6,6,4,2.

Right now my guns are a little dirty but someday, someday they will be the cleanest guns in town. I expect they will be cleaned every friday and saturday night.

The kitchen table looks like a good spot to clean my guns.

T-Bag
04-16-2008, 06:47 AM
blame canada! for everything's gone wrong since canada came along....

http://www.grokdotcom.com/wp-content/uploads/Robert/blame_canada_1.jpg

You can't blame Canada anymore, remember they went on strike in an episode a few weeks back? :rolf

Juno is supposed to be a real good movie, and I plan on seeing it as soon as it is released. Could it ease the mind of some dumb shi*t teenager who has no common sense? Yes. Will it? Most likely not, as that would be a PARENTING problem or just a problem with the kid in general.

You may not think it, but there are a lot of teens who have common sense for every one that gets knocked up.

Quit being prude and watch the movie....j/k, but watch the movie! :rolf

Moparjim
04-16-2008, 07:51 AM
It was a great movie, and it far from glamorizes teen pregnancy, it is in fact the exact opposite. Its basically about a couple of awkward quirky teens that end up doing it and she does indeed get knocked up after the one time and it obviously greatly alters her life. Its actually a very good movie AGAINST teen pregnancy.

lit666
04-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Ellen Page is so hawt. I'd hit it.

wikked
04-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Ellen Page is so hawt. I'd hit it.

Hey that's my wife yer talking about :P

oh wait, she's a lez :(:crying

Deggy
04-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Her dad tells her that he is gonna punch the kid that got her knocked up in the wiener.

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Blame all the clueless parents. thoes of you with kids really have no idea what its like out there these days. But you have to look at it this way, teen pregnancy has been on the rise for years, and now its pretty much socially accepted. So if they make a movie about it and throw in some comedy, then its will also be socially accepted especially by us younger kids since its something that unfortuanitly they can relate to.

Syclone0044
04-16-2008, 12:30 PM

Just my opinion....

Well put, Brian.

A few months ago, I saw the movie also; it was good. If you want to be a prude, be FAR more concerned with all the slutty "role models" for young girls. There was nothing slutty in this movie that I remember.

Teenage pregnancy at risk of becoming the "in" thing? Give me a f'n break... Who the hell wants that kind of unnecessary responsibility?

How about "faith based" and government mandated abstinence-only education? Now there's a REAL contributor towards teenage pregnancy. :flipoff2: (How many high school graduates do you know that are still virgins?)

CATNHAT
04-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Blame all the clueless parents. thoes of you with kids really have no idea what its like out there these days. But you have to look at it this way, teen pregnancy has been on the rise for years, and now its pretty much socially accepted. So if they make a movie about it and throw in some comedy, then its will also be socially accepted especially by us younger kids since its something that unfortuanitly they can relate to.

Again with the blame the parents BS. Obviously you are to young to realize what responsibility REALLY is so you blame someone else for your stupidity. Believe me, I did some pretty stupid things, saw stupid things and still see stupid things.

Most kids think they are a lot smarter than they actually are. You fools think you are ahead of the adults, to your dismay, you are not.

It takes a pretty good fool to fool a fooler.

Want a dirty sanchez with your fries, or maybe a blumbkin?

Socially accepted my ass! Social tolerance maybe?????

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Again with the blame the parents BS. Obviously you are to young to realize what responsibility REALLY is so you blame someone else for your stupidity. Believe me, I did some pretty stupid things, saw stupid things and still see stupid things.

Most kids think they are a lot smarter than they actually are. You fools think you are ahead of the adults, to your dismay, you are not.

It takes a pretty good fool to fool a fooler.

Want a dirty sanchez with your fries, or maybe a blumbkin?

Socially accepted my ass! Social tolerance maybe?????

Kids do know rite from wrong, but choose the wonr most the time, but the fact of the matter is its up to the parents to administer a good ass beating once and awhile or take the damn cell phone away or maybe even the car that your kid uses to get all liqoured up and drive their friends around town. Fact of the matter is 99% of parents are completely clueless as to whats really going on and if they do know they are in denial. If they had half an idea then they could maybe step up and implement some dicipline. but that will never happen since everyones kids are angels