PDA

View Full Version : What happened???

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Ok, I been thinking.......Now, maybe I'm just getting old, or I'm hopelessly behind-the-times, but I remember back when i was younger, the cars that people bragged about/lusted after were....well....worth bragging about. Everyone wanted a Camaro/Firebird, or a Mustang, MOPARS, Corvettes, Chevelles, etc.....When you saw these cars on the road it was like "WOW." Now, people are buying 4-doored POS grocery-getters, and acting like they have "hot" cars. I won't name specific types, I don't want anyone here to have hurt feelings if they happen to have that type, but I ask: What happened?? When did everyone start to settle for these little rounded -off "don't hurt me" looking cars? Hvae times really changed THAT much??

Poncho
04-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Or maybe because they stopped making a 64 Galaxie in 1964.

Those kind of cars are made with a kind of metal call "unobtainium."

You just can't get those anymore. People still want them, but you can't get them unless your pockets are deep. For most then, why have a 30k Chevelle that needs work, and you can't drive much since it's irreplacable for the most part, when you can buy a 21k EVO and enjoy it.

People still go "wow" when you see old cars. If I had to do it again, I woulda looked harder for a '71 Camaro RS instead of the jelly bean I'm still paying off.

personally I'd kill for a '65-67 GTO instead of the '05 I have. I love everything about them, then I realize that I love this one too, but it doesn't have a 40 year old soul.

I've been lusting after my fathers '55 Bel Air my whole life, that'll never stop.

That_Guy
04-08-2008, 02:13 AM
race gas costing 4-5 dollars agallon doesnt help..

shet even normal gas prices.. and with most freaking sweet muscle cars getting 6-9 miles per gallon nobody wants to drive then either..

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2008, 02:48 AM
I dunno........my two cars are the "wow" type of cars, 35 and 29 years old, my husband's car is a '59 Galaxie, and the "daily driver" is an '89 RS Camaro. Our pockets are NOT deep, but we found them, anyway. They are out there, not all of them are beyond attaining, price-wise. I just yearn for the old days, I guess. I'll be stuck in the past forever, most likely.

Poncho
04-08-2008, 03:00 AM
I had a '66 Impala, but never did anything, it was a father/son project that never took off at all. I guess personally I feared that'd just happen again.

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2008, 03:04 AM
I completely understand that, the old ones can be really hard to get started on/finished up. One thing I have discovered is having multiple old cars is NOT for the faint of heart. In fact sometimes you can actually feel your sanity starting to stretch, a little car-induced neurosis.

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-08-2008, 06:44 AM
The times they are a changing.
I get a kick out of those folks too, talking about racing 4 cylinder 4 door cars and other economy junk.

To each their own I guess.

xxsn0blindxx
04-08-2008, 07:48 AM
A lot of it too is because the little little 4 and 6 cylinder 4-door cars are decently quick, some are wicked fast. Even a frickin V6 Camry makes over 250hp now. Your typical V-6 family sedan is as fast or faster than stock 80s muscle cars like the el caminos, monte carlos, mustang and f-bodies. Anything much older than those means having two vehicle and a lot of people don't have the money or space for that. It may sound crazy but some people even enjoy the conveniences of a modern vehicle. It's also a change in the times. The sport compact cars are the modern day muscle car. That's not to say that the traditional muscle car has been put out to pasture, but fast is fast and the sport compacts are a lot more economical for younger guys who don't have a whole lot of money to get started with. Personally I love old muscle cars more than anything, but I'd hate to daily drive one. I don't understand limiting yourself to one brand or one type of vehicle. To me fast is fast whether it's a model T rat rod, a 50s gasser, 60s muscle car or a modern sport compact.

jbiscuit
04-08-2008, 08:15 AM
old cars are not out of reach. You just have to be patient, willing to budge a little on color, interior options, motor etc and also not seek out a peak year car....IE numbers matching 70 Chevelle 454 SS 4-speed car for your first classic car....unless of course you don't mind paying a mortgage to get it.

Modern "muscle cars" are easy/convenient and readily available. From the EVO mentioned to the f-bodys and the GTOS, Mustangs etc. PLUS you get a lot for your money! They handle nice, get decent gas mileage, have air, good brakes, performance fuel injection yadda yadda.....and if you are willing to buy used, prices are even MORE affordable

The excitement for these cars vs. old cars is still the same as it used to be. Times change, thats all.

Nick
04-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Back in your day, those were the hot new cars. When you were young you grew up around them and became partial to them. Permanently engrained in you.

