PDA

View Full Version : softball bats?

70challenger
04-13-2008, 11:38 PM
so softball is coming up pretty soon and i as well as some of my teammates are looking for new bats. this season we are playing at coachhouse on tuesday nights and they go by the standard asa wiconsin softball standards. it seems that every cool bat i find is illegal, so im wondering what some of guys reccomend. granted our team will still suck but just want to try i guess. any help will be great! thanx!

spindler27
04-14-2008, 12:39 AM
my miken NRG was asa legal and has incredible pop, theres a maxload version that is banned, i have the toned down version and it was used all spring and fall in my leagues by many teammates and its still got the same "pop" as it had in the beginning, if its not banned, you will not be dissappointed

Silver350
04-14-2008, 07:01 AM
There are so many bats that are legal now it is great :banana1: Basically look for the asa aprove stamp.

http://www.asasoftball.com/images/certified_2004_mark.gif

The bats you must stay away from is Utrip or 120mph bats. In ASA you can only use 98mph bats.

a couple bats that I have right now and like is Worth mayhem m7598 this bat is sick I like it a lot. Also Mizuno wrath extended. I have three other bats but probably only use them when it is cold.

If your team isnt good and has a bunch of guys that are not good hitters I heard the Denmarini Juggernaught is a good bat. I notice though if you have a decent amout of power and speed to your swing you mainly hit piss rockets. That is mainly what I do with them, I have seen crappy hitters hit the snot out of the ball.

Other good bats that were not mention

Miken Recoil 98mph(Red)(orange is Utrip do not buy that one)
Easton Brett Helmer (red)(Yellow is Utrip do not buy that one)
Easton Synergy 98mph
Mizuno Rage - Old bat getting harder to find normally have to find it on E-bay or get it used.
Worth Mutant 98mph
Mizuno Frenzy 98mph (hasnt been released yet but heard good things about it and is another bat I want to add to my collection)
Combat Virus and Anti Virus 98mph

The list goes on an on. If you want to buy used bats you can go to Softball Fans. www.softballfans.com.

If you have questions feel free to ask me and if you need a sub on your team let me know I can fill in sometime if I do not have a game or if it is at a different time. I am playing at Saratoga on Tuesday so It is on my way home or on the way to my game.

Silver350
04-14-2008, 07:06 AM
my miken NRG was asa legal and has incredible pop, theres a maxload version that is banned, i have the toned down version and it was used all spring and fall in my leagues by many teammates and its still got the same "pop" as it had in the beginning, if its not banned, you will not be dissappointed

Just to add to the same pop. Miken bats usally do not require a break in period. that is why they have a same pop as when it was new. Some bats are not that way they need some batting practice with them to get them to wake up so if you buy a new bat do not be disappointed if you think it sucks probably just needs some more cuts on it.

wikked
04-14-2008, 08:44 AM
good god I'm antsy to hit the field :stare

Weren't we already practicing by this time last year? :/

Silver350
04-14-2008, 09:42 AM
good god I'm antsy to hit the field :stare

Weren't we already practicing by this time last year? :/

I know I was so far I only had outdoor practice twice. In years past I would be out every weekend since the second week in march. I have a game on the 24th already. I might try to hit on Wednesday when it is 72.

Korndogg
04-14-2008, 03:41 PM
24th? I have a game on wed already lol

DirtyMax
04-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I have to wait for the one of the parks to put their list up. They have no rhyme or reason. Last year, there was bats allowed there that you couldn't use anywhere else (not the Ultra II unfortunately) but there was some bats not allowed that weren't on any other lists...

I'm calling this my retirement tour for 4 yrs. (til I can play 35+, LOL :goof). My body is too beat up to keep up with these kids.

wikked
04-14-2008, 04:01 PM
24th? I have a game on wed already lol

wtf, i'm still lookin for a team... slim pickins this year :/

Korndogg
04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
PM me

Silver350
04-14-2008, 04:59 PM
KD Yeah a lot of people are starting this week. I have a scrimmage on the 21 but that dont count.

4eyed what park are you waiting on?

HP ADDICT
04-14-2008, 07:05 PM
I was supposed to play today but it was cancelled due to sloppy field. I would recommend the Juggernaut or The evo ax. I have a older Rage if you are interested in it. They are really hard to get.

spindler27
04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
im playing wednesday at bat n brew(players park), and thursdays at coachhouse, anybody playing those nights?

spindler27
04-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Just to add to the same pop. Miken bats usally do not require a break in period. that is why they have a same pop as when it was new. Some bats are not that way they need some batting practice with them to get them to wake up so if you buy a new bat do not be disappointed if you think it sucks probably just needs some more cuts on it.

haha, a couple kids on our team found that out, bought a bat, just felt dead for a little while, they wouldn't listen to me when i told them the bat had to break in

PB86MCSS
04-14-2008, 08:51 PM
I should be playing Thursdays at coachouse, it appears I'll be on the same team as last year but still waiting to hear for sure. Since now my co-ed team runs on the same night as my friends/dudes team, Mondays, it looks like I'll only be playing twice a week this year. Want to do both and the dudes is at Konkol, tough decision.

DirtyMax
04-14-2008, 11:02 PM
4eyed what park are you waiting on?

Pioneer Park in Butler...

70challenger
04-14-2008, 11:34 PM
thanxs for the suggestions guys. i went to burghardts website quick and damn these things are expensive! im gonna see if somebody wants to go halves with me. last year we played at coachhouse on mondays, but it always seemed like a drag after the weekend. so we moved it to tuesday night which seemed alot easier for everyone. oh and my manager reminded me yesterday that our first game is next tuesday. i havent even touched my glove or bat since last fall. maybe ill find a few hours this weekend to go to the cages and maybe toss the ball around a bit.

Silver350
04-15-2008, 06:53 AM
thanxs for the suggestions guys. i went to burghardts website quick and damn these things are expensive! im gonna see if somebody wants to go halves with me. last year we played at coachhouse on mondays, but it always seemed like a drag after the weekend. so we moved it to tuesday night which seemed alot easier for everyone. oh and my manager reminded me yesterday that our first game is next tuesday. i havent even touched my glove or bat since last fall. maybe ill find a few hours this weekend to go to the cages and maybe toss the ball around a bit.

Yep that is what I thought when I started playing now Is a hobby and don't care much on price now.

First off do not buy a bat from burghardts sporting goods. They are over price and they have some non returnable bats in the mixed. Sign up on softball fans. You can buy used bats from other players for cheap some are even still returnable and come with a reciept. You can also buy bats from the softball fans store for less.

4eyed I thought that park was ASA and been that way for a few years now.