PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a day at GLD?

USDM EG
04-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Im looking to go for open runs sometime soon (when the weather clears up). Im not looking to really race to say who is fastest, but I would like to see what I can run with my car....so compare it to what I have seen with similair mods... Anyone up to go?

ThatWhiteCivic
04-10-2008, 03:38 PM
When are you looking to go Dustin. I would like to see if I can break into the 14s with my set-up

BeesTwinEG
04-10-2008, 03:53 PM
hopefully it it clears on sunday i'll do couple MPH runs. if not then prolly next week somtimes

sloLs1
04-10-2008, 04:02 PM
im down for going... let us know when you want to go!

USDM EG
04-10-2008, 06:00 PM
well, guaging by the weather, the next "nice/decent" day will be tuesday, wednesday, or thursday. Being either 56/57 degrees out. Id like to go Wednesday if possible (said to be 56 and partly cloudy).. Ill be going to Import Wars, but i wont be running.

BTW Robertzzzzzzzz....what car do you have now? A blue turbo EG? Their is a blue turbo ls eg by my old house in Waukesha... Maybe its you? Id be shocked if it is...cause I cant see you living in Waukesha haha

Deggy
04-10-2008, 07:04 PM
We should shoot for Thursday next week. I got off work that day. I'd like to go down to the track...even tho my car is slow. I wanna see your car run Dustin.

ThatWhiteCivic
04-10-2008, 07:09 PM
nope it's not me. It's blue and turbo but I'm running a single cam.

sloLs1
04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
We should shoot for Thursday next week. I got off work that day. I'd like to go down to the track...even tho my car is slow. I wanna see your car run Dustin.

any day works for me....

so maybe thursday if more people agree?!?!

Deggy
04-10-2008, 08:24 PM
It's during the week too...so it shouldn't be as busy.

How much is it to race now a days? Been almost 2 years since I ran my POS.

USDM EG
04-11-2008, 09:29 AM
The weather now predicts 60 on wednesday, 64 on thursday... partly cloudy both days. Im down for thursday. But if they weather changes and it supposed to rain thursday, ill be going Wednesday.

A turbo SOHC.... hmmm...turbo lag. I cant wait to see your setup.

Copied from gld.com
QUESTION: "How much does it cost to race at Great Lakes Dragaway??"

Answer: On weeknights, the cost to race is $30.00 per driver. On weekends, the cost is $37.00 per driver. Spectators pay $12.00 to enter the grounds.

So do I...I dont expect anything fast though... (compared to the Jetta)

sloLs1
04-11-2008, 07:54 PM
i'm trying to get my saturn together for next week... my new one i just got(new motor and swappin to a 5 speed) see if i get it down by then! i'm droppin the motor in tomorrow but i still need some parts!

so thursday it is unless it's going to rain, so then we'd go wed. sounds good to me!

Deggy
04-11-2008, 08:16 PM
I can't go Wed but im all good to go on Thursday. Hopefully the rain stays away.

Are we gonna plan to caravan down there, or just meet down there. I got a class til about 12:30 so if you guys are planning on going sooner I'll just meet ya down there.

sloLs1
04-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I can't go Wed but im all good to go on Thursday. Hopefully the rain stays away.

Are we gonna plan to caravan down there, or just meet down there. I got a class til about 12:30 so if you guys are planning on going sooner I'll just meet ya down there.

i dont know... i might hold you back... i dont get out of work till 5, so i would stop at home(its on the way) and then head down. i wouldnt get there untill 6:30pm

Deggy
04-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Well, my guess is Dustin won't wanna wait til 5, maybe I will meet up with him. And then we can figure it out. It's not a big deal to meet eachother down there either. It's not like the place is that big...just look for an 4-door Grand Am pretending to be fast.

sloLs1
04-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Well, my guess is Dustin won't wanna wait til 5, maybe I will meet up with him. And then we can figure it out. It's not a big deal to meet eachother down there either. It's not like the place is that big...just look for an 4-door Grand Am pretending to be fast.

:rolf will do!

and im not sure what i will be in when i go... all depends on what i get down on what.

Deggy
04-11-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm hoping I can get at least my turn done before thursday. Was hoping for exhaust too but I don't see that happening.

USDM EG
04-12-2008, 12:17 AM
well, i dont think the racing starts until 5:30...Im not 100% sure on that though. Either way, I will be at the gates waiting for them to open.

USDM EG
04-12-2008, 11:06 AM
ok, per the GLD.com website, they are open wednesday and thursday from 3pm-8pm. However, now it is supposed to rain thursday, so as of right now, Im going on Wednesday, and ill be their at 3pm on the dot

BeesTwinEG
04-12-2008, 08:30 PM
i might be going down there tomorrow if Weather wants to cooporate :thumbsup

quick question: tomorrow suppose to be Ford fun days.. but can I still run as test n tune or is it for Ford only?

USDM EG
04-13-2008, 07:40 AM
i might be going down there tomorrow if Weather wants to cooporate :thumbsup

quick question: tomorrow suppose to be Ford fun days.. but can I still run as test n tune or is it for Ford only?

i did that on a "Mustang Days" once. Once the Mustangs all left, I ran so many times it was redic. So you should be fine. Its a bit cold though....

USDM EG
04-14-2008, 02:54 PM
looks like tuesday or Wednesday will be the best day to go. Depending on what the weather is like tomorrow, I might just go tomorrow instead. Wed calls for a windy day, I dont want to race into the wind, but i wouldnt mind a tial wind haha

Deggy
04-14-2008, 08:18 PM
If we don't go Thursday, I will be at Import Warz.

1siksrt
04-15-2008, 03:25 AM
TOOO bad i cant go dustin... sorry as you know im breaking in my clutch and have plans this weekend:devil

USDM EG
04-15-2008, 08:10 AM
That ok. Get that sum-***** runnin broken in! Its supposed to be even nicer out tomorrow. with 15-20mph north winds...gusting to 40 at times. HELL YEAH FOR A TAIL WIND