PDA

View Full Version : little advice needed.

Flicktitty
04-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey guys/gals.

i'm looking for some advice.

My sister just told me my Grandpa past away this morning. :( I'm taking it pretty well but i haven't seen my dad yet (it was his dad) when his Mom past away i was maybe 5? so i didn't know what to do and now being 21 i'm closer to my dad but i still don't know what to do?

Should i give him his space? or should i be there? or what?

juicedimpss
04-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey guys/gals.

i'm looking for some advice.

My sister just told me my Grandpa past away this morning. :( I'm taking it pretty well but i haven't seen my dad yet (it was his dad) when his Mom past away i was maybe 5? so i didn't know what to do and now being 21 i'm closer to my dad but i still don't know what to do?

Should i give him his space? or should i be there? or what?

call him and see how he is doing.

then make sure you go see him tonite,even if its just for a short time.

Flicktitty
04-01-2008, 12:36 PM

Thanks Ron, And i actually still live with him, so i will see him either way. But thanks. i'll give him a call.

DSMDuDE
04-01-2008, 12:40 PM
My gma passed last month.. my dads mom.. i gave him all the support i could.. and was there when he needed it... pretty much all you can do. Be there for him and your family..

juicedimpss
04-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks Ron, And i actually still live with him, so i will see him either way. But thanks. i'll give him a call.

and sorry to hear about your families loss flick.
RIP

That_Guy
04-01-2008, 12:44 PM

agreed........

stowsea
04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
oh man nick im sorry to hear that, tell your dad im sorry for his loss, how are you doing with it.

Smokey1226
04-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear that nick.

Deggy
04-01-2008, 01:37 PM
sorry to hear about your loss bud.

just give your dad the support he is gonna need in this rough time.
i know how it is...my dad lost his step-father who was more like a real father to him back in 1998, it was rough for him.

Want_Notch
04-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Sorry for your families loss Flick.

88Nightmare
04-01-2008, 03:04 PM
flick, its been said plenty, but I too am sorry to hear the news, its rough losing a family member. Its tough to say what to do to help your dad. He may or may not show if he wants someone there for him or not, he may let his pride block that, but at least be around, or make yourself accessible to him if he wants to call ya or sit down and talk with ya.

My friends father passed away a few weeks ago. His dad was only 54. I went to the funeral and it was very very sad, he was a very well liked man. Hopefully you are able to attend your grandfathers funeral.

michelle
04-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I know when my dad's father passed away, he did not take it very well. It was very unexpected, so that didn't make things any better, plus my dad was at the Runoffs National Championship at Mid-Ohio and his father was living in Florida.

Just spend some extra time with him doing what he enjoys. Depending on the type of guy he is, he may not like talking about it, but may enjoy the company of family.

Good luck and my best goes out to your family.

Flicktitty
04-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks alot everyone. I'll keep some of that in mind.

LIZMO
04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
&& give him a great big bear hug. im sure hed like that.! :)

Cryptic
04-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Your dad probably has alot to take care of, try to take some tasks off his hands. Do stuff around the house, bring/cook him lunch or dinner, etc..

When my mom died, I was so over whelmed with decisions/responsibilities. Everyone in the family was looking to me for answers. Take care of whatever you can so he doesn't have to worry about it. A person can forget to take care of themselves when having to deal with everything else.

GRAMPS SS
04-01-2008, 11:08 PM
sorry to hear about your loss flickster.....just be there for your dad....i lost all my family early in life....i just have my brothers, but what i remember is we were there for my mom when my dad died...just knowing that your there is enough for your dad...there will be i time when he will want to talk,.....be there for him ......thats all i can give ya....

R.I.P. NICKS GRANDPA

OxmanWI
04-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. When my gma (mothers side) passed a while back my Mother took it really hard. Best thing to do is support him in any way you can. A simple hug can do wonders in times like that. Take care!

HY35F2T
04-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Like said b4 if your dad is the "talkative"type be there if not do like they said do some stuff around the house. he dosent like doing chorse shit like that.When my dad isnt really "social" show feelings but i hung out with him.Watched sports shit with him stuff like that cuz then he talk to me about my grandpa's life,being in the war,his job shit like that.