PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch "Pass Time"???

STANMAN
04-09-2008, 05:09 PM
It's a show on Speed, where they run cars and 2 random people and the "house" try to guess their 1/4 times? Pretty neat show, each contestant gets to ask the driver 1 question (usually the most retarded questions in the world BTW) and then put in their times. Just wondering how people on here do compared to the people on the show. If I were on it, I would win about 80% of the time. They had one where it was all VW Beetle based crap, I would have lost that one, and last nights I would have lost because a kid in an 03 Terminator with mods (smaller pulley, intake, exhaust, gears) ran a 15.55. But usually I am pretty good.

Funny side note, sitting there with the GF watching it one day, and they show the driver BEFORE they show the car, dude with mullet, rocking the 80's Flock of Seagulls looking apperal, and I said "this guy owns a Camaro". I was wrong though. He owned a Firebird!!!

Flicktitty
04-09-2008, 05:20 PM
it's a decent show at best. it could be better. the people who ask qeustions are dweebs.

nitroxtreme
04-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Yes I watch it...better than PINKS and watching Chris, well maybe he needs to take some automotive lessons

oneslowcamino
04-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I watch pass time. I think its way better than pinks more races less bull shit.

JC70SS
04-09-2008, 06:26 PM
I watch it whenever possible. Usually some nice cars. There were some nice ones last night esp the camaro that put a rod through the block.

Rocket Power
04-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I've watched a few minutes a couple times. Just doesn't do anything for me

Flicktitty
04-09-2008, 06:41 PM
it's on right now justa FYI

That_Guy
04-09-2008, 06:51 PM
i like the show.. it doesnt have rich on it...

CobraSnake
04-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I've watched it over at my buddies house. I don't have the luxury of cable so I don't get it at home. But, all in all I would say that I like it. It is a good show IMO.

Mark

STANMAN
04-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I watch it whenever possible. Usually some nice cars. There were some nice ones last night esp the camaro that put a rod through the block.

Yeah, that was an instant mess. I still like the Kenne Belled 03 Terminator running 15.5 better. I actually got the Camaro one correct, as I guessed a slower time than everyone else.

moels
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I watch Pass Time if I happen to see it when I am surfing the guide.

I watched Pinks tonight and it happened to be the one where richhead dumped the bike. What a frickin toolbox.

STANMAN
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM

I watched Pinks tonight and it happened to be the one where richhead dumped the bike. What a frickin toolbox.

That was one worth watching, lol!!!! Why you selling the Stang? I saw in another thread it's on Ebay? What is the BIN price??

moels
04-09-2008, 08:07 PM
The auction ended last Friday, did not meet reserve price. I will list it on craigslist or something. I would consider any serious offer.

badass88gt
04-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I think the idea of the show is good, the execution of it sucks. They need to get people on there that either A: Know how to make a pass (15.5 second KB Cobra?) or B: Know a litle about drag cars that they can get the time somewhat close to what it runs.

That_Guy
04-09-2008, 11:11 PM
i also think that they should figure out how to have the drivers win some cash

That_Guy
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM

lulz that was my favorite.. i mean come on who gasses a bike in mid turn.. you know dam well he was trying to pop a wheely..

CobraSnake
04-10-2008, 12:33 PM
I think the idea of the show is good, the execution of it sucks. They need to get people on there that either A: Know how to make a pass (15.5 second KB Cobra?) or B: Know a litle about drag cars that they can get the time somewhat close to what it runs.

yeah but this is why its fun and challenging. You can ask the driver one question. Why not have it be "how many times Mr. 18 year old kid with a KB terminator have you raced at the track?" I'm sure if he ran a 15 something it had to have been his first time.

Mark

badass88gt
04-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Even granny shifting instead of double clutching like he shouldve been should have gotten him a 13 second slip I would think?

Waver
04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Even granny shifting instead of double clutching like he shouldve been should have gotten him a 13 second slip I would think?
But then again I have seen some 15 sec shelbys too. And to think that this show got its start here at gLd as "Name that Test and Tune"