PDA

View Full Version : Black STi and white/green bike downtown

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 06:24 PM
This was all just after 5:30.

I stopped at the light at Kilbourn and 6th and there was a white/green crotch rocket (FZR?) behind me and to the left and a black STi (03-05?) behind me. Light turned green and I pulled in front of the car to my left and the STi went BLASTING past me before we even got across the street.

He continued accelerating through the tunnel and then the bike followed. But that tunnel is ALWAYS wet and the guy on the bike had to slow down. I thought he was going to crash because he was inches from the tunnel wall.

Caught up to the STi at the ramp light and he sped off again, didn't see him after that.

Subaru sounded great, kind of an asshat driver though. I might've tried to run him if I was in the Mustang and there wasn't so much traffic.

Deggy
03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
This was all just after 5:30.

I stopped at the light at Kilbourn and 6th and there was a white/green crotch rocket (FZR?) behind me and to the left and a black STi (03-05?) behind me. Light turned green and I pulled in front of the car to my left and the STi went BLASTING past me before we even got across the street.

He continued accelerating through the tunnel and then the bike followed. But that tunnel is ALWAYS wet and the guy on the bike had to slow down. I thought he was going to crash because he was inches from the tunnel wall.

Caught up to the STi at the ramp light and he sped off again, didn't see him after that.

Subaru sounded great, kind of an asshat driver though. I might've tried to run him if I was in the Mustang and there wasn't so much traffic.

You wanted to race an STi in your 5.0? He would of walked ALLLLLL over you. :chair:

C'mon slickydicky, you've been drinking that crazy juice haven't ya? :alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 06:34 PM
If it was stock besides the exhaust I might give him something to worry about. STis aren't great roll racers.

GRAMPS SS
03-28-2008, 06:38 PM
^^^^WHO ROLL RACES.......come on .....

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 06:39 PM
PEOPLE WITH NO TRACTION......come on .....

hell if I'm rolling along in second gear and step on it the car starts fish tailing, open diff and all.

Deggy
03-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Roll races are for pussies. :nutkick

I have a FWD and I still think a roll race proves nothing.

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah but you have a slow FWD, so there really isn't much science behind launching the thing.in other words, you don't gain anything by roll racing.

I'll quit my bitching and start talking real drag racing once I get an axle and some tires.

For now I'll blame it on lack of driver ability.

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah but you have a slow FWD, so there really isn't much science behind launching the thing.in other words, you don't gain anything by roll racing.

I'll quit my bitching and start talking real drag racing once I get an axle and some tires.

For now I'll blame it on lack of driver ability.

I drive a slow FWD car for now. :devil By July I'm hoping things will be a lot different.

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:09 PM
If it was stock besides the exhaust I might give him something to worry about. STis aren't great roll racers.

I don't know what you have done to your 5.0 but a sti with exhaust will OWN you from a roll unless you got some mods.

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 08:16 PM
I don't know what you have done to your 5.0 but a sti with exhaust will OWN you from a roll unless you got some mods.
You think so? I dunno, what do they generally run in the quarter, low 14s? A decent bit of that is in the 60'. If I could drive I'd be looking for high 14s out of my car. I'd be interested to find out if I could do anything against one, at any rate.

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:16 PM

:thumbsup

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 08:17 PM
I drive a slow FWD car for now. :devil By July I'm hoping things will be a lot different.
Gonna have it pulled apart in the middle of the summer? I'm hoping to wait until fall to throw a new engine/axle at mine. You gonna do the work yourself or have a shop do it?

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Gonna have it pulled apart in the middle of the summer? I'm hoping to wait until fall to throw a new engine/axle at mine. You gonna do the work yourself or have a shop do it?

Me and some people I know are doing the work. They are GM certified techs..

PM me if you want some details...i don't mind sharing.

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Bone stock 13.4 roughly. I have a sti with exhaust if you want to see how you would stack up.

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Bone stock 13.4 roughly. I have a sti with exhaust if you want to see how you would stack up.

Call out!!!!! Whoooooo

from a dig, no roll racing.

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:28 PM
He will not want it from the dig lol

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:29 PM
He will not want it from the dig lol

Okay...well I wanna see one from a dig, and one from a roll. I'll bring the video camera.

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:30 PM
When?

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:32 PM
When?

Saturday night? I'm down to watch a quick race or too. I'm riding with you in the STi tho. Ain't trying to get sick from the smell of burning oil. :goof

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Saturday night? I'm down to watch a quick race or too. I'm riding with you in the STi tho. Ain't trying to get sick from the smell of burning oil. :goof
lol yeah it's pretty bad, especially when it's cold. It's fun pulling out in front of douchebags in their Priuses and throwing a smoke cloud at them though.

I can't travel out of Mequon to race anybody right now because my cooling fan isn't wired. I'd do a roll up/down 43 out by Mequon though if you wanted. Probably the safest place to do it, imo.

