PDA

View Full Version : Modded Silver Ls1 SS Convt.

mygsx
10-10-2003, 05:40 AM
I saw this car on Hwy 100 tonight. The plates said ID WINN. It was silver with the factory chrome wheels and it had an SLP sticker on the rear, an exhaust, lowered, pillar pod with gauges and on the hood scoop it said 415hp. Does anyone know of this car or whose it is. He was revving at me at the gas station so I went to catch up to him and then he wouldn't race, but he asked me to go off on a side street and run for $100. I was tempted, but I can't really afford to lose $100. If anyone has any info let me know so next time I know what I'm up against. Thanks

BAD LS1
10-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Hmmmm.... Tough guys that want to race for money all the time!!!:goof I love it. Why cant these guys ever free rev at me or go out of there way to track me down?? That would be just a miracle. Besides i cant let another local LS1 going around trying be regining king over the "terrible 3" LOL :goof

Tom B

Crawlin
10-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Awwwww no. AWWWW HELLL NO!!!! Tell him you don't run for small money like that. Tell 'em $1000. People usually toss out money figures to kinda "scare" the challenger. Who wants to lose money if they don't really know if they got them covered. Always up the ante and make HIM worry :)

Chris

Syclone0044
10-13-2003, 01:39 AM
Are you saying to see his $100 and raise it to $1000 in order to call his bluff or to actually raise the bet and win more money in the event you beat him? :confused

My ATM only lets me take out $400 a day so that plus whatever I'm carrying is the most I could pay out.. I dont know how you other guys are doing it unless you carry $1000 cash around with you at all times in case you find yourself setting up a hot street race... :stare

mygsx
10-13-2003, 02:57 AM
Well I found out it wasn't that fast on Friday night, unless he has spray that he wasn't using. I saw him race a red ss with the lt1 and he wasn't beating it that bad so then I tried to run him. We took off from about 35 in 2nd and he pulled a car as we started, but then I started to make boost and started to pull him in and by the time second gear was done a pulled him in to about his mirror and then I shifted to third but missed it 3 times. Well then he proceeded to ask if that is all I have which set me off so I called a couple of guys to come up and race him for the money, but the ss seemed to have left the hwy by the time they showed up. Hopefully I see him up there again this year.

Crawlin
10-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Well, it depends....

If I know I got a guy beat, i'll be serious with it. And I just tossed out $1000 as an example. More often then not, it's smaller money, $300-500.

If I have no clue, then it's just a mere bluff to see what he says. Like I said, ALOT of guys talk serious **** and bring up money to try and "scare" someone out of racing them. Gives them the image that they ARE really fast when they might just be mediocre.

BAD LS1
10-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah i gotta find this guy now !!! i suppose ill have to throw the E/T streets on and go hunting(gotta keep chris's habit going). Is that all you had , i love that one. i hada guy with a 350 in a S-10 that wanted me and we took off froma light and i just kept in it enough to stay a fender ahead so i was getting into it 1/2 throttle and short shifting at 3K to do this and he's liek"were you giving it all it had there?,cuzi thought maybe that was an RS instead of an SS" then i dropped the bomb by saying couldnt you tell i was shifting awful fast?? hes like kinda then i said i was only shifting at 3K then the big Oh.......... it was the slowest v8 swap S-10 i ever seen in all my travels BTW. The Silver LS1 needs to get Own3d!!!

Tom B

Crawlin
10-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Yeah i gotta find this guy now !!! i suppose ill have to throw the E/T streets on and go hunting(gotta keep chris's habit going). Tom B

DAMN STRAIGHT!!! Hell, I need to make a couple bucks, so I'll toss in a couple hundred if he wants to go for that mutch. I got confidence in Tom's driving skills.

I DO remember that car though. He's been up at BK shows every once in a while. I remember laughing at the plate and wishing I had my car out.

Chris

mygsx
10-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Very cool Tom, if you find him and beat him post about it. I'd really like to know this cars true power.

Syclone0044
10-14-2003, 07:02 PM
MYGSX are you a tall guy with dark hair I met in a Wal Mart parking lot on HWY 100 with 2 Grand Nationals? With a 2nd gen Eclipse with WI plates "MY GSX"? If so drop me an email or PM, thanks.