Today is today, and the young people of today have become accustomed to the new stuff. While I am sure they still have a huge respect for classic stuff much like myself, it's about your age. Younger people of today feel that the new stuff is hot, much like you did when you were young.

I <3 my Legacy.

wrath
04-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Old stuff isn't affordable unless it's beat or rotted out. Both take money AND time to fix. This is largely because of people with too much bloody money involving themselves in our recreational activity. For Pete's Sake there are how many shops around here that cater to rich people that want a "classic"? There is even one in Oconomowoc.

SFI is really enticing to most people, including me. You can get a 99up GM pickup to perform in all ways better than any 60s or 70s "musclecar" for the same money and less time. And you can do it with better fuel economy and more creature comforts.

scaleracer
04-08-2008, 08:46 AM
it's called the "sleeper look" for street racing! that way they might never asume what type of hp you have and they look at the car and figure it's a POS and say they'll race you and you beat them bad! :shades

Karps TA
04-08-2008, 08:52 AM
It's got to be an age thing or mainly when you grew up. I don't really get the import cars at all. They just don't appeal to me. When I see a civic I think, that's a nice daily driver, not something I'd want to dump money into to mod. It's not that I don't respect them, it's I just don't get it. The look, definetly the sound, just doesn't strike any kind of chord with me. Same with Cobalts and Neons. I just can't find the appeal.

I love the pro-touring style of taking older cars, and giving them modern functionality. That's probably where my heart lies the most nowadays.

jbiscuit
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
its hard to argue with technology!

BadAzzGTA89
04-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I don't know what it is either i miss the smell of a carbed engine the sound of 4 barrel kicking in the exhaust note the all steel bodys and all the chrome inside and out and a few other things but i just love old cars!

juicedimpss
04-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Now, people are buying 4-doored POS grocery-getters, and acting like they have "hot" cars. I won't name specific types, I don't want anyone here to have hurt feelings if they happen to have that type, but I ask: What happened?? When did everyone start to settle for these little rounded -off "don't hurt me" looking cars? Hvae times really changed THAT much??

whats wrong with grocery getters?
http://clocksoffracing.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/normal_thecow.jpg

wikked
04-08-2008, 10:14 AM
I dunno........my two cars are the "wow" type of cars, 35 and 29 years old, my husband's car is a '59 Galaxie, and the "daily driver" is an '89 RS Camaro.

I don't think an '89 Camaro is a "wow" type of car?

If you asked anyone if they'd rather have a newer LS1 fbody, or an 89 Camaro, pretty sure it would be 100:0.

The Galaxie on the other hand... :)

juicedimpss
04-08-2008, 10:17 AM
I don't think an '89 Camaro is a "wow" type of car?

If you asked anyone if they'd rather have a newer LS1 fbody, or an 89 Camaro, pretty sure it would be 100:0.

The Galaxie on the other hand... :)

thats not entirely true,i mean 89 was at the height of the TPI305 technology. those things made tons of power....pure muscle car.

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2008, 10:44 AM
And I clearly stated......the '89 is the DAILY DRIVER. Not the "wow" Camaro.

juicedimpss
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I dunno........my two cars are the "wow" type of cars, 35 and 29 years old, my husband's car is a '59 Galaxie, and the "daily driver" is an '89 RS Camaro.

hmm,seems you thought the 89 was a WOW car earlier.

70 cutlass 442
04-08-2008, 11:23 AM
thats not entirely true,i mean 89 was at the height of the TPI305 technology. those things made tons of power....pure muscle car.

:rolf

michelle
04-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Now, people are buying 4-doored POS grocery-getters, and acting like they have "hot" cars.

What losers..... :rolleyes:

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2008, 12:09 PM
No, that doesn't make them "losers." The only way to be a loser is by deing a d*ck, and that has nothing to do with one's car. I just mean, I remember back when everything, cars, rockstars, movies, were "larger than life." Flamboyant, glamorous, out-of-the-ordinary. Now it seems like "ordinary" has somehow become "cool," and I, personally, just don't "get it." Know what I meant, now?

michelle
04-08-2008, 12:11 PM
"No".

88Nightmare
04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
hmm,seems you thought the 89 was a WOW car earlier.

If you read correctly ron, her two "wow" types of cars, are 35 years old and 29 years old. I don't see how an 89 camaro could possibly be one of those two cars

although it wasnt perfectly clear, if you read closer you will come to the conclusion that they have 4 cars.

