PDA

View Full Version : Parking lot gatherer's

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't gather in parking lots but I know some folks do, this story seems similar to what happens near cruising area's.

California Police: Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering, Generate Revenue.
Police raid Riverside, California parking lot to issue modified car tickets at local car enthusiast gathering.
Nine police agencies in Riverside, California sent more than one hundred police officers to surround a gathering of automotive enthusiasts. Owners of imported sport compact cars had gathered at the Canyon Crossing shopping center on Friday night to swap stories, talk about their passion for cars and show off the latest enhancements to their rides. At around 11pm police surprised participants by blocking all exits with fifty police cruisers. Officers then began a warrantless search and interrogation operation of the 150 vehicles that were present.
In 2004, the California Highway Patrol issued a total of 101,553 "modified car" citations worth $10.5 million according to CHP data

http://thenewspaper.com/news/23/2302.asp

PureSound15
04-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Thats insane, and the completely wrong way to aid our economic crisis.

lordairgtar
04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Send'em Lawyers, Guns, and Money. I think California gets a little too anal about modded cars driven by the kids. I don't think this would have happened to a group of 50 year olds in 32 Roadsters.

HAMRHEAD
04-08-2008, 08:44 AM
So just how many crimes were being committed while all those police were busy issuing tickets for bs?

Karps TA
04-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Somebody needs to climb a bridge with a banner saying Free America!

jbiscuit
04-08-2008, 08:49 AM
california is NUTS when it comes to modified cars and emissions stuff. They will confiscate your car for the dumbest sh1t out there!

Car Guy
04-08-2008, 09:08 AM
This is why California will become it's own country called the 'new' Russia. That 'event' is ridiculous and just another reason why I DO NOT live there.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Z28Roxy
04-08-2008, 09:50 AM
California blows for car stuff. Even parts that probably don't affect emissions have to have a tag on it to be CARB (california air resources board) certified. The companies have to prove that their performance part causes absolutely no change in emissions, which costs them a lot of money. So even parts that may not affect emissions are often illegal there as they didn't spend the money to get the CARB tag/number.

What sucks is you can pass the "sniffer" test with flying colors but one illegal part = automatic fail/tamper. Yet an old junker with all original parts (down to the spark plugs) and horribly out of tune can just barely squeak by on the sniffer test and it's "ok". :rolleyes:

I used to swap off my home made cold air every time for the smog test :rolf and I ended up having to have shorty headers - I should have just had longtubes and swapped those every two years. But at least I have them now.

juicedimpss
04-08-2008, 10:43 AM
fvck california.
there is nothing there that i can say i need to live my life.

floaters
04-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Send'em Lawyers, Guns, and Money. I think California gets a little too anal about modded cars driven by the kids. I don't think this would have happened to a group of 50 year olds in 32 Roadsters.

i believe they went into boyd coddintons shop when he was still alive and chained up his doors and said that hes building too many cars without emissions iirc. not sure how he got out of it

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Idiots also said lawnmowers need catalytic convertors. How moronic.

lordairgtar
04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
One of the many reasons I do not live there anymore.