PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help tuning my EGR out

Z28Roxy
04-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Last year I struggled a few times with an exhaust leak figuring it was my header gasket.... replaced it a couple of times, loosen/tighten/retighten bolts etc.

Well I found all along it was my EGR feed that was crimped. I gutted the whole system before last winter, but now I have a service engine light on and fans going. Looking for help from someone who can tune it out...

BAD LS1
04-14-2008, 09:53 AM
i think its either me or ron that have the capabilties, but i know how you feel about that situation lol

Z28Roxy
04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
i think its either me or ron that have the capabilties, but i know how you feel about that situation lol

Gee you think?

BAD LS1
04-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Then your probably not gonna find anyone on here who can help...

Z28Roxy
04-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for informing me then I guess.

Was just throwing out a line to see if anyone was able to help. Otherwise I'll just get the car dyno tuned and have them tune it out at the same time or send it back to my mail order guy for $50.

lit666
04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Can't you just be friends/lovers/Will and Grace and let one of them tune it. I have no idea whats going on but it looks like a good thread.

Want_Notch
04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
What about Forrest?

forest
04-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't do anuthing older than 96. But i have a really good guy that comes and tunes older stuff on my dyno from time to time. I would recomend him to do the tuning and you can rent the dyno. There is a LOT of power to be had tuning on the dyno vs mail order. Forest, 1-414-322-0280, 1-262-692-9035

lit666
04-14-2008, 04:43 PM
ohh damn, Forest just said your shit's old.

forest
04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
ok, so I just scored access to the software for your pcm, if you want me to tune it up, give me a call. Thanks, Forest 1-414-322=0280, 1-262-692-9035

Breecher_7
04-14-2008, 06:02 PM
ok, so I just scored access to the software for your pcm, if you want me to tune it up, give me a call. Thanks, Forest 1-414-322=0280, 1-262-692-9035

Anything for a buck huh?

Poncho
04-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Roxy, I have some really strong hard drive magnets, we can toss them across your PCM. That should knock out the EGR, maybe.

forest
04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Anything for a buck huh?

Uh, no, If you could see my PMs I was asked, and here I deliver.....:thumbsup Thats what Im here for, to help out when need be, and yes having a buisness is to make money but as you know, I go out of my way to accomodate people.

Breecher_7
04-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Uh, no, If you could see my PMs I was asked, and here I deliver.....:thumbsup Thats what Im here for, to help out when need be, and yes having a buisness is to make money but as you know, I go out of my way to accomodate people.

Dont get your panties all wadded up. Its just funny to see you go from "no i dont do that" to "I got the stuff now".

I just found it amusing... :rolf

forest
04-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I know, I made a call and found I could get the stuff to do it with. Figured, why not, its a lot simpler PCM than an E38 or the like.. hell, I'll do it haha.

juicedimpss
04-15-2008, 04:02 PM

I'm wondering what I did...

BAD LS1
04-15-2008, 04:22 PM

Who cares... "projects that are not my own, need help from others" right?

GRNDNL
04-15-2008, 05:24 PM
I can take care of the lamp for you........Just bought a new roll of black tape.......;)

Z28Roxy
04-15-2008, 06:01 PM

"Need" help? That's a good one.

I can manage it myself little man. Was just asking for a more convenient solution.

Z28Roxy
04-15-2008, 06:05 PM

Are you playing dumb?

STANMAN
04-15-2008, 07:03 PM
I say you and Tom should bury the hatchet and you should let him work on your car. I am sure he would be happy to put you on a payment plan if you don't have the cash up front. He has been featured in magazines, and in case you haven't heard, he has built an 800HP turbo Camaro all by himself. He also has helped numerous people on the board with their own projects. Ask around, he knows his stuff and is very unassuming when it comes to his vast knowledge. I just pray for the day that he tunes Mustangs, but alas, he only does GM products:crying

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2008, 07:06 PM
wow, does Marv know that?

