PDA

View Full Version : Need VW mechanic or

scottie K
04-12-2008, 03:59 PM
I need to fix my VW passat vr6 so i can drive it or sell it..
any one know someone thats good with VW's

hears the prob.... i have power to everything but when i turn the key to start the car thers no power geting to power wire that connected to the starter solinoid.... would it be ign switch or relay???

if i cant figure this out im selln this thing......

BoosTT
04-12-2008, 04:01 PM
I would look into the security system. autobahn service near good hope is a great vw/audi shop.

scottie K
04-12-2008, 04:24 PM
it ran befor puting it away in winter

Russ Jerome
04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Shoot me the year and I'll pull it up on Alldata tonight, neutral
safety, relay, security interlock. Nothing we cant bypass to get
it running.

Russ Jerome
04-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Ok, without the vehicle in front of me this german wiring diagram is hyrogliphics...anyway:

The ignition switch supplies a ground the the start inhibit relay under your knee area below dash. The relay (looks like a conventional Bosch 5 pin like any other,should be labeled) supplies power to starter relay (mounted on starter like a Chevy). Your manual trans car lacks a lot of wiring an auto would have but there apears to be some type of a clutch safety switch in the wiring diagram somewhere, this would limit signal voltage to the start inhibit relay.

First thing I would is bypass the start inhibit relay.
http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/bosch/relay.htm
Your just connecting #30 and 87 without the relay in place, make sure the car is in neutral :)
If she starts with it bypassed we can diagnose if we are missing a ground or power on the signal side.

scottie K
04-12-2008, 08:03 PM
i will try this tomarrow

LIZMO
04-12-2008, 09:41 PM
my jetta kind of had the same problem, turns out the solinoid was really dirty/rusted and we just cleaned it up and its been working fine since. just my 2cents

scottie K
04-12-2008, 09:44 PM
my jetta kind of had the same problem, turns out the solinoid was really dirty/rusted and we just cleaned it up and its been working fine since. just my 2cents

the solinoid works fine... thers no power to the trigger wire

forest
04-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Heres jeremy's number262-349-5712 no one better around here with vw's, you know that Scottie. Ill let him know you will be calling.