PDA

View Full Version : RA: The weekend's only fatality

Goat Roper
04-13-2008, 07:35 PM
At least the only fatality as of 5 tonight.

http://www.sweeneysphoto.com/events/rafbody/evowreck.jpg

This is what happens when you play ping pong with each side of the track.

Karps TA
04-13-2008, 07:43 PM
And that right there is my fear of running mine. I'm guessing insurance doesn't cover that. ouch....

Yooformula
04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
they will if you push it to the side of the road then call the cops and insurance.

Boost21
04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
they will if you push it to the side of the road then call the cops and insurance.

don't forget to peel the stickers off 2 :thumbsup:durr

was it anyone on the boards car?

Goat Roper
04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
don't forget to peel the stickers off 2 :thumbsup:durr

was it anyone on the boards car?

Negative, some Korean (I believe) who knew little english besides the words "wall" and "bang"

Boost21
04-13-2008, 07:59 PM
damn I would of tried to snipe some the projectors and hid components

Flicktitty
04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
that car is ****ED UP, i'll have some more pics in a bit

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Thee driver and his brother have never been on the track and refused to allow an instructor ride with for the 1st session. Hard lesson to learn for ignorance and being cocky.

Reverend Cooper
04-13-2008, 08:15 PM
oye that sucks ass

Karps TA
04-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Negative, some Korean (I believe) who knew little english besides the words "wall" and "bang"

BANZI!!!

Goat Roper
04-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Thee driver and his brother have never been on the track and refused to allow an instructor ride with for the 1st session. Hard lesson to learn for ignorance and being cocky.

The corner worker said that he saw them and they were hauling a good amount of ass through the corner but on a good line and doing well so he turned around, heard a thud and say a spray of car parts confetti as it hit one wall, went across the track and hit the other wall then back across again to the other wall.

Correct me if I am wrong on the multiple walls part though.

Flicktitty
04-13-2008, 08:20 PM
The corner worker said that he saw them and they were hauling a good amount of ass through the corner but on a good line and doing well so he turned around, heard a thud and say a spray of car parts confetti as it hit one wall, went across the track and hit the other wall then back across again to the other wall.

Correct me if I am wrong on the multiple walls part though.

it had to bounce off either wall, exspecially the part of the track he was at.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-13-2008, 08:28 PM
As the car was going through the kink, the rear slid out to the left and hit drivers left, then shot across the track and hit in the front.

GTSLOW
04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Gawd dam that car is fooked. So did anyone hear what he's gonna do/how he's gonna fix it?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Gawd dam that car is fooked. So did anyone hear what he's gonna do/how he's gonna fix it?

Not sure, but was being towed off of the grounds around 6p.m.

Flicktitty
04-13-2008, 08:50 PM
The little i understood from him was uhm Boom crash wall. ouch. didn't say too much, car had quite a bit of money invested in it. Anyone know where he was from?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM
The little i understood from him was uhm Boom crash wall. ouch. didn't say too much, car had quite a bit of money invested in it. Anyone know where he was from?

I believe it had Wisconsin plates on it.

Flicktitty
04-13-2008, 08:54 PM
:goof gee thanks Captain ;) haha, i was just wonderin if thats the Evo i always see up on 45 By Mayfair/Capitol
I believe it had Wisconsin plates on it.

lasttimearound
04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
is that dude with the helmet wearing black and red alpinestars sport bike boots?

PonyKiller87
04-13-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm guessing insurance doesn't cover that. ouch....

Actualy they will, might take some convincing to make it happen though. The bad part is if anyone is willing to insure you after that it will cost about x10 what it did before hand.

michelle
04-13-2008, 09:10 PM
is that dude with the helmet wearing black and red alpinestars sport bike boots?

That guy drove up with them on his motorcycle.

SSmike1
04-13-2008, 09:12 PM
well,
he would have been fine, except he refused to have an instructor, ride with him, his first time out.