Otherwise it'll have to wait until I get the fan wired up and start taking it to meets and stuff. For money or just for kicks?

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah I could accomodate that.

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Slick, you down?

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Well that sat part. I dunno about this mequon thing. Thats alot of work lol. I live over by the zoo so thats a haul. Relay, switch working fan done.

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Well lets meet somewhere mid way...i am closer to you. I sure Slick won't mind driving a little bit for a quick race.

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Fine.

slickwilly
Well that sat part. I dunno about this mequon thing. Thats alot of work lol. I live over by the zoo so thats a haul. Relay, switch working fan done.
Yeah I went and poked around with it for a while tonight but I don't know **** about electrical stuff. I even have a Mustang manual and couldn't figure it out. The fan and switch are there and wired, but the fan needs power (battery's in the trunk). It doesn't have a relay either (at least that I can see), and that would further confuse me.

If I come down your way wanna help me wire the fan up and then we can race? :D I'll throw you some bucks for your time.

Deggy
Now we just gotta make sure Slickydicky is down for a race...

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Well lets meet somewhere mid way...i am closer to you. I sure Slick won't mind driving a little bit for a quick race.
Distance doesn't bother me except for the fact that I can't get more than 10-15 minutes without the check engine light coming on. 5.0s steam up pretty quick without a fan.

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Distance doesn't bother me except for the fact that I can't get more than 10-15 minutes without the check engine light coming on. 5.0s steam up pretty quick without a fan.

I'll get with the fan, if HP will help too...

I wanna see a race now..lol

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I can take a look at it probably. I am not the greatest but could jerry rig that shit, but I dont think you would want that if its the switch or relay that you could just swap. Have you given the fans a 12v source just to make sure they work?

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:47 PM
I work until 4 then gym until 6. You guys should fix it then pm me or somthing tomorrow. I am not very serious about racing but seems like a fun way to get the other daily driver out.

GRAMPS SS
03-28-2008, 08:48 PM
can we side bet....my cash is on HP......

Deggy
03-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I work until 4 then gym until 6. You guys should fix it then pm me or somthing tomorrow. I am not very serious about racing but seems like a fun way to get the other daily driver out.

Ill let ya know. Im not doing shit all day.. Ill shoot ya a PM

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 08:51 PM
I can take a look at it probably. I am not the greatest but could jerry rig that shit, but I dont think you would want that if its the switch or relay that you could just swap. Have you given the fans a 12v source just to make sure they work?
No I haven't, I should do that.

The switch has two attachment points for the wires, where the wires to the fans are hooked up. Would I just take a single power wire from the power source and split it to the two points on the switch or just one?

HP ADDICT
03-28-2008, 08:56 PM
I am sure one is a ground. I would unhook the wires from the switch totally and jump em. I am sure it will work either way.

slickwilly
03-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Right now it looks like this, doesn't appear that either is grounded. Argh, I hate trying to figure out where other people left off.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/pyropizzle22/fans.jpg

WilliamZ
03-29-2008, 10:09 AM
This thread is funny. So a Mustang that is broke and smokey vs Randy's STI? What's the point? Oh and it's gotta be in Mequon because the car is broke. Bwahahahahahahah

slickwilly
03-29-2008, 12:29 PM
The Mustang isn't broke, damnit! :mad: she runs pretty good, imo.

spindler27
03-29-2008, 02:17 PM

if it was stock it still traps over 100mph

SlowStee
03-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I have a sti with exhaust if you want to see how you would stack up.

Just exhaust huh? :banana1:

SpdRcrZ
03-30-2008, 09:58 PM
some peoples kids...... lol. If the cavi was still in one piece, I'd run the STI ;)

HP ADDICT
03-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Id still have somthing for the cavi. The sti is the slow daily driver.

HP ADDICT
03-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Just exhaust huh? :banana1:

Ok exhaust and a short ram...they say cai's dont even work on these newfangled sti thingys:goof

SpdRcrZ
03-31-2008, 09:30 PM
The Cavi was the daily driver too! Thats how it ended up with a rocket in the back seat :crying

HP ADDICT
03-31-2008, 09:39 PM
A rocket? My other car could be daily driven but the STi is way more economical.

CannotPost
04-01-2008, 08:14 AM
I can't travel out of Mequon to race anybody right now because my cooling fan isn't wired.

Otherwise it'll have to wait until I get the fan wired up and start taking it to meets and stuff. For money or just for kicks?

Dude, you should not need a fan when the car is moving...... Are you sure the cooling system is working proper?

slickwilly
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
I have no idea, to be honest. It leaks coolant but I'm usually pretty good about keeping it topped off. S'pose I could replace the T-stat and see if that changes anything.

SpdRcrZ
04-05-2008, 04:21 AM
A rocket? My other car could be daily driven but the STi is way more economical.

Kid, crotch rocket, the ass end of my car....... there was a thread about it here somewhere....