PDA

View Full Version : ATD dealer

forest
03-26-2008, 07:31 AM
we are now an ATD dealer and can give BCMers a reall competitive price on anything they have. Charlie over there really seems like he knows his $hit and builds a great product. A company we will be proud to do buisness with for sure. just figured I would give you all a heads up.

Breecher_7
03-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Forest i still need that pricing on the Alisson. Also, if we order that 4l60e through you, how long would it take to arrive and what would the core charge be? Cash can be in hand immediatly.

We will handle the install.

Poncho
03-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Yea, they built me a bullet proof 4T65EHD for my GTP for $2.5k that lasted two weeks of daily driving. Then charged me another $950 to fix the blown sprag. After 3.5k it was finally good. Hell of a price to pay though.

Breecher_7
03-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Yea, they built me a bullet proof 4T65EHD for my GTP for $2.5k that lasted two weeks of daily driving. Then charged me another $950 to fix the blown sprag. After 3.5k it was finally good. Hell of a price to pay though.

I can build my Alisson for that price...... Thats rediculous.

USMARINE1108
03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
I helped my buddy put a trans in his Duramax from here: http://www.suncoastconverters.com/

Don't remember how much he paid for it, but it's heled up MUCH better then the stock Allison did. Limp Mode for the loss.

HITMAN
03-26-2008, 09:33 PM
I can build my Alisson for that price...... Thats rediculous.

Heh, ever since Hipster got famous he thinks he shits ice cream and can price his crap accordingly. My favorite memory of Hipster's transmissions was watching Bobby Hood wrestling with two of Hipster's famous "Bullet Proof" 'glides at the track a few years ago. First one broke, and Hood replaced it with the other one. Two passes later that one broke.:rolf Hood then proceeded to tear that one out and replace it with his aging but still functional TSI trans. He got through the rest of the night with out a glitch. Oh, and the reason I remember this evening so vividly was after Hood got through removing the second shit Hipster trans was watching him pick it up and spike it right into the pavement. :shades I loved watching him take $3000+ worth of over-rated and over-priced junk and treat it like it should be treated. :thumbsup

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Heh, ever since Hipster got famous he thinks he shits ice cream and can price his crap accordingly. My favorite memory of Hipster's transmissions was watching Bobby Hood wrestling with two of Hipster's famous "Bullet Proof" 'glides at the track a few years ago. First one broke, and Hood replaced it with the other one. Two passes later that one broke.:rolf Hood then proceeded to tear that one out and replace it with his aging but still functional TSI trans. He got through the rest of the night with out a glitch. Oh, and the reason I remember this evening so vividly was after Hood got through removing the second shit Hipster trans was watching him pick it up and spike it right into the pavement. :shades I loved watching him take $3000+ worth of over-rated and over-priced junk and treat it like it should be treated. :thumbsup

LoL, I guess he's all hype huh ? :rolf

Breecher_7
03-27-2008, 05:44 AM
I helped my buddy put a trans in his Duramax from here: http://www.suncoastconverters.com/

Don't remember how much he paid for it, but it's heled up MUCH better then the stock Allison did. Limp Mode for the loss.

If you buy a built tranny from them its VERY expensive. You can get the internals and converter and do it yourself for a few grand though. Parts for that ***** are not cheap!

forest
03-27-2008, 07:32 AM
no they arent cheap at all, Ill get you your price today on an ATS and a hipster trans. Ive heard good things about ATD and bad things too, I just hope all goes well between our companies, I don't need stuff breaking... Just keep in mind ATD will be another place we ar direct with but we have options as well for those who have had bad expieriences or prefer somthing else. Broken $hit sucks

USMARINE1108
03-27-2008, 09:04 AM
If you buy a built tranny from them its VERY expensive. You can get the internals and converter and do it yourself for a few grand though. Parts for that ***** are not cheap!

I don't remember exactly how much he paid, but do remember thinking it was a lot. Oh well, he needed it! We put a 5in exhaust on it, the trans and he's been tuning it with EFI Live. it made some impressive numbers on the dyno with that setup, somewhere around 900ft/lbs if I remember right. Before the trans swap, it kept going to limp mode, that allison wouldn't handle it. Last week, I helped him put in new injectors, headstuds and a turbo from http://www.timsturbos.com/ , I'm not sure what one. I'm not a turbo guy. Tell you what, taking the downpipe off a Duramax is NO JOKE! We're both pretty mechanicly inclined, but that downpipe kicked our ass' for about 2 hours. Anyway, after getting everything back together, it was 2am and he had to leave for Yuma AZ at 5am. We took it for 1 test drive. He's been emailing me tunes that I've been loading into the truck, going for a spin, recording the info and emailing back to him. He modifies the tune and sends it back to me. That thing is a lot of fun pushing 38lbs of boost! something that big isn't supposed to haul ass like that. :headbang

Smokey1226
03-27-2008, 09:31 AM
If and when the time comes for a new tranny in my Cummins, Suncoast is the only place i will go. There is a reason the majority of big hp/tq trucks use their stuff.

juicedimpss
03-27-2008, 09:35 AM

that sounds like a trans anyone could screw together :rolf

its best to pay the right place the right money to begin with on those things,there is sooo much that can be screwed up.and we all know how fun it is to r&r a trans in a 4wd truck.....a few times.