Breecher_7
04-15-2008, 08:05 PM
I say you and Tom should bury the hatchet and you should let him work on your car. I am sure he would be happy to put you on a payment plan if you don't have the cash up front. He has been featured in magazines, and in case you haven't heard, he has built an 800HP turbo Camaro all by himself. He also has helped numerous people on the board with their own projects. Ask around, he knows his stuff and is very unassuming when it comes to his vast knowledge. I just pray for the day that he tunes Mustangs, but alas, he only does GM products:crying

Nutswinger..... :rolf

juicedimpss
04-16-2008, 10:15 AM

that is completely true,and I have no interest in doing charity work.

seemes to me she is looking to have a new tune done for less than the 50 it will cost to send her pcm back to the mail order place it was originally done at....

jbiscuit
04-16-2008, 10:54 AM
$50 tunes? Man I should buy an F-Body! These suckas are cheap to play around with! :rolf

forest
04-16-2008, 11:10 AM

seemes to me she is looking to have a new tune done for less than the 50 it will cost to send her pcm back to the mail order place it was originally done at....

I second that motion.... a fair price for good work....

Z28Roxy
04-16-2008, 12:42 PM

Good job putting words in my mouth. :rolleyes: If you actually read my post, you would see that I didn't say I was looking for someone to help me for less than $50. I said that the mail order tune update was an option available to me, but it wasn't my first choice (partially because of downtime, and also because I might also want the rest of my tune adjusted as well).

I did not say anything about how much I wanted to pay to tune out the SES light, or a dyno tune. I'm more than willing to a pay a fair price for it... as long as whoever does the tune isn't slamming beers while doing it or something.

$50 tunes? Man I should buy an F-Body! These suckas are cheap to play around with! :rolf

It's already been tuned via mail order. I'm just looking to have one code programmed out. If I was looking for any more sophisticated tuning, I'd do an actual dyno tune.

I second that motion.... a fair price for good work....

I may take my car to you for the tune, but I might be doing some other work to it this year which would require me to tune it again, so I might hold off until later.

forest
04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Good job putting words in my mouth. :rolleyes: If you actually read my post, you would see that I didn't say I was looking for someone to help me for less than $50. I said that the mail order tune update was an option available to me, but it wasn't my first choice (partially because of downtime, and also because I might also want the rest of my tune adjusted as well).

I did not say anything about how much I wanted to pay to tune out the SES light, or a dyno tune. I'm more than willing to a pay a fair price for it... as long as whoever does the tune isn't slamming beers while doing it or something.

It's already been tuned via mail order. I'm just looking to have one code programmed out. If I was looking for any more sophisticated tuning, I'd do an actual dyno tune.

I may take my car to you for the tune, but I might be doing some other work to it this year which would require me to tune it again, so I might hold off until later.

ok, at least I don't drink haha :thumbsup

juicedimpss
04-17-2008, 09:05 AM

i do when im not on the clock.
:thumbsup

STANMAN
04-17-2008, 02:51 PM
i do when im not on the clock.
:thumbsup

You=clocks off

Hence you drink whenever you want.:rolf

juicedimpss
04-17-2008, 02:54 PM
You=clocks off

Hence you drink whenever you want.:rolf

nice one.

Breecher_7
04-17-2008, 06:43 PM

Boring............ :rolf

forest
04-17-2008, 07:10 PM

career/job requirements, and no time to drink anyways:D

Breecher_7
04-18-2008, 06:14 PM
career/job requirements, and no time to drink anyways:D

Your shop needs a beer vending machine....... :thumbsup

forest
04-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Your shop needs a beer vending machine....... :thumbsup

I could probly arrange that haha. Its great working for yourself, you can do almost anything........haha

Z28Roxy
04-18-2008, 10:50 PM

I've found drinking boring. :confused

forest
04-19-2008, 11:13 AM
I've found drinking boring. :confused

BTW I also went and bought the chip burning software for your car and all OBD1 stuff including a few hondas...:shades Pm me for more info if you would like a tune or somthing that way.