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Don't get it, huh? Oh well.....Just chalk it up to me being on the road to old and set in my ways.

juicedimpss
04-08-2008, 12:25 PM
If you read correctly ron, her two "wow" types of cars, are 35 years old and 29 years old. I don't see how an 89 camaro could possibly be one of those two cars

although it wasnt perfectly clear, if you read closer you will come to the conclusion that they have 4 cars.

maybe she doesnt know how to count.....IDK

88Nightmare
04-08-2008, 12:28 PM
maybe she doesnt know how to count.....IDK

the possibility exsists

michelle
04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm 20 so I guess I grew up in the "ordinary" way of how things go these days. I like 4-door grocery-getters. No fun getting in an older car and have to roll the window down. Seriously, WTF is that about. :goof

88Nightmare
04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm 20 so I guess I grew up in the "ordinary" way of how things go these days. I like 4-door grocery-getters. No fun getting in an older car and have to roll the window down. Seriously, WTF is that about. :goof

maybe todays mustangs and camaros might not be as "wow" as they used to be to some people, im pretty sure the ford taurus NEVER counted as a sports car :rolf :rolf :rolf

michelle
04-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I never said it was a sports car. It's a 4-door grocery-getter.

88Nightmare
04-08-2008, 12:36 PM
the last owner of our taurus (sable) was some extremely old woman :rolf

michelle
04-08-2008, 12:38 PM
That's nice. People often buy cars at all ages. I've seen older women driving WRXs, Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, etc. Not a big deal, if you ask me.

But then again, women can't drive.

juicedimpss
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
women can't drive.

my new sig.

70 cutlass 442
04-08-2008, 12:40 PM
But then again, women can't drive.

at least you can admit that :thumbsup

michelle
04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I can easily admit that I can't properly back up a car either or park in a garage. Adam has to put up a tennis ball on a string so I don't pull in too far anymore. Apparently he doesn't like it when I am an inch away from the front of the garage.

Poncho
04-08-2008, 12:47 PM
It's an age and era thing. For example anything before the 50's usually doesn't peak my interest at all. Even the 50's stuff for me is mostly limited to Bel-Airs, Impalas, and El Caminos, and Galaxies. Tons of 60's cars I love, but again, still Impalas, and Galaxies till '63, then from then on it starts w/ the GTO and Mustang, GTX's, and blows up from there.

For example my all time dream car is actually a '70-'73 Camaro instead of the "usual" '69 Camaro. Most of the 70's cars can GDIAF, but I still like the Camaros and Firebirds from that era.

Karps TA
04-08-2008, 12:52 PM
At lunch was a perfect example for me. I saw a black 4 door Audi, obviously not a high end Audi. Looked to be not much bigger then a Corolla. On it was a big ass fart pipe exhaust. It was perhaps the most annoying, horrible sounding noise I've had the misfortune to be behind. Why someone would spend money doing that to a car, that otherwise looked like a nice daily driver, I don't get at all.

Maybe younger people think it's sounds great, or is a badass ride. I dunno.

It did also have a Pink Beyond Engineering stick on the trunk. Not sure how much hp that added.

tommyt5078
04-08-2008, 04:15 PM
The times they are a changing.
I get a kick out of those folks too, talking about racing 4 cylinder 4 door cars and other economy junk.

To each their own I guess.

I have a 4 cylinder 4 door car that's alot faster then most stock cars with 8 cylinder, so who cares if someone with a 4 cylinder 4 door talks about racing when the car does 13.2 stock in the 1/4 mile?

88Nightmare
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
everyone has their own taste in what a "wow" car is, thats what makes the car enthusiast world so exciting. Everyone has their own style.

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I have a 4 cylinder 4 door car that's alot faster then most stock cars with 8 cylinder, so who cares if someone with a 4 cylinder 4 door talks about racing when the car does 13.2 stock in the 1/4 mile?

I stated right in my post that I did not care.
You have a 4 banger car that goes 13.2 stock ? Do tell.

Prince Valiant
04-08-2008, 04:39 PM
You have a 4 banger car that goes 13.2 stock ? Do tell.My guess is an evo or sti...

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-08-2008, 04:40 PM
No doubt the latter.

Lash
04-08-2008, 04:42 PM
No, that doesn't make them "losers." The only way to be a loser is by deing a d*ck, and that has nothing to do with one's car. I just mean, I remember back when everything, cars, rockstars, movies, were "larger than life." Flamboyant, glamorous, out-of-the-ordinary. Now it seems like "ordinary" has somehow become "cool," and I, personally, just don't "get it." Know what I meant, now?

