PDA

View Full Version : Anybody take that free IQ test?

02hawk796
10-08-2003, 03:51 AM
From emode.com yet? do they inflate your score, or does it seem accurate to you? They might be flattering people just to scare up business.
Kinda curious.

Prince Valiant
10-08-2003, 11:37 AM
I know some who have higher than I would have guessed (*COUGH*john :nutkick) Personally mine was lower than some others I had taken...killing brain cells and senility I guess.

Milw96Cobra
10-08-2003, 11:55 AM
I've taken quite a few IQ tests before... I usually average in the high 120's to low 130's.

JohnnyT
10-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Milw96Cobra
I've taken quite a few IQ tests before... I usually average in the high 120's to low 130's.

WOW! You have an IQ in the 120-130 range AND you drive a 12 second Cobra... You have the world by the balls dude... :rolleyes:

02hawk796
10-08-2003, 12:39 PM

OK, good. Then what was your score on this one?

Milw96Cobra
10-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by 2KSS-4027
WOW! You have an IQ in the 120-130 range AND you drive a 12 second Cobra... You have the world by the balls dude... :rolleyes:

Was that an attempt at an insult?

Originally posted by 02hawk796
OK, good. Then what was your score on this one?

02hawk796
10-08-2003, 10:59 PM

Well then it's seems they're not inflating it, did the description they gave for your results seem accurate enough, or just vague?

Btw, that ss guy has just been that way lately. Just ignore him (he's probably jealous of somebody with a 3-digit IQ).

Thanks for the input Cobra. Anybody else have similar experience?

JohnnyT
10-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Was that an attempt at an insult?

Nope...

jbiscuit
10-09-2003, 04:44 PM
John is a really cool guy and has a higher IQ than anyone I know... :thumbsup

Now, who got OWN3D??? :flipoff:

JohnnyT
10-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by yellow wagon

Now, who got OWN3D??? :flipoff:

WOW, thanks Jason!! You're a hell of a guy!! :devil

jbiscuit
10-09-2003, 05:09 PM
you a-hole. I got a 119 on the IQ test. Cobra owners ARE smarter than import owners, its fact!:goof

Prince Valiant
10-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by yellow wagon
dude jason, you do know me don't you? :nutkick

BAD LS1
10-09-2003, 06:02 PM

:rolf

Whos gotta 12 second Cobra though:confused

John i thought Greg Angeli was the only one?

rsscoty
10-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Well, as high as I scored it must be inflated....oh yeah I forgot to deduct 100 pts for being from the south :durr

On a serious note I did score higher than I thought I would.
Scoty

JohnnyT
10-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Btw, that ss guy has just been that way lately. Just ignore him (he's probably jealous of somebody with a 3-digit IQ).

Yep, you're right Ron, I am jealous of you guys... :rolf

02hawk796
10-10-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by rsscoty
On a serious note I did score higher than I thought I would.
Scoty

Did the description and analysis they gave seem accurate, or inflated? Did it seem somewhat vague or flattering, or a good call?

Thanks for answering.
Anybody else (that can stay on topic)?

rsscoty
10-10-2003, 08:13 AM
Yeah Ron it seemed to be right on! I let K read it and she seemed to think it wwas an accurate description of me so, I reckon it is pretty good.

Like I said I was pretty suprised with my results.
Scoty

mattGT95
10-13-2003, 08:09 PM
160. :yawn:

Syclone0044
10-13-2003, 08:53 PM

Prince Valiant
10-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by mattGT95
BS, guys with 160 IQ's don't drive stangs :nutkick

02hawk796
10-14-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by mattGT95

Yeah, that's bs. That free test doesn't even go higher than 140, duh! One of many deficiencies with that test.
How lame. probably embarrassed he didn't break 3-digits. All that on top of driving a rustang.

HITMAN
10-14-2003, 09:19 PM
I took that test. According to the results, my I.Q. is the same as it was when I was tested in High School. 138

Milw96Cobra
10-14-2003, 09:57 PM
Matt is speaking from other IQ tests.... we've taken them together... and I digress, he does have a higher IQ than I do.

mattGT95
10-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Yeah, that's bs. That free test doesn't even go higher than 140, duh! One of many deficiencies with that test.
How lame. probably embarrassed he didn't break 3-digits. All that on top of driving a rustang.

