PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement:

STANMAN
03-30-2008, 12:34 PM
I see lots of people on here talking about Gander Mountain (bashing and good), so I thought I would throw this out. Their used guns are priced right at the most current Blue Book of gun values price according to the associate that initially inspected the gun when it came in, so there are some good deals to be had, as one associate may appraise something at 60%, when the gun is closer to 80%. Also remember that when trading in a gun, they are going to give you 15% LESS than current Blue Book. This is to warrenty and inspect the fire arm, with cushion in for profit and to fix anything that's broken. While working there a few years ago we had an associate take in a Armscor O/U and price it as a Browning, lol. I am sure THAT customer was happy, getting about $875 for a $400 gun! So, that's that. Look for deals, and if you need to sell a gun, make sure they are qouting it correctly, unless it's in your favor, then keep your mouth shut and take the cash!!!

UnderPSI
03-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Just to add..... I have the 2008 edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values if anyone needs to know what they should expect to get for their guns.
I am always buying use firearms if you guys want to sell:D

84hurst
03-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Just bought my Stoeger 2000 there today. I'm happy so far. The guy knew what he was talking about, I got a good deal and a bunch of free stuff with the purchase. I'd buy another gun from them. Gander MTN FTW!!! :thumbsup

Rocket Power
03-30-2008, 05:27 PM
They need more gunsmith training. A guy behind the counter told me they don't buy "assault rifles" Like SKS's:rolleyes: or even the AR-15's they sell because the smiths don't know what to look for. Kinda scary.:goof

I used to work in the G.M. firearms warehouse in Wilmot, back in 94. I picked,palleted and took them to the dock to be shipped to the stores. The outlet store was the best:headbang

STANMAN
03-31-2008, 01:38 PM
They need more gunsmith training. A guy behind the counter told me they don't buy "assault rifles" Like SKS's:rolleyes: or even the AR-15's they sell because the smiths don't know what to look for. Kinda scary.:goof

I used to work in the G.M. firearms warehouse in Wilmot, back in 94. I picked,palleted and took them to the dock to be shipped to the stores. The outlet store was the best:headbang

It's actually a company policy to not buy any "assault weapons". I think they WILL buy AR's now, but not SKS's or AK's, the resale just isn't there.