BAD LS1
03-27-2008, 09:57 AM
I guess im no trying to shit on this thread... but since msot people are im milwaukee, why would they drive another 30-40 min to kewauskum when they go to Charlie's joint on 145 in the falls? With how pricey he is, im not sure you could under charge him unless your loosing money of course...

Its litterally a 1 min drive from my work.

BAD LS1
03-27-2008, 10:01 AM
we all know how fun it is to r&r a trans in a 4wd truck.....a few times.

MUhahahah thanks for sparking the memories of me pulling the trans 4 times on that colorado i had... that T case was smaller but a fooking nightmare for my 170 lb ass to bench press into pos.

1st time, yank sent the completley wrong converter

2nd time, yank sent one that wouldnt stall over 1200 rpms

3rd time i finally got the right one that stalled to 3700 behind a 5 cyl.

4th time to remove it and sell the truck.

LAST time to R&R into a 2wd colorado hahah

forest
03-27-2008, 10:20 AM
I guess im no trying to shit on this thread... but since msot people are im milwaukee, why would they drive another 30-40 min to kewauskum when they go to Charlie's joint on 145 in the falls? With how pricey he is, im not sure you could under charge him unless your loosing money of course...

Hence the whole "Dealer" thing, I get a price break, so you can get one too, say a trans that is 1400.00 from him will be somwhere around 1300 from me. get it?

BAD LS1
03-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Hence the whole "Dealer" thing, I get a price break, so you can get one too, say a trans that is 1400.00 from him will be somwhere around 1300 from me. get it?

Id pay $100 more to deal with the builder direct.

forest
03-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Id pay $100 more to deal with the builder direct.

that fine by me, but some people like to save a bit, it almost sounds like you don't want me to offer thier product to everyone at a good price? I'm trying to help you guys get what you want at a good price, but if you don't want to take adventage of that then, ok. :thumbsup

BAD LS1
03-27-2008, 10:32 AM
that fine by me, but some people like to save a bit, it almost sounds like you don't want me to offer thier product to everyone at a good price? I'm trying to help you guys get what you want at a good price, but if you don't want to take adventage of that then, ok. :thumbsup

No im just trying to understand the justification of saving $100 and having a middle man to deal with now when their shop is local to most, and yours is not.

Im not in the buisness of selling parts, just time. If it was a FEW hundred dollar savings it might be attractive, however i think that would be next to impossible, unless of course you had some blackmale pics of charlie lol

Car Guy
03-27-2008, 10:36 AM
unless of course you had some blackmale pics of charlie lol

They're out there...!!! Just don't know where I put them.....:rolf :rolf :rolf

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

forest
03-27-2008, 10:37 AM
No im just trying to understand the justification of saving $100 and having a middle man to deal with now when their shop is local to most, and yours is not.

Im not in the buisness of selling parts, just time. If it was a FEW hundred dollar savings it might be attractive, however i think that would be next to impossible, unless of course you had some blackmale pics of charlie lol

haha right? But since I live in new berlin, and my shop is in WB I am always driving through MKE, and if you ask anyone that has dealt with me, I will go WAY out of my way to make them happy and answer questions, deliver parts, ect.. you can even reach me on a sunday night at 1am if need be, so if somone ever needs a special arrangement, to get thier parts, ill make it happen.:thumbsup

Car Guy
03-27-2008, 10:46 AM
haha right? But since I live in new berlin, and my shop is in WB I am always driving through MKE, and if you ask anyone that has dealt with me, I will go WAY out of my way to make them happy and answer questions, deliver parts, ect.. you can even reach me on a sunday night at 1am if need be, so if somone ever needs a special arrangement, to get thier parts, ill make it happen.:thumbsup

For me it'd be worth it then to deal with you if the right (or wrong :durr ) situation came up. I've dealt with ATD many times and know Hipster, Charlie, Scott, and others quite well. However, that place can be a ZOO and almost feel bad at times calling to ask for prices/advice because I can hear the chaos in the background.....