I didn't take that test.. I took a different one a few monts ago. I have the link to the results on my linux box (er, different partition of this box).. i'm in windows right now, but I can cough up the proof if you guys need it.

and GFY for the mustang cracks. :flipoff:

:D

02hawk796
10-15-2003, 06:49 AM
Matt is speaking from other IQ tests.... we've taken them together... and I digress, he does have a higher IQ than I do.

Well, if he would have applied his supposed 160 IQ to reading the posts of this thread, he could have fairly well figured out that the discussion was about this test specifically. :durr
Note that Scoty not only figured out what the thread topic was, but also didn't feel the need to brag about how high his was. :thumbsup

If Matt wants to comment on a similarly germane topic, I'd like to know what the weather is going to be atop Mt Everest tonight when I'm at PP's. :flamet
And could you help him with his stang crack hoes? :shades

p.s. I just realized Scoty drives a Camaro. :rockwoot: truth can hurt the worst.

p.p.s. here's a helpful suggestion. Matt can try to join Mensa, where they'll learn him to read. Their NL has 2 great sections which will help him practice: "Letters", "2%solution"

02hawk796
10-15-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by HITMAN
I took that test.

Did the description/analysis afterwards seem accurate? Or like some psychic being vague?

Oh, and thanks for staying on topic.

Milw96Cobra
10-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Well, if he would have applied his supposed 160 IQ to reading the posts of this thread, he could have fairly well figured out that the discussion was about this test specifically. :durr
Note that Scoty not only figured out what the thread topic was, but also didn't feel the need to brag about how high his was. :thumbsup

If Matt wants to comment on a similarly germane topic, I'd like to know what the weather is going to be atop Mt Everest tonight when I'm at PP's. :flamet

p.s. I just realized Scoty drives a Camaro. :rockwoot: truth can hurt the worst.

p.p.s. here's a helpful suggestion. Matt can try to join Mensa, where they'll learn him to read. Their NL has 2 great sections which will help him practice: "Letters", "2%solution"

Unlike you, you will note that Scotty wasn't being an asshole in his contributions to this thread.

If you're going to critique Matt for his reading abilities, you should probably look and find a similar reading and grammar class. "Here's", not "here's" Capitalize your first letter. "teach", not "learn" him to read. You will also note that Scotty said that his analysis afterwards was right on. So now the question inevitably becomes; When are you joining that Mensa program you seem so fond of? Or are you speaking from experience?

BAD LS1
10-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Unlike you, you will note that Scotty wasn't being an asshole in his contributions to this thread.

If you're going to critique Matt for his reading abilities, you should probably look find a similar reading and grammar class. "Here's", not "here's" Capitalize your first "teach" not learn him to read. You will also note that Scotty said that his analysis afterwards was right on. So now the question inevitably becomes; When are you joining that Mensa program you seem so fond of? Or are you speaking from experience?

:rolf COMEDY!!!

Prince Valiant
10-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Okay guys...lets not have a pissing contest here...if you want to get into semantics take it too imageek.com (http://)

Milw96Cobra
10-15-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm simply stating the facts.

If he chooses to argue back, that's his own perogative.

Prince Valiant
10-15-2003, 01:23 PM
I'm simply stating the facts.

Really? This doesn't look like a statement of facts to me:
If you're going to critique Matt for his reading abilities, you should probably look and find a similar reading and grammar class. "Here's", not "here's" Capitalize your first letter. "teach", not "learn" him to read. You will also note that Scotty said that his analysis afterwards was right on. So now the question inevitably becomes; When are you joining that Mensa program you seem so fond of? Or are you speaking from experience?Looks more like a thinly veiled personal attack and there will be no more of it in this thread from either of you.

BAD LS1
10-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Ok theres only one way to solve this........

The Firehawk and Cobra gotta go Fist to Cuff at GLD really soon like.

The winner of that can say they won the argument. Other wise were gonna be knee deep in a " big word " posting war from the both of you.

