PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Bike guys

Smokey1226
04-12-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm looking to add another bike to my stable. I'm anti 4 stroke but have been constantly beatin down about getting on one for the torque fun factor. My Yz125 is my play toy, i can throw it around real easy and still have a blast on a small track with it.

But it's just not idea for playing around up north on the big trails and stuff. Always revving too high and what not. Plus i just don't feel comfortable staying WOT for a long period of time.

So im thinking maybe a newer 250F or possibly 450f. But more likely the 250f because that should be more than enough extra power for me, and still light enough to play on the trails and stuff.

ideas?

Breecher_7
04-12-2008, 12:21 PM
The last bike I had was a CR500, thing was a beast in the dessert.

70 cutlass 442
04-12-2008, 01:34 PM
yz250f ftw. forget honduh

Smokey1226
04-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I would like to stay Yamaha, as my Yz125 has been a champ and like everything about it. But i will ride just about anything.....:D No pun intended

sloLs1
04-12-2008, 08:50 PM
i raced 250 class and hated it... i raced 125 class and loved it! i dont know why but i like 250 4strokes alot! ive only ridden honda so i cant really speak out other brands... i raced a crf250f in wyoming and loved it! havent been on a yamaha to compare yet!

88Nightmare
04-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I loved my yami YZ125 back in the day. I had it down at bong rec a lot, and even with my fat ass on it, it still ran away from my buddies CR125. Very few mods, all it had was a cleaned up cylinder head (not ported out, just polished), and a FMF silencer. I loved it. I wish I had ridden a 4 stroke to compare, but I know on wide open tracks, 2 stroke FTW! On trail riding, 2 stroke FTL!!!! We took my yami up north by Independence, WI and did some trail riding on a friends grandfathers land, some tight trails, lots of up hill and down hill. In a 3 day weekend, I probably fouled out 5 spark plugs from too much bogging and low rpm's. Maybe I just suck at trail riding a 2 stroke, but I didn't want to slip the shit out of my clutch

SmokinRAM114
04-12-2008, 09:31 PM
kawasaki- oil burning SLOW bikes love rebuilds. Suzuki- much the same as kawi but handle good. Honda- handle awsome nice smooth power but love to eat the transmissions. Yamaha-ok handling friendly power, iv never seen one blow up yet. mine had 105hrs on it before i rebuilt it, adj the valves once. KTM- super fast out of the box a little different feel to get used to and no rear linkage <--will have one of those too.

wat price range u looking for? i may be willing to sell my 06 yz250f again.

Smokey1226
04-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Idk if im looking to buy right now, or just wait it out try a few bikes and see which ones i like. I ended up getting my 125 for a great deal because the guy owning it never had time to ride, messed up his back at a roofing job, and needed the cash due to the medical expenses (plus i knew him pretty well too).

So im kinda looking for that same kind of deal. As i dont race, i just ride for fun. Plus i don't really have a nice track or trail to ride other than Bong....which gets dusty and little kids everywhere. Or up at our land up in northern wisconsin. Which is great and all but seriously its not worth hauling my bike up there to just ride by myself.

SmokinRAM114
04-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Idk if im looking to buy right now, or just wait it out try a few bikes and see which ones i like. I ended up getting my 125 for a great deal because the guy owning it never had time to ride, messed up his back at a roofing job, and needed the cash due to the medical expenses (plus i knew him pretty well too).

So im kinda looking for that same kind of deal. As i dont race, i just ride for fun. Plus i don't really have a nice track or trail to ride other than Bong....which gets dusty and little kids everywhere. Or up at our land up in northern wisconsin. Which is great and all but seriously its not worth hauling my bike up there to just ride by myself.

u can take my 250f for a spin i dont care. i am also sure i can get a ktm demo we can ride for a day if u wana try one of those

Smokey1226
04-13-2008, 03:28 PM
u can take my 250f for a spin i dont care. i am also sure i can get a ktm demo we can ride for a day if u wana try one of those

Hell ya! Ill bring my 125. I seen you have Motorsports Factory in your sig, I Know Mark pretty well as i dated his niece for a few years. Maybe we can twist his arm or something?!?!

u_say_go
04-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Mark is a pretty cool dude. A friend of mine (old boss actually) used to work part time at Motorsports Factory, Mark hooked us up with tickets to the supercross race in Detroit and Red Bud a couple of years ago.

forest
04-13-2008, 03:35 PM
The last bike I had was a CR500, thing was a beast in the dessert.

Amen to that!!!! I come from AZ where I desert raced for 8 years. If you want to stay Yamaha look very hard for a YZ 490 :wooo thatbthing will pucker yer bunghole for sure and with the right gearing will go WELL past 100mph, ported, piped, jeted, ect..... it will make your YZ ANYTHINGNEW B.S. mobile look like just that, a B.S.mobile. :D

Smokey1226
04-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I can only go 3 gears WOT and then have to shut down in my yard so i dont need anything to big!

forest
04-13-2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ved56MRIyHc&feature=related
heres the best I could fing for you kinda gay, but watch the bike in the loamy stuff, lots of go power

forest
04-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I can only go 3 gears WOT and then have to shut down in my hard so i dont need anything to big!

haha nevermind then try 2 gears on the 490 haha

Smokey1226
04-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Do you want me to die? Cuz that is exactly what would happen if i rode one of those bikes!

SmokinRAM114
04-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Hell ya! Ill bring my 125. I seen you have Motorsports Factory in your sig, I Know Mark pretty well as i dated his niece for a few years. Maybe we can twist his arm or something?!?!

LOL iv been riding for mark for 6 years now. and yea im pretty sure i can get a bike to ride for a day. which niece? the one that works at hooters:D i always forget her name and i can just hear her yelling at me right now for it... cuz i always forget..:durr

Smokey1226
04-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Holly...yup thats the one. I spent the last few Christmas/Thanksgivings with them and he was always there. Really nice guy.