PDA

View Full Version : Rant

Silver03SRT
03-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Im going to start off by saying work sucks. I have worked at the same company for 3 years now and I have always worked long hours and devoted myself to the company. After working 55 hours last week and 60 hours the week before I told my boss that I want to get out of there after 9 hours today and he asked if I could do a delivery at the end of the day I said sure. (we are a smaller shop) so I told him that tomorrow I need to leave at 4:30 to pick up my boat and wednesday I need to leave no later than 4 because I am going to KY for a fishing tournament. Just to let you know I come in at 6 every day. Then he snaps on me saying so you cant work any overtime at all this week. I said well yes I can but only until the hours I told you. He then gets all pissy and says fine screw everyone else hey just make them work harder. I said I have no control over that. I dont do the hiring. So then the owner of the company calls me on my cell phone and asks me whats going on and I told him and then he said well I will email you later. Im just sick of going above and beyond what I am suppose to and get treated like crap still. I just posted my resume on monster.com so we will see what happens. BTW I am the design manager and they have me doing everything which I dont mind but it puts my work in my dept. behind. Grrrrrrr. Sorry had to say something.

That_Guy
03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Im going to start off by saying work sucks. I have worked at the same company for 3 years now and I have always worked long hours and devoted myself to the company. After working 55 hours last week and 60 hours the week before I told my boss that I want to get out of there after 9 hours today and he asked if I could do a delivery at the end of the day I said sure. (we are a smaller shop) so I told him that tomorrow I need to leave at 4:30 to pick up my boat and wednesday I need to leave no later than 4 because I am going to KY for a fishing tournament. Just to let you know I come in at 6 every day. Then he snaps on me saying so you cant work any overtime at all this week. I said well yes I can but only until the hours I told you. He then gets all pissy and says fine screw everyone else hey just make them work harder. I said I have no control over that. I dont do the hiring. So then the owner of the company calls me on my cell phone and asks me whats going on and I told him and then he said well I will email you later. Im just sick of going above and beyond what I am suppose to and get treated like crap still. I just posted my resume on monster.com so we will see what happens. BTW I am the design manager and they have me doing everything which I dont mind but it puts my work in my dept. behind. Grrrrrrr. Sorry had to say something.

i have my resume on monster and i get roughly 3 calls every week for phone interviews and what not.. ive yet to get a job offer for what im worth.:rolf