"Back when"????

You're 32 fricken years old. Get over yourself. You're not as old as you think you are....so stop trying to act like you lived in the 50's and 60's. :rolleyes:

Prince Valiant
04-08-2008, 04:42 PM
No doubt the latter.couldn't see his avatar...I've got mine turned off.

88Nightmare
04-08-2008, 04:43 PM
chris sucks. his insight gets approximately 6 times the fuel mileage my truck gets

HY35F2T
04-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I stated right in my post that I did not care.
You have a 4 banger car that goes 13.2 stock ? Do tell.

alot of 4cyl turbos cars run 13's stock

Evo's
sti's
Mazda speed 6

like said b4 its nice when you can get 300hp out of a car that can still get 20or more mpg.

Prince Valiant
04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
chris sucks. his insight gets approximately 6 times the fuel mileage my truck getsActually, the mileage has gone down a tad since I got the emergency light bar and cow catcher grille put on it :goof

88Nightmare
04-08-2008, 05:05 PM
lmao. I love people talkin shit. Now I guess the story is I have a cow catcher grille :rolf

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-08-2008, 05:13 PM
LoL I turned off all my sig and avatar crap so I KNOW NOTHING !

Rocket Power
04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
old cars are not out of reach. You just have to be patient, willing to budge a little on color, interior options, motor etc and also not seek out a peak year car....IE numbers matching 70 Chevelle 454 SS 4-speed car for your first classic car....unless of course you don't mind paying a mortgage to get it.

True dat. If your looking for a rust free car here in S.E. WI you're going to pay more than if you are willing to go get it. I paid $700 for my clean 64 from southern colorado. Memphis was nice enough to borrow me a trailer and I went and got it. Needed interior stuff and a drivetrain. Already had a drivetrain, and bought some seats that need covers. You don't have to get 8 mpg, they make EFI kits for most mainstream cars and OD trannies aren't had to find. If you travel south or west you'll get more for your money. I like older cars, I like some newer stuff too. I don't get people wanting to hop up what to me are commuter cars, but hey whatever your into. I don't have to like it, it's not mine. Like my GP, maybe there are people are into the 90's ones of that style, but to me it's just a car to go back and for to work in and not care about. As long as it starts and any problems are a cheap and easy fix, I'll drive it. I don't really "like" it but it serves a purpose.
I like my Wagon, other people may think "WTF why do you want a G-body wagon" I don't care what they think it's what I like.

So don't get offended if someone doesn't like your car, but don't expect everyone to share your taste. [/novel]

70 cutlass 442
04-08-2008, 08:35 PM

Evo's
sti's
Mazda speed 6

like said b4 its nice when you can get 300hp out of a car that can still get 20or more mpg.

yeah but hes claming 13.20s stock....... highly doubt it

Berettaspeed
04-08-2008, 09:51 PM
ummm cars today on average are just as fast and or faster than the cars in the late 60s to early 70s.

STANMAN
04-08-2008, 10:16 PM
ummm cars today on average are just as fast and or faster than the cars in the late 60s to early 70s.

Due to suspension and tires, yes. People tend to forget that a 426 Ebody (Cuda and Challenger) Mopar ran a 14.1 bone stock. Put a suspension and a set of tires on that car today and it would be in the low 12's I am sure.

juicedimpss
04-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Due to suspension and tires, yes. People tend to forget that a 426 Ebody (Cuda and Challenger) Mopar ran a 14.1 bone stock. Put a suspension and a set of tires on that car today and it would be in the low 12's I am sure.

hell anything for a modern tire would just about do it.

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Ok, in regards to the "get over yourself" comment, 32 in a car-scene where the majority of the enthusiasts are 18-23 ( in my personal experience, which is in fact MINE, so can the arguments now, thanks) makes a BIG difference. you cannot honestly say that the late 80's is ANYTHING LIKE NOW. Everything has changed, that's what I am talking about. I feel like I suddenly woke up in a world that just.....moved on, I guess. I was longing for a time that passed, is all. Some of you understand, some don't. It wasn't meant to be a hostile thread, and so far, seems to be not heading that way, which is good. My intent was not to insult anyone, I just was wondering when everything got so different.

HY35F2T
04-09-2008, 03:16 AM
yeah but hes claming 13.20s stock....... highly doubt it

mazdaspeed 6 ppl run high 13's with only 275hp and weigh around 3500lbs the new sti's and evos have more hp then MS6 and weigh less.