Milw96Cobra
10-15-2003, 01:42 PM
You are entitled to your own opinion, however look at the thread from the start. Where did I say anything to deserve to be berated like I was? It's not my intetntion to come to this board to be belittled by other members who are either, A) jealous or B) looking for a fight. I am not one to back down from anything, even though I may appear to be. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Prince Valiant
10-15-2003, 01:49 PM
:rolleyes: then settle it as tom suggest...at the track. 28th of this month. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! :nutkick :goof

JohnnyT
10-15-2003, 01:58 PM
You are entitled to your own opinion, however look at the thread from the start. Where did I say anything to deserve to be berated like I was? It's not my intetntion to come to this board to be belittled by other members who are either, A) jealous or B) looking for a fight. I am not one to back down from anything, even though I may appear to be. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Maybe you should look at YOUR past conduct both on and off the board. Then maybe you will understand why you get the responses you do... Interesting you used the "Bull" analogy...

BAD LS1
10-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
:rolleyes: then settle it as tom suggest...at the track. 28th of this month. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! :nutkick :goof

I agree on this date!!!

Let the a**kicking commense.

Prince Valiant
10-15-2003, 02:03 PM
I'll be there in a car I finnished....not my valiant but it looks like in the valcuda:thumbsup

Silver350
10-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Mil96cobra, I suggest that you walk away from this thread. If comments from you get stated in this thread in a negitive way towards any member I will Lock it. I am not singling you out but you are the one that started up with the Negative comments directed at a club member.

Sincerely,

97z2801ss
10-15-2003, 03:26 PM
Congratulations, Tony!
Your IQ score is 122

:goof

Milw96Cobra
10-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Scott, I disagree with you, that I was the one to start with the negative comments.

May I present Exhibit "A":
The 4th post in this thread, in reply to my thread where I simply stated I have taken other IQ tests before.

To which my reply was asking if he was trying to insult me.

If that's me instigating the negative comments, I'd like to know where the line is drawn, because it would seem to me that the line would be a very curved line indeed.

I present to you Exhibit "B":
Page 2 of the thread, 02Hawk's reply where he was insulting my best friend Matt for simply explaining, in a calm fasion, his prior IQ test results.

Now why did Matt deserve that treatment? Neither Matt nor myself started anything here. In it's simplest form. were replying to comments directed at us. I am not going to let my best friend get trash talked to, which is where my reply came in.

2KSS, I'm sorry, I can not remember your name off the top of my head right now, but I'm curious to which events you're referring to about my conduct "off" the board. Since when have I caused the slightest bit of problems? Aside from a casual joke here and there about GM's, which you casually joke back about Ford's. So I fail to see an issue there.

I will let you decide now, who really did start this? Is it that we're Mustang owners, in a predominatly GM club? Is that why we 'deserve' this insultingly poor treatment? Look at the facts gentleman, and then decide.

Prince Valiant
10-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Dude...

JUST,
GIVE,
UP!!!!

:rolleyes:

Milw96Cobra
10-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Whatever man,

I'm not looking for any apologies or anything here. All I want is for you to acknowledge the fact that I was not the one to start things.

What I AM curious about is 2KSS's comments about my conduct off the board. That I am very interested in what he has to say.

And with that, I walk away from this thread.

JohnnyT
10-15-2003, 04:31 PM
I'll talk to you face to face the next time I see you about my feelings regarding your on and off board conduct. I am not going to go into it all here on the forum. Just let me assure you, I am not the only one that has these issues. Just the only one that is voicing them at this time. Let's move on from this thread now...

Oh and my name is John.

Silver350
10-15-2003, 04:44 PM
I know John and the comment that he made I know that He didnt mean to start a Cat fight on the board. Its not John's style if he was going to insult you he would do it face to face. As for Ron. He was just makinging a statement. You got out of line with correcting his post and making personal attack. That is enough. Walk a way now from this topic or I will lock it down. We do not need any more stupid drama here on BCM. If you want to continue this debate with people do it using PM's.