MFBA at RA offers 6 driving instructors,
we will gladly teach you how to safely drive the track.'
we have an intercom that fits inside your helmet, and we talk you around the track.
IT IS VERY SAFE!
:)

lasttimearound
04-13-2008, 09:15 PM
That guy drove up with them on his motorcycle.

good, i was hoping that was not the driver... i was going to say, that might effect your throttle control

Reverend Cooper
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
well,
he would have been fine, except he refused to have an instructor, ride with him, his first time out.

we have an intercom that fits inside your helmet, and we talk you around the track.
IT IS VERY SAFE!

i wanna do that this year

That_Guy
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
well,

IT IS VERY SAFE!

i would love to come up and do that as soon as i get my suspension under control

Heat Seeker WS6
04-13-2008, 10:23 PM
well,

IT IS VERY SAFE!

Mike is hitting the nail on the head and IS one to listen to.
There was no excuse for that wreck. The driver was difficult to work with in most all aspects & honestly, its sad & unfortunate, but he had it coming.
He was claiming to be an experienced racer to myself & others, however he's never been on this track before. He also signed up for a group that's not designed for drivers new to RA. I would only validate his car for on-track running unless he downgraded his class back down to Novice. He had ample oppertunity to avoid this result.

Yooformula
04-13-2008, 10:28 PM
aww well sucks to be him. his parents will probably pay for a new one...no loss hopefully a lesson learned on how to drive.

Flicktitty
04-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Mike is hitting the nail on the head and IS one to listen to.
There was no excuse for that wreck. The driver was difficult to work with in most all aspects & honestly, its sad & unfortunate, but he had it coming.
He was claiming to be an experienced racer to myself & others, however he's never been on this track before. He also signed up for a group that's not designed for drivers new to RA. I would only validate his car for on-track running unless he downgraded his class back down to Novice. He had ample oppertunity to avoid this result.

Granted i don't know as much about RA and road racing as you. But i thought from what i saw of his driving through 5 and the Carousel and a few other spots i thought he was spot on and i caught him ahead of alot of cars that laps before him he was behind (including a black C6 Z06) but i geuss Forza could help that lol .

nismodave
04-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Well he may have passed some cars. But this event is not a race from what I understand.

Its about enjoying a top notch track, learning the limit of your car safely, and having a good time.

I dont know how much experience the guy has, but it sounds like he was pushing too hard.

Im glad he is ok.

MurphysLaw88GT
04-13-2008, 11:34 PM
*nelson muntz* haw haw

Syclone0044
04-13-2008, 11:39 PM
It is a risk that every racer takes when he enters the track, and keeps in the back of his mind.

GTSLOW
04-14-2008, 12:48 AM
i would love to come up and do that as soon as i get my suspension under control

And a new platform to put it on :goof

That_Guy
04-14-2008, 12:55 AM
And a new platform to put it on :goof

lol... some day :rolf

my balt is a nice car.. but the factory suspension is god awful.. tons of body role.. i have struts, springs, traction bars, swaybar links, and a rear sway bar that have to be put on the car. .. im just waiting untill i have a weekend to hit it.

Poncho
04-14-2008, 01:08 AM
lol... some day :rolf

my balt is a nice car.. but the factory suspension is god awful.. tons of body role.. i have struts, springs, traction bars, swaybar links, and a rear sway bar that have to be put on the car. .. im just waiting untill i have a weekend to hit it.

or you could have gotten the performance model from the start?

Like this guy I knew that had a v6 Mustang, and all he ever said was "but I have all these suspension mods, more in suspension mods than you have in performance mods" But then riding in it was a terrible experience.

CannotPost
04-14-2008, 08:53 AM

Like this guy I knew that had a v6 Mustang, and all he ever said was "but I have all these suspension mods, more in suspension mods than you have in performance mods" But then riding in it was a terrible experience.

LMFAO!
Good stuff...

GTSLOW
04-14-2008, 09:14 AM

http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/album86/owned.thumb.gif

Poncho
04-14-2008, 09:33 AM
i see Nan knows who i'm talking about. lol

Breecher_7
04-14-2008, 04:16 PM
:rolf

If you cant afford to break it and wreck it, it shouldnt be on the racetrack.

Period.

I dont feel bad for him at all.

Going to the racetrack and "assuming" everything is going to be fine is stupid. Its a F'n RACE track.