PDA

View Full Version : Oconomowoc explosion

H8RADE
04-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Anyone live nearby?
I was at a client at 175 E. Washington 2 hours before the church and houses exploded a mile away.
For the record, I had nothing to do with it.

OCONOMOWOC - An explosion in the city's downtown demolished a church and damaged two nearby homes Wednesday.

The explosion happened at First Baptist Church at 301 W. Wisconsin Avenue.

Waukesha County Board Supervisor Kenneth Herro works a block away as a real estate agent and said he heard an explosion about 1:30 p.m. He and other workers walked right over.

"The church basically had disappeared and the only thing remaining was the steeple in the front," Herro said.

He smelled natural gas and ambulances were pulling away as he arrived, he said. One house on each side of the church was on fire, he said.

The explosion shook the downtown area, Herro said.

"We have really large windows, all the windows just kind of bowed out," he said.

The church is in a residential area, with Lake Lac La Belle beach across the street, Herro said.

We Energies spokesman Rick James confirmed the explosion and said the company had sent workers to the scene. He did not know whether it was a natural gas explosion or have other details yet, he said.

The explosion may have been caused when a service line was hit.

That_Guy
04-02-2008, 03:04 PM
i live just outside of town.. my brother called me and said he saw it happend.. he said he was about 3 city blocks away and he smelled egg rotting.."gas" and then he said there was a huge bag.. louder then anything he as ever heard. his car is currently blocked in so he cant leave..he cant tell if its been damaged or anything.. but he can see it and there is wood and crap laying all around it.

Nix
04-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I live in that are as well and I have ben hearing all about it while I have been listning to the Brewer game. Im actually about 8 miles away from there but still close. They said there are only 5 confirmed injuries and one of them was taken out by flight for life. Hopefully everyone is ok, I guess you can check TMJ 4's website cause they have some pics of the damage.

That_Guy
04-02-2008, 03:13 PM
I live in that are as well and I have ben hearing all about it while I have been listning to the Brewer game. Im actually about 8 miles away from there but still close. They said there are only 5 confirmed injuries and one of them was taken out by flight for life. Hopefully everyone is ok, I guess you can check TMJ 4's website cause they have some pics of the damage.

guy said that there were 4 guys who where in a trench when the shit hit the fan.. hopefully they are ok

Sexy83TA
04-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Wow, I live about a mile away from there. I woke up briefly from hearing something really loud but went right back to sleep.

That_Guy
04-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Wow, I live about a mile away from there. I woke up briefly from hearing something really loud but went right back to sleep.

yeah my brother said it would have woke the dead. it was so loud.

BAD LS1
04-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Anyone catch a glimps of the devil slinking away?

Cryptic
04-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Rick James works for WE Energies now?

H8RADE
04-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Rick James works for WE Energies now?

It's a celebration...bishes...
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/ChadFinn/RickJames.jpg

SmokinRAM114
04-02-2008, 04:52 PM
^ Lol

STANMAN
04-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Hold my drink bish. UNITY!!!!

WickedSix
04-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I have a friend who lives right across the street from the church ....... they haven't answered my call yet........I hope they weren't home......

That_Guy
04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
rick james brings the energy to the party

Nix
04-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I have a friend who lives right across the street from the church ....... they haven't answered my call yet........I hope they weren't home......

Not cool, I hope they are safe man.

TURTLE
04-02-2008, 06:31 PM
i was at work and heard a faint boom... then got 2 phone calls from people asking if i was ok... apparently they had to call in a lot of local fire/rescue help to get it under control...

and a lumberyard nearby was also on fire, i'm guessing because of some flying debris that was hot from the explosion...

as for the church, the only thing still standing is the bell-tower....

Syclone0044
04-02-2008, 11:45 PM
All you locals and no pics?? C'mon - Deggy Fresh set the bar pretty high with those up close photos of that car wreck burning down on I94....... :D

WickedSix
04-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Not cool, I hope they are safe man.

They just called back and they are fine. Something about not being able to drive down the street tho...

That_Guy
04-03-2008, 12:39 AM
All you locals and no pics?? C'mon - Deggy Fresh set the bar pretty high with those up close photos of that car wreck burning down on I94....... :D

ill take a few pictures.. my brothers car is ok. minus the crack in his windshield..

70challenger
04-03-2008, 01:01 AM
one of my good buddies lives right outside of oconomowac and i called him and i he was working four houses down (hes a plumber) and he said all the glass blew out of the house that he was working in. pretty carzy stuff, glad evrybodies ok.

Deggy
04-03-2008, 10:00 AM

At least someone enjoyed that. :thumbsup