PDA

View Full Version : Cheese Wheel 450

Waver
04-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Last august Xtremeteam and I participated in the Cheese Wheel 450, a Gumball style rally for those of us who cant afford the high price to enter the actual Gumball. You start at one side of the state (last year it was Racine Harbor, this year it is sheboygan) and travel 450 miles to Ashland with a stop in Madison and Wausau. All proceeds go to charitys like Childrens Hospital and ALS (which for those who know me well knows how important that is to me as my oldest sister has ALS, aka lou gehrigs deasease). It is a total blast and there are some nice cars on the rally. There is also a kick off/track day at RA the day before, an awards dinner/raffle the night after, free drinks, and a senic cruise the day after. I have talked to some of you about this and would like to see a "BCM Team" participate in this. For those who want to join at the different stops along the road course (Madison, Wausau, Ashland) You can. Entry fee is $75 to participate if you register before the end of june i beleive, $100 if you register after. This is a little more than it was last year because of the RA add on. The event is Aug 1-3. I will be posting pics from last years event as well as answer any questions about this. The website to get the registration form is WWW.CHEESEWHEEL450.COM and you can see a vid of it on you tube by typing Cheese Wheel 450 into the search browser.

Waver
04-14-2008, 09:22 AM
I will be posting pics later tonight....of such cars in the rally as a 03 Roush Stage 1, a Mitsu Evo, a Turbo Miata (done up for road racing), a Really nice DSM, a 350 z, Bmw Z3, ect.

xxtremeteam
04-14-2008, 11:41 AM
a really nice dsm? didnt hey blow up just west of miller park and had to come back with a different car? this was a great time last year- Neuwave maybe you can meet a bridesmaid again?

That_Guy
04-14-2008, 11:51 AM
im down ive always wanted to do this

xxtremeteam
04-14-2008, 11:56 AM
theres like 4 cruises this year i plan to attend the oct one and maybe may 3rd the august one i can not make

the video from last year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLgN-acYduk

Flicktitty
04-14-2008, 11:57 AM
damn, this sounds like it could be fun!

PonyKiller87
04-14-2008, 12:59 PM
So is this a cruise or a race? Because when you compare it to Gumball Im thinking race. But from the site it looks more like its just a cruise.

xxtremeteam
04-14-2008, 01:48 PM
not a race!! says that all over there site

moels
04-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I was planning on going and doing 130mph the whole way. Now you tell me it's not a race?? Skip it! lol

Actually sounds pretty cool, but I am hoping not to have my car by then.

Waver
04-16-2008, 09:35 AM
I was planning on going and doing 130mph the whole way. Now you tell me it's not a race?? Skip it! lol

Actually sounds pretty cool, but I am hoping not to have my car by then.
bring the contour or what ever else you have got, last year there was a gmc jimmy and a ford ranger on it....it is a cruise in the loosest sence, since there is no winner of it, however when you do the last leg (the longest) faster than the first leg (the shortest) you get the idea.