PDA

View Full Version : Showtime: Ameican Drug Wars

Russ Jerome
03-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Really worth recording!

The truth really is scarier than fiction, speechless after watching
it. Your government dollars going right where you always thought
they were........in the pocket of "the man".

Karps TA
03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
As if I needed more reasons to get upset. I caught the last half hour, now watching the beginning.

You can see it here on the web
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7089575692716747795

Al
03-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Drugs are bad. M'kay.

Al
03-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Watch minute 27 when they prove the sheriff wrong! :rolf

Al
03-31-2008, 02:36 AM
I watched the whole thing. WOW that was cool!!!!

I liked that part about Amsterdam where the Sheriff was talking about walking over people. Hahahahahahaa!

My conspiracy about big brother is getting stronger. It also makes me want to work for him more than ever. Ya know, I always thought it would be so much cooler to be the bad guy in Star Wars than being a Jedi. Dark Side FTW!!!

05caddyext
03-31-2008, 10:02 AM
There is a good quote in the movie "American Gangster" with Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington about the war on drugs. Crowe says:

Sometimes I don't think they really want to the war on drugs to end. IT EMPLOYS to many people. Cops, lawyers, prosecutors, jails, etc.

It's obvious they don't want the drug trade to end. Last year for example, Afghanistan, a country WE have a war taking place in, was the worlds largest producer of Opium. You don't think we could burn those fields to the ground with a few bombs?

We know where the drugs come from, how they get here, where they go. They always say well we want to get the supplier, meanwhile it takes years for them to build a case on a handful of guys. By the time they make the bust, the next guy in line just takes over the next day and nothing ever stops. If they really want to stop the drugs, they would stop the use. They don't bust people for use, they use them for snitches. If you started to round up all the people who use the drugs, even temporarily, the demand would dramatically drop.

The "war" on drugs will never stop. All it is is a giant slushfund just like hundreds of other government programs. Money is funneled a million times over through them and everyone becomes dirty. At the end of "American Gangster" the main boss, Denzel, ends up getting only 15 years in prison. He was responsible for the death of thousands of citizens who used his drugs, and over 70% of the New York drug unit was on his payroll. $$$. Thats the bottom line.

oneslowcamino
03-31-2008, 07:44 PM
That movie really make you think a little bit about the war on drugs, but that video was pretty one sided.

Russ Jerome
03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
My conspiracy about big brother is getting stronger. It also makes me want to work for him more than ever.

With the numbers they threw around, we could grab a billion dollars
from that Government drug payroll and nobody would miss it!

Best quote for me was that legislator, a former California resident.
Something about actualy making money off legalizing and taxing
weed, would save BILLIONS per year or some goofy monetary figure.

Unreal all the former government employees who say the big machine
is just there to make money, dont care how many inner city kids
die "cleansing" the streets....sounds more like Milw not the Fed Gov.

Flight_740
03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
I ask this:

Why is marijuana not legal and liqour is????

Tax it. I don't care.

Come on People!! You have all smoked pot. Did you ever feel like you wanted to do something that was going to get you in trouble while you were stoned? I bet you even did the speed limit.

oneslowcamino
03-31-2008, 10:05 PM
I ask this:

Why is marijuana not legal and alchohal is????

Tax it. I don't care.

Come on People!! You have all smoked pot. Did you ever feel like you wanted to do something that was going to get you in trouble while you were stoned? I bet you even did the speed limit.

I was always told that it was because alcohol is social accepted and weed is not.

Flight_740
03-31-2008, 10:12 PM
I was always told that it was because alcohol is social accepted and weed is not.

Amazing how the government tells you this.

Bottom line is: Cut the liqour out. Smoke more pot. Have less crime.:thumbsup:rolf

But..............

This won't work for the government. They want the crime to increase the cash flow.

05caddyext
03-31-2008, 10:58 PM
The only problem with the thoery they use that "hard" drugs such as cocaine and heroin causing far less deaths than alcohol is that it's not a apples to apples comparison. Alcohol is legal and very easy to get wether you are 21 or not. Of course it's going to cause a lot more deaths than a drug that is illegal. If cocaine was legal, there would be A LOT more deaths than there are now because it would be easier to get. I know its probably not hard to get now, but how many people do you actually know that are willing to risk getting caught to go buy some? If you could buy it at Walmart like alcohol, the death rate of it would also rise.

Is anyone really surprised that the war on drugs is just a "front?" The government wastes money on everything. For instance, after a shuttle mission, they clean the windows on the shuttle for hundreds, if not thousands of hours. What good is it to keep building the international space station? By the time its finished, the first sections will need to be upgraded to meet the technology of the newer pieces. It's like the Hubble telescope. How many hundreds of millions of dollars have they spent on taking pictures of $hit? Spend that money here first. Want health care? Stop spending hundreds of billions of dollars a year on Mars rovers and foreign oil.