PDA

View Full Version : As promised in previous thread.......

Voodoo Chick
04-10-2008, 11:49 PM
OK, boys and girls, as I mentioned I might do from time to time in a different thread, here is the "deep thought" thread......What do you believe happens to us after we die?

michelle
04-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Are you kidding me?

WickedSix
04-10-2008, 11:57 PM
my body will be eaten by worms..... and I will go on to haunt the people that annoyed me in life ..... i'm lookin at u al gore :rolf

hotshift13
04-11-2008, 12:00 AM
This is going to get weird.

scaleracer
04-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Are you kidding me?

that's what i'm thinking! wtf! :sucks

Al
04-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Death is peaceful, then I ride on moonbeams to Pegasus where I turn into a gamma particle and cause cancer in a blue whale when I return to earth.

Well...
Soul exits body, then you wait for final judgment.

HY35F2T
04-11-2008, 01:24 AM
the grass around me dies from all the beer and cigs ive smoked lol.And i go straight to hell blah blah blah.blah blah blah.:thumbsup

awsomeears
04-11-2008, 01:28 AM
You know whats crazy, is that I just typed 3 different things but I didn't click submit !!!

Because after thinking what I just typed I'm just not 100% sure and I'm some what scared/unsure of what the hell happens.

Flicktitty
04-11-2008, 01:46 AM
:rolf :thumbsup
that's what i'm thinking! wtf! :sucks

Syclone0044
04-11-2008, 02:28 AM
I've never seen any reason to believe that anything happens, besides getting buried 6 feet in the ground in a box.

Voodoo Chick
04-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Same here.......I hope we're wrong, though..........

Syclone0044
04-11-2008, 04:27 AM
The only thing "weird" to me is the idea that we magically float up into the sky, off to some invisible place where I guess, everyone in history who has ever died is also kept.. (even people who died more than 2008 years ago??) Must be a big place.. funny they never detected anything during any space exploration, even though we've sent men to the moon and back, and remote control space ships past a handful of planets. Just where is this magic land? The people proposing it never dare cite specifics.... It's the specifics that blow holes in those theories. Always vague fantasies.

Once you see past Santa Claus & the "North Pole", the Tooth Fairy, etc. you can also see past a few other things with strikingly similar qualities.

WickedSix
04-11-2008, 06:26 AM
The only thing "weird" to me is the idea that we magically float up into the sky, off to some invisible place where I guess, everyone in history who has ever died is also kept.. (even people who died more than 2008 years ago??) Must be a big place.. funny they never detected anything during any space exploration, even though we've sent men to the moon and back, and remote control space ships past a handful of planets. Just where is this magic land? The people proposing it never dare cite specifics.... It's the specifics that blow holes in those theories. Always vague fantasies.

Once you see past Santa Claus & the "North Pole", the Tooth Fairy, etc. you can also see past a few other things with strikingly similar qualities.

Space is a pretty VAST place I....saying we've kinda covered that ground seems somewhat short sighted..... one thing is true of all things in motion.... there has to be a first mover....in this very basic interpretation one could believe

T-Bag
04-11-2008, 06:30 AM
I think keeping religion off the boards would be the best thing...religion arguments are like retard fights...you still look retarded in the end.

Z28Roxy
04-11-2008, 07:21 AM
I'll become Roxanne the White.

97z2801ss
04-11-2008, 07:57 AM
I was thinking... Im gettin a 5 story fun house with a maid

juicedimpss
04-11-2008, 08:27 AM
OK, boys and girls, as I mentioned I might do from time to time in a different thread, here is the "deep thought" thread......What do you believe happens to us after we die?

since you started this thread,what do YOU think happens?

Yooformula
04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
agreed with T-bag religion ALWAYS ends up heated.

I say our bodies rot and thats it.

Josepy
04-11-2008, 09:33 AM
i will be coming back as the real michael knight

wikked
04-11-2008, 10:09 AM
I was thinking... Im gettin a 5 story fun house with a maid

Does she come and dust your balls off when you cough? :P

slickwilly
04-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Lately a lot of people have been telling me that it's "lights out; end of story." That's kind of a depressing thought, if you ask me.

I'm leaning towards reincarnation, out of wishful thinking more than anything. I'd just hate for everything I've learned and experienced to go to waste.

wikked
04-11-2008, 10:19 AM
That's so weird, that everything is just over, gone, done.
No more chances to do anything ever again.

The only thing I can picture it being like, is standing in Chernobyl, with your eyes shut.
Blacked out, deafening silence... the end.

I think about that every time I read about some kid getting shot/killed in the ghetto... like damn, there is probably a TON of shit he never got to experience, he didn't wake up that morning knowing it was the last day he'd ever wake up again.

I think everyone takes for granted the things that they do everyday.
Just try to imagine not ever being able to do anything again.

Think about what you're gonna do this weekend, or this summer, or trips you have planned, or events you're gonna go to... or anything you have planned in the future.
Oh wait, you're dead! Sorry, no second chance, no extra lives, no continuing from the last save point... done.

Bullshit if that isn't scary.

Reincarnation would be great though... :P

CobraSnake
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
That's so weird, that everything is just over, gone, done.
No more chances to do anything ever again.

The only thing I can picture it being like, is standing in Chernobyl, with your eyes shut.
Blacked out, deafening silence... the end.

I think about that every time I read about some kid getting shot/killed in the ghetto... like damn, there is probably a TON of shit he never got to experience, he didn't wake up that morning knowing it was the last day he'd ever wake up again.

I think everyone takes for granted the things that they do everyday.
Just try to imagine not ever being able to do anything again.

Think about what you're gonna do this weekend, or this summer, or trips you have planned, or events you're gonna go to... or anything you have planned in the future.
Oh wait, you're dead! Sorry, no second chance, no extra lives, no continuing from the last save point... done.

