PDA

View Full Version : Need Motorcycle Help

Cutlass Queen
03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Okay guys so I need some help on a part for my motorcycle I'm looking at buying. I dont like how high my pegs are on my bike, it gets really uncomfortable after riding it for a while. I was looking on Dennis Kirk and found a peg relocator set but I have no experience with these whatsoever. This is a kit that would relocate my pegs right or am I wrong? I would think it is as the title states lol. Anyone have any experience with these? Know anything about them on installing them, and if they get the job done? It's a hefty price for the kit so I wanna make sure it's what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Deana

Breecher_7
03-31-2008, 06:58 PM
What kind of bike, odds are there are adjustable rear-sets available. Factory shift/brake levers suck...

Cutlass Queen
03-31-2008, 07:13 PM
What kind of bike, odds are there are adjustable rear-sets available. Factory shift/brake levers suck...

2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R

A rear set wouldn't work for front pegs would it though? I like my bike but I hate how the damn pegs are placed for the rider

Breecher_7
03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Rear-sets are your front pegs......

Breecher_7
03-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Gilles makes a nice set for that bike. Ive ran gilles on my track bikes for years, by far the best made.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Gilles_Tooling_Rearsets_Kawasaki_ZX6R--15-GIL-7.html

Crawlin
03-31-2008, 08:28 PM
aftermarket rearseats = mandatory on all sportbikes IMO

always had 'em on mine. helped with my longer legs

Cutlass Queen
03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
How easy are they to install on a bike? They are a lot more comfortable I take it?

Breecher_7
03-31-2008, 10:14 PM
They bolt right on, shouldnt take 10 mins.....

lilws6
03-31-2008, 11:08 PM
i've been looking into a set for my gsxr as well yea it should be a 10 min. project unbold old set rebolt in new set and i think swap the shift lever and your done

Cutlass Queen
03-31-2008, 11:11 PM
i've been looking into a set for my gsxr as well yea it should be a 10 min. project unbold old set rebolt in new set and i think swap the shift lever and your done

What ones are you looking at? So far I'm thinking Protek billet aluminum rearset from Dennis Kirk for about $250

Breecher_7
04-01-2008, 05:43 AM
What ones are you looking at? So far I'm thinking Protek billet aluminum rearset from Dennis Kirk for about $250

junk......

Gilles is the only way to go unless you want somthing that is going to have loose levers and is made cheaply. Your feet go on these and they control the bike, dont cheap out.

Cutlass Queen
04-01-2008, 10:45 AM
junk......

Gilles is the only way to go unless you want somthing that is going to have loose levers and is made cheaply. Your feet go on these and they control the bike, dont cheap out.

I'm not cheaping out, I'm just stating that this was all I found so far. Are there any other brands besides Gilles that is good quality?

Breecher_7
04-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Vortex makes decent ones, make sure you get the bearing version of them. Gilles and Vortex are really the only ones id trust.

Cutlass Queen
04-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Looking closer at the Gilles brand I think I may go with them for the extra cost. They look a lot nicer compared to the other ones I've been looking at. Thanks guys!

lit666
04-01-2008, 01:15 PM
pffft you should save your money and buy the nawwwwzz that bike is going to need to keep up.

Cutlass Queen
04-01-2008, 01:21 PM
pffft you should save your money and buy the nawwwwzz that bike is going to need to keep up.

bring it chris....bring it on

:rolf

Breecher_7
04-01-2008, 01:39 PM
You will not be let down. Gilles is top quality.

cannonball
04-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I just put a set of titanium colored Gilles rearsets and blue gilles chain adjusters on my 00 RC51. The stuff is top shelf brotha, you will luv em! I would post a pic but I cant figure this site out for posting pics.

lilws6
04-01-2008, 08:57 PM
where is a place online that sells these or do i go straight to the manufacture?

Cutlass Queen
04-01-2008, 09:18 PM
where is a place online that sells these or do i go straight to the manufacture?

Go to the website Breecher posted earlier in this thread...they're about $450 but look way nicer than the ones I was looking at

cannon if u upload them to a photobucket account its much easier to post them, I'd like to see some pics of the titanium cuz that's the color I'd be interested in getting.

Cutlass Queen
04-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Okay so I bought the Vortex rearset, went to install them just now and there's no place on the bracket to mount the brake signal switch (i think that is it). I went online now to look at Gilles rearset and it looks like they have a spot for me to mount it.

I'm new to this, but do all rearsets not allow you to have the factory setup with the brake lights still :confused