PDA

View Full Version : Hand gun purchase

Mudd Runner
04-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Im looking getting a hand gun soon this is what ive been looking at http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=72
just wondering what some of the gun gurus on the site think about this gun and where would any of you recommend purchase and what the average price for one would be.

Breecher_7
04-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Get the .40 or .45 and get the 5" tactical Barrel. I own several XD pistols and love them to death. By far the best polymer handguns on the market.

UnderPSI
04-12-2008, 12:25 PM
My next pistol is going to be 45XD in 5" I have a XD9 and now I need one in every caliber.

Breecher_7
04-12-2008, 12:31 PM
My next pistol is going to be 45XD in 5" I have a XD9 and now I need one in every caliber.

I have the .40 and .45 currently. I sold one of my .40's and the 9mm I had. All are and were 5" tacticals.

I love them.

Rocket Power
04-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Get the .40 or .45 and get the 5" tactical Barrel. I own several XD pistols and love them to death. By far the best polymer handguns on the market.

9mm is cheaper to shoot though

Breecher_7
04-12-2008, 04:36 PM
9mm is cheaper to shoot though

Truth be told I honestly dont care about the price of ammo. I care about stopping power and accuracy. The .40 is the perfect combo of both.

Rocket Power
04-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Just something to consider. If it's cheaper the person may practice more. A good hit with a 9 beats a miss with a .50 ;)

Mudd Runner
04-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I was looking into the 9mm for 2 reasons 1. so My gf can shoot also 2. ammo is cheaper

Reverend Cooper
04-12-2008, 06:21 PM
.45 would be my recc. s&w autococker 5 in. xd is a good gun to

Breecher_7
04-12-2008, 06:49 PM
I carried the XD .40 5" in Iraq as a side arm for 3 years. Never jammed, never misfired, and never had and issue with sand. They are the ONLY polymer gun I would own. I had others in my unit that carried HK's and Glocks and had nothing but issues.

HITMAN
05-16-2008, 03:09 PM
I carried the XD .40 5" in Iraq as a side arm for 3 years. Never jammed, never misfired, and never had and issue with sand. They are the ONLY polymer gun I would own. I had others in my unit that carried HK's and Glocks and had nothing but issues.

Yeah, the HK Mk 23 SOCOM. What a POS...

flyin_blue_egg
05-16-2008, 03:27 PM

i own a .40 with the 5" barrel and love the thing...i bought mine at sportmans warehouse off of 43 and i think i paid like $500 for it

flyin_blue_egg
05-16-2008, 03:29 PM
I was looking into the 9mm for 2 reasons 1. so My gf can shoot also 2. ammo is cheaper

she could shoot a .40...just teach her how the shoot the gun right...it's not like she'd be shooting a cannon

Breecher_7
05-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah, the HK Mk 23 SOCOM. What a POS...

Did I say it was a POS? NO, i said there were issues with it. Dont put words in my mouth and take your "issues" with me to PM if you have a problem.

HITMAN
05-17-2008, 03:03 AM
Did I say it was a POS?

No, but you are implying it.

NO, i said there were issues with it.

What were the issues? And don't give any vague "He said, She said, They said" bullshit. Be specific. Your shilling for S.A. and knocking everybody else's stuff has gotten extremely tedious. You want to be a critic? That's fine, but prepare for your opinions to be challenged, Mr. XDisthebestguninthewholeworld. :rolf

Dont put words in my mouth

Seeing as we are conversing by use of the printed word on an electronic medium, that action would be quite impossible. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/1poke.gif

and take your "issues" with me to PM if you have a problem.

I'll air my goddamn grievances with whomever, whenever and WHEREVER I feel like. I've been a member here a helluva lot longer than you have, so spare me the officious attitude, numb-nuts. :durr

Breecher_7
05-17-2008, 08:20 AM
I'll air my goddamn grievances with whomever, whenever and WHEREVER I feel like. I've been a member here a helluva lot longer than you have, so spare me the officious attitude, numb-nuts. :durr

So because youve been a member here longer then me gives you the right to act like a child?

I voice my oppinion on specific firearms because ive owned just about every one we have discussed or have fired it. You may see me as biased towards springfield armory for the purchase of handguns but the FACT is, they are the BEST bang for your buck and the perform as well if not better then several firearms that cost hundreds of dollars more.

I dont come on here and shoot off my mouth about issues I know nothing about. Firearms and explosives are two things that I know ALOT about and things I have spent a good part if not most of my life around. I know more about firearms and explosives then I do cars, engines, or even what I do to earn that taxed beating I call a paycheck every two weeks.

HITMAN
05-17-2008, 11:28 AM
So because youve been a member here longer then me gives you the right to act like a child?

I voice my oppinion on specific firearms because ive owned just about every one we have discussed or have fired it. You may see me as biased towards springfield armory for the purchase of handguns but the FACT is, they are the BEST bang for your buck and the perform as well if not better then several firearms that cost hundreds of dollars more.

I dont come on here and shoot off my mouth about issues I know nothing about. Firearms and explosives are two things that I know ALOT about and things I have spent a good part if not most of my life around. I know more about firearms and explosives then I do cars, engines, or even what I do to earn that taxed beating I call a paycheck every two weeks.

You still don't get it, do you? It isn't THAT you voice your opinion, but HOW. Try being a little less heavy handed and critical, and jerks like me will leave you alone.:thumbsup

That_Guy
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
when i turn 21 my pop's is turning my xd over into my name... im so freakin jack you have no clue.. then it will actualy be mine.. not mine by proxy lol

Breecher_7
05-17-2008, 07:45 PM
when i turn 21 my pop's is turning my xd over into my name... im so freakin jack you have no clue.. then it will actualy be mine.. not mine by proxy lol

There is no paperwork required for a second hand firearm, atleast not a handgun.

Breecher_7
05-17-2008, 07:46 PM
You still don't get it, do you? It isn't THAT you voice your opinion, but HOW. Try being a little less heavy handed and critical, and jerks like me will leave you alone.:thumbsup

Gotcha and understood. I will take a more tactfull approach in the future... :thumbsup

MurphysLaw88GT
05-17-2008, 07:57 PM
There is no paperwork required for a second hand firearm, atleast not a handgun.

quoted for truth, as long as it is not an NFA weapon, no paperwork

Rocket Power
05-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Yep WI is wierd like that. NO CCW , but you can have full autos and SBR's, private sales don't require paperwork (non-NFA of course)