DRK
04-09-2008, 11:35 AM

Evo's
sti's
Mazda speed 6

My old 5.slow put down 400+rwhp and got 23MPG on the highway. You don't need a 4cyl and a fart can to get good mpg. Shit they where building N/A 300+hp and boosted 1000+hp 2.0L 4cyls in the 60's and nobody ran a fart can. Think of how much more power that fart can technology could have made:durr.

H8RADE
04-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Ok, in regards to the "get over yourself" comment, 32 in a car-scene where the majority of the enthusiasts are 18-23 ( in my personal experience, which is in fact MINE, so can the arguments now, thanks) makes a BIG difference. you cannot honestly say that the late 80's is ANYTHING LIKE NOW. Everything has changed, that's what I am talking about. I feel like I suddenly woke up in a world that just.....moved on, I guess. I was longing for a time that passed, is all. Some of you understand, some don't. It wasn't meant to be a hostile thread, and so far, seems to be not heading that way, which is good. My intent was not to insult anyone, I just was wondering when everything got so different.

Didn't you leave angrily a few months back?
Right after posting 3 'Deep Thoughts' threads per day for a week?
Thought so.

DRK
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
everyone has their own taste in what a "wow" car is, thats what makes the car enthusiast world so exciting. Everyone has their own style.

is that why J.C Whitney got the call for the mods to your truck?:rolf

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
No, I believe it was closer to 7 months ago that I left, not angrily, though. Some guy made a really inappropriate comment, and it just got to me for some reason. As for the deep thoughts comments, h*ll, somebody's gotta do it, we have our random-thread person, our really-good-jokes people, a few sh*t-talkers, so, I'll supply the deep thoughts stuff!! For those that don't like those threads, real simple: Don't read them. By now you know that a lot of my posts/threads lean that way, so, you can avoid them if you want to.

michelle
04-09-2008, 11:56 AM
What's an example of a "deep thought" topic? Complaining about the lack of "wow" cars isn't quite deep.

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
How's this for deep......a peanut is neither a "pea" nor a "nut"..........discuss.....

michelle
04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm allergic to peanuts. Try again.

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2008, 12:01 PM
allergic to peanuts? that sucks. ok........trying to think up a good one for ya..... gimme a few minutes....

michelle
04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Not really, never liked peanuts to begin with. (waits patiently for nut jokes....)

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Ok.....here's as deep as my thoughts can get at this point today (and I'm really stretching it here, my brain doesn't usually kick in for a few more hours) : Do you think society as a whole is degenerating? As in, do you feel personally that people are becoming "colder souls?" There.....that was deep......sort of......

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2008, 12:06 PM
How's that?....Wow this thread is going to get weird from this point on, isn't it? Oh well, that's what makes it fun, right?

juicedimpss
04-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Not really, never liked peanuts to begin with. (waits patiently for nut jokes....)

not salty enough for your liking?

Z28Roxy
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
No fun getting in an older car and have to roll the window down. Seriously, WTF is that about. :goof

I wish I had crank windows.

HY35F2T
04-09-2008, 01:23 PM
My old 5.slow put down 400+rwhp and got 23MPG on the highway. You don't need a 4cyl and a fart can to get good mpg. Shit they where building N/A 300+hp and boosted 1000+hp 2.0L 4cyls in the 60's and nobody ran a fart can. Think of how much more power that fart can technology could have made:durr.

60"s?never seen that and fart cans ehh certain cars look good just like 3 out of 5 mustangs have flowmaster's which i think sound like shit.Flowmasters aint no power building muffler either.

Z28Roxy
04-09-2008, 01:26 PM

Evo's
sti's
Mazda speed 6

Even nicer when you can get 300hp out of a car and get nearly 30mpg.

juicedimpss
04-09-2008, 01:26 PM
60"s?never seen that and fart cans ehh certain cars look good just like 3 out of 5 mustangs have flowmaster's which i think sound like shit.Flowmasters aint no power building muffler either.

flowmasters were cool like ten years ago.period.

Korndogg
04-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Magnaflow ftw.

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Magnaflowed stone reliable Crown Vic idlin 500hp small block easily getting 20mpg all damn day checkin in !
It's our fuel pincher :rolleyes: and gets better mpg than my 6 hole Heep Cherokee :thumbsup

STANMAN
04-09-2008, 02:55 PM
flowmasters were cool like ten years ago.period.

Flowmaster 40's with an H pipe were the best sounding set up on a Fox, period.

