PDA

View Full Version : Favre as a Backup For Rodgers?!

DynoTom
04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE -- Retired quarterback Brett Favre tells his longtime friend Al Jones that filling in for an injured Aaron Rodgers would be tempting if the Green Bay Packers came calling.

Favre says a scenario like that would be hard to pass up, but he also says he's enjoying retirement.

Favre tells Jones in a story in the Biloxi Sun-Herald that any possible fill-in work would depend on the amount of time he would have to get ready. He says you can't just show up and play.

If the opportunity presented itself and the Packers called, Favre says it would be tempting and he "very well could be enticed to do it."

On the other hand, Favre says he's content with his decision to retire and doesn't plan to come back.

Korndogg
04-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah and he also has 4 other teams that want him and something is going to go down in about a month. I can't say any more at the moment though cause thats all I was told lol.

Karps TA
04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
People need to let go.....

Flicktitty
04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
People need to let go.....

no shit, his nuts must be sore from all the swingers.

Mr. Brett
04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm amazed that the press takes an offhand comment (and I'm sure it was in response to a question, not something he offered voluntarily) about how he would be "tempted" to fill in for an injured Aaron Rodgers should Green Bay ask him to, and runs with it like this. He's gone. He's done. He's tired. Not gonna play football anymore. Let it go.

Karps TA
04-09-2008, 02:47 PM
I heard he farted yesterday and it sounded alot like he said "Hike" so that must mean he's coming back.

GRNDNL
04-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Aaron Rodgers is playing for da Bears next year?......

nitroxtreme
04-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Come on.. Let the guy retire and plow some corn fields in peace.. You guys have to let him go.....

Reverend Cooper
04-09-2008, 06:55 PM
karps ta for the win, let it go packer fans, your in for years of suckdom

moels
04-09-2008, 08:01 PM
He is done and I hope he enjoys retirement and banging the crap out of his wife on a bed of gazillion dollar bills. He deserves it.

u_say_go
04-09-2008, 10:07 PM
karps ta for the win, let it go packer fans, your in for years of suckdom

that just might be the most intelligent thing you've ever said. without Favre, the Packers are 8-8 at best.

Silver03SRT
04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah and he also has 4 other teams that want him and something is going to go down in about a month. I can't say any more at the moment though cause thats all I was told lol.

and he has a contract with the packers for 3 more years i believe. He is not coming back for anything.

VroomPshhTsi
04-10-2008, 01:00 PM
great, sportscenter got a hold of this and it's also a top story on yahoo.com

let it go

Yooformula
04-10-2008, 05:44 PM
oh for crying out loud. let him go already. will wisconsin shut down when brett drops dead too? wtf! he is an athlete not a god!

Prince Valiant
04-10-2008, 05:51 PM
he is an athlete not a god!Watch you talkin' 'bout yoo?!?

nismodave
04-10-2008, 06:12 PM
He said those things to remain in the spotlight.

Has to have the attention.

If he means what he says, expect Rodgers to be shot on the first play from scrimage by a raging Favre fan.:rolf

Waver
04-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Farve is/was one of the best qb's in the NFL, however I think he should just stay retired instead of fall to medocrity (sp) like so many before him (Jim McMahon comes to mind....great with the bears under ditka when he wasnt full of him self, but became the packers third string qb when the packers won the sb)