PDA

View Full Version : POWER PROBE III Circuit Tester

oneslowcamino
03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
I am getting ready to order some more tools from Matco and this power probe caught my eye. Does anybody have one of theses? Worth the money or not?

oneslowcamino
03-31-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.matcotools.com/Catalog/toolcatalog.jsp?cattype=T&cat=2264&select=&page=4

BoosTT
03-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Seams a bit expensive for what it is. Fluke makes the best multimeters (check ebay). I think one of the clamp on meters would be better, so you don't have to splice wires. But, this is coming from an electrical engineer and not a mechanic, so im not sure if the 20 foot leads would be that much of a benefit to ofset the cost.

95mustang302
03-31-2008, 05:31 PM
worth the money for sure...

My buddy has one and uses it every day and can do some fun things with it when trying to test circuits...

lordairgtar
03-31-2008, 06:16 PM
I use Fluke at work, you can always make your own leads.

88camaro
03-31-2008, 06:51 PM
i use mine all the time makes working on car as far electrical part. One is that i would see if you can get it from snap-on i think is a few bucks cheaper.

A B4C Z
03-31-2008, 06:55 PM
GET IT. So worth it. Its like idiot proof. You cant really break or blow anything up cause it has a built in circit braker. And its awsome for testing window motors and other stuff of course. Its for sure a life saver beats swapping a test light <power>ground<power> ground just push the button the other way instead.

oneslowcamino
03-31-2008, 07:49 PM
I think I will have to pick this thing up. I was kind of worried about how safe it would be to use but it sounds like it should be fine. Also is it pretty easy to back probe with? I will most likely pick it up from Matco because that is where I get the biggest student discount, but I will ask my snap on rep. As far as the Fluke I plan on getting a Fluke 88 a little bit later on.