PDA

View Full Version : Flat tire story

lordairgtar
04-02-2008, 11:19 PM
I went out to the car today and saw the tire was flat. After the shop fixed the tire, they showed me what punctured the tire. A 5" long steel shaft about 5/8" diameter. It was some kind of machinery part, highly polished. Looked like a bit of machine tooling. The GF said, I ran over something last night on Woods Road. I says "and you didn't tell me this last night why?" I never seen anything like that taken out of a tire. Plus today, they started roofing the apartment building...shingle nails everywhere!

88Nightmare
04-02-2008, 11:28 PM
wow, 5/8th diameter punctured the tire? thats pretty thick, usually its a thin nail or a screw or somethin

WickedSix
04-02-2008, 11:30 PM
consider yourself lucky it could have been a sidewall and royally f-ed up the tire. Some people are magnets for road debris.....I had one customer that would have one tire a week with a slow leak..... myself i've had to replace one valve stem on my own tires and that was it (knock on wood) :thumbsup

88Nightmare
04-02-2008, 11:44 PM
knock on wood, ive never had a tire, valve stem, or leaky tire problem yet on the countless cars ive owned over the past few years :D

now im dreading the flat tire im gonna get tomorrow for sayin that....

lilws6
04-03-2008, 09:26 AM
^^^ same here

wrath
04-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Wisconsin has some serious shit on the roads. Nothing like seeing 3 tons of scrap dangling off a snowmobile trailer on its way to the scrap yard.

I've had more punctures living here since August than my entire life in Michigan. And that includes off-road punctures. Even including stupid shit like some fscker hitting my tire with my axe doesn't get me up to Cheeseheadland punctures.