Reincarnation would be great though... :P
well unforunately that is life and were all just gonna have to live with it. Because the only way we will know for sure is if someone dies and comes back to tell us the story. Which won't happen.

Mark

Voodoo Chick
04-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Since I started this thread what do I think, someone asks.....Well, that's just it.....I'm not sure. The topic was on my mind because I am coming up on the one-year anniversary of my uncle's death, he lost a horrible battle with cancer last May. I know I hope we don't just die, and fizzle out like candle flames, but my biggest fear is that after we die, there's just......nothing. I would love to think that we retain some sense of who we were in this life, but I just don't know. Despite my often weird and eccentric persona, I am in my deepest self very skeptical. I hope that if there is something after this, it ends up being what we all hoped for, not what we all feared.

scaleracer
04-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Well i don't have to worry! I'm a cat and I have 9 lives! :goof just kidding lol.... :rolf

Z28Roxy
04-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't worry about it too much...... not really anything you can do about it. Though it does kind of make me mad at my parents for having to deal with this, lol.

That said, whether religious in the sense of a deity or perhaps some kind of thing with parallel universes and reliving lives (or reincarnation) would be cool. But only one way to find out...

Z28Roxy
04-11-2008, 02:31 PM

The long term thought doesn't really scare me. Though I am scared of a painful death and/or knowing I'm about to die.

Prince Valiant
04-11-2008, 03:55 PM
It's amazing that for those who portend to speak disparanginly of those who believe in an afterlife, equating it with tooth fairies and santa then thus are able to speak to the definitive lack of an afterlife.

It is rank hypocrisy to make fun of the faith that others may have in an afterlife, when all that individual is left with is faith that no afterlife exist. The inability to find physical evidence isn't, by-itself, proof of no afterlife.

An analogy would be that we didn't know of the existence of atoms in 1400AD, however, this didn't mean that atoms didn't exist then.

Taken to another level, how can you prove that you love someone or that that person loves you?

As far as thoughts to an afterlife or what happens when we die, do we even begin to know how to either prove or disprove? While I believe it's important to approach every question as a skeptic, I also bleive it's a pointless endeavor to do so as a cynic...and sadly, most cynic's don't understand the distinction b/w the two.

I willingly admit being a Christian; as such, this is the understanding that I have of what happens after we die:
- At death, there is nothing that suggest we go directly to heaven. Nothing is said to what happens when we die. We don't know if we are aware, in darkness, in pain, having a good time, or in purgatory; who knows? This is why Christians fear death.
- At some point at an unspecified time, Christ will come back and call his children both living and dead. There is much debate as to whom this will be...some believe only 144,000 will answer, others believe simply the ones God randomly choses, others only those who "accept" Jesus as their savior, and others still those who did "good works". In my faith, it's those who show the works of Jesus through them, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and of whom is chosen (IE stating that it's not an absolute that you need to accept Jesus as your savior per se, you could go to heaven without ever hearing his name...or go to hell professing him as your savior if you're not pure of heart, and only Jesus has that capability to judge what's truly in your heart)
-Then the kingdom of heaven will exist on earth...and little to nothing really says exactly what that kingdom will be like either.

Now, some may say ^that^ is just a bunch of silly nonsense, but the reality is it is no less silly than anyone elses who professes to know otherwise. But, no one has to agree with me, that's for certain.

STANMAN
04-11-2008, 04:51 PM
It's amazing that for those who portend to speak disparanginly of those who believe in an afterlife, equating it with tooth fairies and santa then thus are able to speak to the definitive lack of an afterlife.

It is rank hypocrisy to make fun of the faith that others may have in an afterlife, when all that individual is left with is faith that no afterlife exist. The inability to find physical evidence isn't, by-itself, proof of no afterlife.

An analogy would be that we didn't know of the existence of atoms in 1400AD, however, this didn't mean that atoms didn't exist then.

Taken to another level, how can you prove that you love someone or that that person loves you?

As far as thoughts to an afterlife or what happens when we die, do we even begin to know how to either prove or disprove? While I believe it's important to approach every question as a skeptic, I also bleive it's a pointless endeavor to do so as a cynic...and sadly, most cynic's don't understand the distinction b/w the two.

I willingly admit being a Christian; as such, this is the understanding that I have of what happens after we die:
- At death, there is nothing that suggest we go directly to heaven. Nothing is said to what happens when we die. We don't know if we are aware, in darkness, in pain, having a good time, or in purgatory; who knows? This is why Christians fear death.
- At some point at an unspecified time, Christ will come back and call his children both living and dead. There is much debate as to whom this will be...some believe only 144,000 will answer, others believe simply the ones God randomly choses, others only those who "accept" Jesus as their savior, and others still those who did "good works". In my faith, it's those who show the works of Jesus through them, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and of whom is chosen (IE stating that it's not an absolute that you need to accept Jesus as your savior per se, you could go to heaven without ever hearing his name...or go to hell professing him as your savior if you're not pure of heart, and only Jesus has that capability to judge what's truly in your heart)
-Then the kingdom of heaven will exist on earth...and little to nothing really says exactly what that kingdom will be like either.

Now, some may say ^that^ is just a bunch of silly nonsense, but the reality is it is no less silly than anyone elses who professes to know otherwise. But, no one has to agree with me, that's for certain.

Pretty much just what he said. Christianity isn't a "golden ticket" by any means. Some of the most wicked people I have ever met claim to be "Christians", but I don't think they are going to end up where I end up.

Deggy
04-11-2008, 04:53 PM
When you die, you're dead.

/thread.

lordairgtar
04-11-2008, 05:07 PM
I believe in an afterlife and it pretty much follows the Biblical view. I don't have problems with those that believe otherwise.