10-07-2003, 01:17 AM
New to the area, look forward to cruising with the Brew City
Muscle crew.
Can anyone tell me where to find some 110 fuel near the
Brookfield area?

thanks...

A B4C Z
10-07-2003, 02:05 AM
I wanna say hales corners speed way? Possbily jet fuel. Anyone else know.

By the way SWEET car. Got to love the "Whistle" from the turbos on those cars.

Kyle

Yooformula
10-07-2003, 03:16 AM
Welcome aboard Whistlin..I am going to have to go with the Speedway I believe it is on hwy 100 in Hales Corners(next to Dodge dealer). I am almost positive they have 110 octane.:3gears:

SSmike1
10-07-2003, 07:54 AM
there is a gas station on S.76th & Lincoln ave, west allis,

south-east corner,

they are into racing, and have a (race gas) High octane pump for the public.

its been a while since i've been there tho.:3gears:

super bike mike

Neal Steffek
10-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by SSmike1
there is a gas station on S.76th & Lincoln ave, west allis,

south-east corner,

they are into racing, and have a (race gas) High octane pump for the public.

its been a while since i've been there tho.:3gears:

super bike mike

They do, but it is leaded, not unleaded.:(

Crawlin
10-07-2003, 06:00 PM
none that i know of sell unleaded race gas around here unless you are at Union Grove. You can order a 55gal drum i think to have at your house. Yoosof, is that place by you unleaded?

Chris

Prince Valiant
10-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 97 z Me Go
Possbily jet fuel. Your thinking aviation gas...jet fuel is basically diesel or kerosene (IE low octane) formulated to meet the particular demands of flight/altitude/lubrication of jet engines.

Syclone0044
10-07-2003, 07:19 PM
You can get unleaded 100 octane gas in Slinger at the pump at EH Wolf and Sons for $3.75-$4.00/gal. On a boosted car this isnt that much octane though, compared to 110+. Watch out for AVgas.. like AV100LL even though it says "Low Lead", Low is a relative term and it means low in comparison to other aviation fuels but in relation to automobile gasoline it's high in lead content so I wouldn't recommend wasting $ on the AVgas since its octane is not that high and its leaded to boot.

Best bet in my opinion is alcohol injection :) SMC makes a nice kit at www.smcenterprises.com. I ran race timing and 20 PSI to take my stock truck with stock turbo on pump gas to 12.3 @ 108 with alcohol injection. Its only recommended if you have the patience to really spend the time dialing it in because it can be a major PITA otherwise, certainly the opposite of pouring in race gas and "forgetting about it".

Josh

whistlin six
10-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the replies...
I work near Hales Corners so I'll check out the Speedway on
the way home. Leaded fuel is ok with me, I use a MaxEffort
chip that eliminates the oxygen sensor.
I don't drive the car all the time so I just leave it tuned to
kill mode and run 110 all the time.
I've done plenty of reading on the SMC alky injection and I'm
really tempted to try it right now, the 110 is expensive.
I figure the alky kit would cost me about 8 tankfulls of 110.

I'd sure miss the sweet smell of 110 in the morning:D

BadAzzGTA89
10-07-2003, 11:01 PM
How much more power could i expect from race fuel?

Knyghtmare
10-07-2003, 11:53 PM
I am told that its best to use the 110 race fuel in ratio with 93 octane... If so, whats the best ratio?

GRNDNL
10-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Corey Oil in North Lake has 110 leaded, pay at the pump but you have to pump it into a can (hose won't reach to a car). You can also buy it by the drum, I buy my 116 from them. When I drive my car on the street I run 110, Its about a buck more a gallon than that reformulated crap, I think its worth it

I've heard good things about both SMC and the Pro-Pain set-up, the only thing I don't like is its something else to tune, I have enough problems already...:rolleyes: If you don't drive the car much just run 110 and forget it.

Hmmm...With a ME we may have a player if he's pushing it...:thumbsup

Prince Valiant
10-08-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by BadAzzGTA89
How much more power could i expect from race fuel? Just putting it in, nothing...you may be worse off for using it too.

However using race fuel may allow to advance the timing further than you may otherwise gotten away with...still, you can only go so far.

Race gas is ideal for cars that generate very very high cylinder pressures, such as an N/A motor with very high CR (above 11:1), Turbo cars running very high boost, or even NOS gas. Advancing timing is a "poor-man's" way of generating higher clyinder pressure. Now we aren't talking about the static, "this is what I measure with a compression tester" type too...this is about the pressures seen with actual ignition of the air-fuel charge in the combustion chamber.

It's just a fuel that avoids pre-ignition (detonation) better than regular gas. Octane really is a measure of fuel resistance to ignite...the higher, the more resistance. (It's more complex, but that's the gist of it)

02hawk796
10-08-2003, 12:05 AM
I stopped by that place on Hwy 45/100, south of Forest Home (south edge of Hales Corners)
It was closed by 10pm. The good gas is leaded, on a seperate pump over by the diesel. it's $3.959/gal.
It's either 100 or 110 octane, since it was leaded, I don't remember which since the ***** cop pulled me over right away for looking at the pump.
It's a Phillips station.

What part of Brookfield you in? North Lake might be closer to you. That's on Hwy 83 north of I-94.

whistlin six
10-08-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Knyghtmare
I am told that its best to use the 110 race fuel in ratio with 93 octane... If so, whats the best ratio?

"You only need as much octane as you need" is what I was told
by a respected tuner. It depends on your combo, if you run high
timing or boost you need as much octane as it takes to prevent
engine knock, any more than that is of little benefit.
That's the way I understand it.

02hawk796
10-08-2003, 12:27 AM
I'm not an expert, but as I understand it, the higher octane is equal to a slower burn. For this reason, rotary engines require the lowest octane available.
For cylinder engines, this means the burn (detonation or explosion) continues for a longer range of the piston stroke. At some point, too high an octane will not improve anything - and it depends on the engine, obviously, as well as the length of it's stroke. Anybody disagree so far?
I understand that this is one reason Ferrarri makes many "very very large bore, very very short stroke" engines, so the lower octane does the job.
My car is unmodified and is rated at 345hp, and I detect a significant power increase from adding one 16oz bottle of that black "104+ Racing" octane booster, and more from 2 bottles. I don't know the dyno numbers. I know that other Firehawk owners declare increased power from 110 octane fuel, and that's from just "pouring it in". But using leaded fuel will require messing with those sensors.

12secondGTP
10-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Josh, you said there is a place in Slinger that sells 100 octane unleaded. That would be perfect for me since I cann't run leaded fuel. Where exactly is this place in Slinger? Thanks

Brent

number1
10-08-2003, 11:38 AM
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/octanebooster.html

Use at own expense.

02hawk796
10-08-2003, 10:53 PM
The name of that place in Hales Corners is "John's 66 Mart"
Apparently open til 10.