I like my combo on my car, but with the stock manifolds and h pipe Loudmouth axel backs were all that was needed to make the car sound good. With the longtubes and hi-flow catted H, the loudmouths were to much, I switched to the Violators I have now and I love the way my car sounds!!

Poncho
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM

and my old man longs for the 60's and 70's still when his Camaro was just a Camaro, and his Bel-Air a few years later was just an old Chevy. I can understand it. Imports were already insanely popular over 10-15 years ago.

Voodoo Chick
04-10-2008, 12:07 AM
I wasn't referring exclusively to domestics, or even old cars, though.....Although, for me, personally, old domestics are the ONLY type that knocks me out. I meant ANY cars that have a "stage presence" as opposed to ordinary cars. If you have a larger-than-life import, that's a stand-out-in-the-crowd car, or I have seen quite a few new Mustangs that are very beautiful....I am particularly fond of a certain white one with red stripes......I'm sure you know which one, lol.....Anyway, I was NOT trying to hurt anyone's feelings/ego/etc. Bottom line, I guess, if you love the car, all's well regardless what it is. I was just "bitterly nostalgic," let's say.....NO OFFENSE MEANT TO ANYONE!!!!

michelle
04-10-2008, 12:36 AM
You offended me.

Voodoo Chick
04-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Oh well. I guess at this point all I can say is....get over it.

STANMAN
04-10-2008, 02:33 AM
I like any car that's cool. Even if it's a Neon:thumbsup:rolf

Voodoo Chick
04-10-2008, 02:51 AM
What if it's an ANGRY neon???? LOL

michelle
04-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Oh well. I guess at this point all I can say is....get over it.

But I don't wanna. Excuse me while I go sell my POS 4-door grocery-getter and cut myself. Thanks.

(:goof)

twicks69
04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Personally, I really like ALL vehicles out there -- past and present -- and future. I appreciate any vehicle that puts down serious horsepower and torque numbers, exceeds engineering limits, and is technologically advanced for its time.

With that said, I really like anything that is boosted; and efficient with boost. I really enjoy seeing small displacement engines make crazy numbers on boost based on the modifications and the efficiency of the setup. Especially rotaries and 4-bangers and 6-bangers.

12A-turbo (1st Gen Mazda RX-7 1983-1985 J-Spec)
13B-turbo (2nd Gen Mazda RX-7 1987-1991.5)
13B-REW's (3rd Gen Mazda RX-7 1993-1995 US/1993-2002 J-Spec)
20B's (Mazda Cosmo 1990-1995 2.0L 105cubes, 300HP/300tq in stock form)
26B's (NA, but putting down 800+HP from 2.6L (140 cubes), and revving to 18,000rpms).
4G63T's (DSM's and Evo 1-9)
6G72TT's (Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4)
SR20DET's (S13-S15 Silvias, etc)
RB-series motors (Especially the RB26DETT)
VR38DETT 3.8L V-6 (R35 Nissan Skyline GT-R 473HP/434tq stock)
2JZ-GTE's (MK4 Supra)
3S-GTE (Toyota Celica All-Trac AWD turbo, Toyota MR2 Turbo)
4ZC1 (2.0L turbo AWD Isuzu Impulse Powered by Lotus -- Isuzu's competition to the Mitsubishi Starion and the Chrysler Conquest)
C32B 3.2L NA (Acura NSX 1997+)
TFSI 5.0L V10 Twin-Turbo (Audi RS6 573HP/482tq stock)

Buick 3.8L V-6 Turbo (Grand National/GNX)
GM Gen 1E LB4 - 4.3L Vortec V-6 Turbo (GMC Typhoon/Syclone)

Don't get me wrong, I love my 350's, 427's, 454's, and olds 455's; they are all torque monsters and have lots of performance parts out there for them; they are just out-dated and inefficient. With that said; I still would kill to have a C3 1971 454 Corvette, or my Stepfather's 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst 455 Indy Pace Car, or a 1967 L-88 427 tri-power corvette, or a 1966 W30 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442, etc. It is just too damn expensive to get my hands on one of them; and then once I owned one, I would feel terrible flogging the crap out of it at the track -- it would become a car show queen. :crying

Do I miss seeing muscle cars everywhere? Hell yeah!
Do I like rotaries and small displacement engines? Hell yeah!

I love alot of domestic and import vehicles; I just hate RICEY ones. Give me a stock-appearing sleeper putting down serious numbers, and kicking A$$ at the track!

juicedimpss
04-10-2008, 10:23 AM
well put tim