PDA

View Full Version : Paging STI/Sube owners...

Flicktitty
03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
My brother just bought a 2005 Subaru Wrx STI.

and he was wondering what kind of "tips" he can get when it comes to the IC sprayer and the Differantial controller.

Also do you need to buy a Whole new trunk to run a wrx wing or can you remove the stock sti wing and have the wrx wing bolt right onto it?

Thanks - Nick

LIZMO
03-31-2008, 06:43 PM
post pics! i know you took some already.

Flicktitty
03-31-2008, 06:49 PM
no pic's yet, cars too dirty :(

LIZMO
03-31-2008, 07:02 PM
he would buy a dirty car. id be like clean that sh*t

Flicktitty
03-31-2008, 07:08 PM
he would buy a dirty car. id be like clean that sh*t

haha, car was clean but to drive it in the rain from madison it looks "dirty"

sloLs1
03-31-2008, 08:07 PM
subieeeeeeeeee ruuuuuuuuu... what color???

HP ADDICT
03-31-2008, 09:37 PM
You cannot bolt on a wrx wing there will be like 20 extra holes plus the sti trunk springs will catapult the lil wrx wing when you open it. Intercooler sprayer can be rigged to spray at certain boost levels continually. Not worth the time imo. Differential setting-leave it alone its great in auto unless your toying around. Launches the best in auto imo. Best mod downpipe and dyno tune.

boostaddict14
03-31-2008, 10:42 PM
cobb that thang

DSMDuDE
03-31-2008, 11:01 PM
Damn Flick.. He finally bought something sweet! cant wait to see it around town.. Maybe he'll lemme take it for a spin :)

Ill let him drive the talon heh

Flicktitty
03-31-2008, 11:04 PM
subieeeeeeeeee ruuuuuuuuu... what color???

2005 Sti Black. 20K on the clock paid just over 20 for it out the door.

You cannot bolt on a wrx wing there will be like 20 extra holes plus the sti trunk springs will catapult the lil wrx wing when you open it. Intercooler sprayer can be rigged to spray at certain boost levels continually. Not worth the time imo. Differential setting-leave it alone its great in auto unless your toying around. Launches the best in auto imo. Best mod downpipe and dyno tune.

Thanks man, i'll most likey jump on some subaru forums and look for a black wrx trunk then. How much louder is a aftermarket DP on them compaired to stock?

Damn Flick.. He finally bought something sweet! cant wait to see it around town.. Maybe he'll lemme take it for a spin :)

Ill let him drive the talon heh

He might, he just got it tonight so i'm sure you'll see him out in it. i think i converted him to the darkside... :devil

HP ADDICT
04-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Ehh the down pipe won't make it much louder. If you do a downpipe you must tune it. Get a older accessport for like 300 and then a custom tune with it at P&L 300whp easy.

Flicktitty
04-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Thanks man, i'll have to tell him to look into that. he doesn't want the car loud. as he has a 1 year old daughter and is a cop, so cant be hot rodding around too bad in a sube lol

Poncho
04-01-2008, 01:02 AM
can you set it to like full RWD?

jbiscuit
04-01-2008, 07:48 AM
nasioc.com is your friend. Welcome to the Subie Clan. They are GREAT cars. Tell him to plan his mods out slowly and save up and buy GOOD parts. Cobb, Perrin, Invidia, etc all make high quality stuff.

Flicktitty
04-01-2008, 12:29 PM
i jumped on there a little bit last night,

Sube people seem alot nicer then alot of other car people. i don't think the car is gonna get much for mods. it's just gonna be very well taken care of sube.

jbiscuit
04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
good call. Use nasioc anytime you have a question. TONS of knowledge on that site....PLUS t3h OT (Off Topic) section is one of the best on the net as far as entertainment value.

scobaru
04-03-2008, 06:47 PM
woo another subie fellow. the milwaukee guys usually meet up every Tuesday, its been lacking lately. I usually set up a few subie meets in gurnee for the milwaukee guys to meet up with the chicago guys.

dr doom
04-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Theres a cruise to P&L Motorsports in chicago next weekend.

P&L Motorsports Dyno Day April 12th
First come first serve. First 15 cars to get there and register. 3 pulls for $65. This is also a "Hey it's spring time get together" You do not have to be there for a Dyno you can do as I am just going to see new faces and new Subbies!!!! Chi-Town Subbies any excuse for a party or show their rides

This event is not limited to Subarus!!! ALL makes and models will be excepted on the Dyno you just have to beat all the Subbies to the door