PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever go after a deadbeat e-bay bidder?

RCN4HIM
03-30-2008, 07:29 AM
Here's my deal, I sold a truck on e-bay, a guy from Illinios wins the auction after 37 bids on the truck.

After 3 weeks the guy makes no deposit, no returned e-mails, I got his phone number from another item he was selling and no returned phone calls. On monday I told the guy I'd give him 3 more days to respond, if not I'd give him negative feedback.

So on Thursday I leave negative feedback and the guy has the gall to give me negative feedback the same day saying I'm a scammer, the truck was not as described, beware, caution etc.....? The guy never seen the truck:fire

I have his name and number and address in I'll. I'm more upset about him messing with my feedback than I am about him not buying the truck!

BTW I sold the truck locally, but I have no faith in e-bay because last year I had someting similar happen, opened a dispute, and e-bay did nothing!

SSDude
03-30-2008, 07:42 AM
You still want to report it. Explain the whole thing and get the negative chit removed from your feedback.

UnderPSI
03-30-2008, 07:59 AM
You can explain his feedback in your feedback profile. And remember, it's just ebay. If you only have one negative feedback, and you have an explanation, people won't care.

Yooformula
03-30-2008, 11:10 AM
can you still respond to feedback? I know before you could leave a final response that people could see and he couldnt respond to. Filing something with ebay takes like 30 days for it to clear, I have filed like 4 times and always had a good outcome from it.

Voodoo Chick
03-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Sometimes you end up dealing with the scummiest losers on ebay.....I think damn near everyone has had it happen at least once......