PDA

View Full Version : ~ Nikola TESLA ~ Read/Watch you may find this very interesting !!!

awsomeears
04-06-2008, 11:31 PM
When I was going to MATC in 06 we watched a 30 min clip on Nikola TESLA, this is the man who created AC power. Not to mention AC motors, towers, infrared and wireless communications. All in the 1900s :wow

His dreams became reality, I mean if you really think about it its ******* nuts !!!!!

The videos are long but well worth it, there also pretty sad that such a creative and mind blowing person dies alone.

I couldn't find the exact video I watch :chair: but here are a few.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VisS6V5V-P8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPE7QD6qHOM&feature=related

List of Tesla patents:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tesla_patents

lordairgtar
04-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Awesomeness indeed. Man was a visionary. I found it interesting that he was OCD. If the supreme court acknowledged him as inventor of wireless technology and radio, why are we taught still about Edison and Marconi. I never knew of Tesla until the rock band chose his name as theirs.

PonyKiller87
04-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Awesomeness indeed. Man was a visionary. I found it interesting that he was OCD. If the supreme court acknowledged him as inventor of wireless technology and radio, why are we taught still about Edison and Marconi. I never knew of Tesla until the rock band chose his name as theirs.

Because in his time he was probably an outcast and though to be crazy. Think about how far out there his ideas must have been for someone that could barely fathom the idea of an electric light bulb. That and I'm sure politics had something to do with it. I wouldn't imagine he was the type to be a public figure, which left room for others like Edison to stand in the lime light.

Crawlin
04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
it was an awesome portrayal of him in the movie "The Prestige"

it was a small side role, but still cool to see all that stuff he was doing

Prince Valiant
04-07-2008, 03:38 PM
He was quite the eccentric and kind of looney...he's the guy I'd imagine all the James Bond 007 movies kind of had in mind for their "mad scientist" roles.

One of the things that did him in was his public battles with Eddison...Tesla lost the PR wars.

I loved one of his inventions that was purported to be capable of destroying the planet...a simple little oscilation device that was supposed to find the natural harmonics of an object, and thus help shake/vibrate it apart. What was great, was that mythbuster's tested this...and found that while doubtfull that it could shake/vibrate something apart, they could get a small, 5 lbs device to vibrate a full length span bridge!

Truly a genius, and quite possibly a mad genius.

lordairgtar
04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Could you have imagined if J.P. Morgan had not essentially black balled him, we would have free energy today? Ole JP wanted profits profits profits and control of the source.

Crawlin
04-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Captain Morgan? wait, oops wrong thread :)

nismodave
04-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Amazing man.

Thank you Nikola.

Reverend Cooper
04-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I like Tesla, Modern day cowboy is my fav.

really tho it was very informational and good to watch

Heat Seeker WS6
04-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Ohm, Kirchoff & Tesla have been very good to me
thanks guys!
:thumbsup