I've never had a bad experience in dealing with them but can see why I've heard some not-so positive stories from there. Too much business and not enough people to make it run smooooothly.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Syclone0044
03-27-2008, 03:57 PM

I don't know all the details of your experience but that sounds like a joke to me. I had some bad experiences myself with an out of state tranny builder. EXCEPT, when mine was faulty within the first week, the guy paid shipping to New York and fixed everything for free because he knew it was his responsibility to deliver a properly built trans in the first place! And on top of it, this was 100% for street/strip performance usage!

A guy I know from milwaukee dealt with a different performance trans shop in Chicago and they jerked him around just like it sounds ATD did with you. He had several failures under warranty and they stuck it to him with bills near $1000 each time!

It really comes down to Buyer Beware... and just what kind of guy is running the shop, is he out to make fast cash or does he take pride in his work and own up to it when he fails to do his job...

Breecher_7
03-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Talk about quick and dedicated service! Forest is picking up the cash from me in a few mins and driving to ATD to get the new trans tonight. Being installed over the weekend.

Let everyone know how things turn out.

70 cutlass 442
03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Talk about quick and dedicated service! Forest is picking up the cash from me in a few mins and driving to ATD to get the new trans tonight. Being installed over the weekend.

they have had this type of service for years, its called UPS

forest
03-27-2008, 06:48 PM
they have had this type of service for years, its called UPS

I didn't know UPS installed trannies last minute or did freight for free! haha

Breecher_7
03-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Trans ready to roll?

Poncho
03-28-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't know all the details of your experience but that sounds like a joke to me. I had some bad experiences myself with an out of state tranny builder. EXCEPT, when mine was faulty within the first week, the guy paid shipping to New York and fixed everything for free because he knew it was his responsibility to deliver a properly built trans in the first place! And on top of it, this was 100% for street/strip performance usage!

A guy I know from milwaukee dealt with a different performance trans shop in Chicago and they jerked him around just like it sounds ATD did with you. He had several failures under warranty and they stuck it to him with bills near $1000 each time!

It really comes down to Buyer Beware... and just what kind of guy is running the shop, is he out to make fast cash or does he take pride in his work and own up to it when he fails to do his job...

They just said "no warranty man, it's a race trans"
It was the last straw for me. The day I had the Grand Prix towed back to them, I went over to EVS and put money down on what became my GTO. My bad experience with them made me give up on it.

HITMAN
03-28-2008, 04:36 AM

Why does everyone call this place "Charlie's Shop?" Michael Hohnstien,AKA "Hipster" owns ATD, no one else. Charlie works for Hipster. Charlie is a decent guy and he's fairly competent, but Charlie don't surf... Hipster does. And Hipster is the most fvcked-up jag I've ever met. He was always kind of an arrogant prick, even back in the "Hipster's Garage" days but he was also kind of funny and the product was good so it made dealing with him tolerable. He is now arrogant to the point of being belligerent, and I won't put another dime in that megalomaniacal SOB's pocket, I don't care how cool his employees are. I'd just as soon walk.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is when it comes to Hipster's stuff, if your going to deal with it, you'd actually be better off insulating yourself from from the company's owner as much as you can. If you can save some cash and not have to deal directly with the world's biggest jack-ass, why not do it?

BAD LS1
03-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Why does everyone call this place "Charlie's Shop?" Michael Hohnstien,AKA "Hipster" owns ATD, no one else. Charlie works for Hipster. Charlie is a decent guy and he's fairly competent, but Charlie don't surf... Hipster does. And Hipster is the most fvcked-up jag I've ever met. He was always kind of an arrogant prick, even back in the "Hipster's Garage" days but he was also kind of funny and the product was good so it made dealing with him tolerable. He is now arrogant to the point of being belligerent, and I won't put another dime in that megalomaniacal SOB's pocket, I don't care how cool his employees are. I'd just as soon walk.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is when it comes to Hipster's stuff, if your going to deal with it, you'd actually be better off insulating yourself from from the company's owner as much as you can. If you can save some cash and not have to deal directly with the world's biggest jack-ass, why not do it?

Probably why i still have a 6 speed hahah and low HP autos i can rebuild my self.

Ive only talked to the guy in person once when they wanted me to fix an f body and turn it back to stock that had the trans settings all jagged up and they suspect it took out a bullet proof 4l60E they built for it.

forest
03-28-2008, 07:11 AM
[QUOTE=BAD LS1;357255]Probably why i still have a 6 speed hahah and low HP autos i can rebuild my self

I know, its stupid how much the 6 speed will take isn't it?

forest
03-28-2008, 10:50 AM

Btw if you could drop the truck at about 6:00 pm tonight that would be great. Don't forget the trans cooler and fluid. Thanks, Forest.