97z2801ss
10-16-2003, 01:46 AM
Calm down ladies... These boards are supposed to be fun, not making people hate each other.lets all go :haveabeer

02hawk796
10-16-2003, 04:14 AM
Well, gee. I really didn't intend to start a swordfight. Seems like there has been some activity today, but the data at the bottom indicates we did not break the record for "most users online".

Let me clearly state that if any moderator wants to edit this post or any others of mine in this thread, I welcome the moderation and will not be offended in the least (this includes stangman, if he has the capability.)

Although I desire this thread to return to the topic I started, I am willing to let you all hear what my point of view is here.

If he chooses to argue back, that's his own perogative.

Who is arguing?

I think that everybody who wants to interact on this board should be able to, and I personally continue to welcome all who do. This board is moderated by guys (where's the wimmen?) of a variety of backgrounds and ownerships. Some include a Stang, a Valiant, a Front Wheel Drive, and even a guy who drives them truck thingies!
Not everybody thinks that everything I post is groovy, either. I can recall derogatory comments about my current ride not being a Camaro, not built in the U.S., not a roofed body, the wrong color, not driven in winter, not full-frame, and (some REALLY UPSET person) is NOT MODIFIED!! - the horror! Plus, I work the wrong days/hours. But who cares? I paid for mine, they're responsible for theirs, and we can all be freinds.

I cannot speak for ---(John), but he mentioned "nope" to your question, and anything I said was not a continuation of that exchange.
When Matt posted earlier, he included a :flipoff: followed by a :D if I'm not mistaken. I assumed this was intended as good-humored. A check of my posts will reveal that I rarely utilize the emoticons, but as a return of good-humor I pointedly inserted some smilies at the appropriate points to further this goal of humorous exchange. (while trying to razz him for getting off-topic.) I am not upset or offended by your comments, but debating them would be pointless- then and now. However, we should try to keep things civil while on a public forum. I have met you in person and don't have any problem, and I'm not aware of that which Tom speaks. I also enjoy visiting (in person) the guys at CPonyGo, and I think most of those guys drive Stangs. Between you and me (and Matt), let's just relax.

I would like to also point out that practically everybody who posted that they took this specific test had a score well over 100, and as a group was well beyond the standard deviation. By definition, half the population must score under 100, and half must score over IQ100. This would imply that either (1) this board is populated by a bunch of smart people, or (2) the specified test is skewed toward inflating the ego - which was the point of curiosity I had, which led to this thread. Even if #2 applies, #1 remains undeniable.

Aren't we all friends?
:banana :haveabeer :banana

02hawk796
10-16-2003, 05:10 AM
Btw, the next 29th my uppity SLP creation will be wheels down is April or May.
Let's not watch a Cobra beat my S-10 on Oct 29, and say we did.

And, yes, I am a member of Densa.:goof

And, Cobra, on your first post of this thread, you clearly stated that your scores were from different tests, and I gently steered you back on topic.
When Matt posted, he did not state that he was off-topic by referring to a different test. Can you understand the confusion that ensued?

JohnnyT
10-16-2003, 08:35 AM

I cannot speak for Tom, but he mentioned "nope" to your question, and anything I said was not a continuation of that exchange...

...and I'm not aware of that which Tom speaks...

Not to get this going again, but for the record that was me, not Tom. I have explained to Jon where I was coming from with my posts and am satisified with the result as I believe he is. Topic closed...

John T

jbiscuit
10-16-2003, 10:36 AM
wow I've been missing out on this thread...holy crap. I saw posts in here every day and I just thought you guys were arguing over which #2 pencile is better....graphite or non-graphite.

IQ geeks.:flipoff:

Little did I know it was this cool in here. Its like discovering that beer really is good stuff. HOLY COW is this fun.

BAD LS1
10-17-2003, 09:21 AM
haahahhha

113 lol HMMM NOT VERY SMART :goof

Tom B

02hawk796
10-17-2003, 04:20 PM
That's still above average, Tom. Did it seem accurate with the desription/analysis they gave after?

Who'd think this thread would have almost 900 views?
Thanks for participating and staying on topic Tom.

02hawk796
10-24-2003, 09:20 AM
I can't believe this went over 1,000 views. Dayum.

Yooformula
10-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Ron, this place is drama central:goof