PDA

View Full Version : EliteXC offers Fedor Emelianenko a deal...

wheelsofsteel
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Word is that EliteXC offered Fedor Emelianenko a 4 fight, 7 figure deal.
With that said, I am more then positive that one of those fights would be against Kimbo Slice. :headbang
This is what all the MMA fans (including myself) have been waiting for. A top notch opponent for Kimbo to see if he is truly the real deal.

Lash- start saving your pennies. :shades

Car Guy
03-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Kimbo will DOMINATE...!!! He might be a little too 'ghetto' for most but I always root for the underdog.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

moels
03-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Fedor will make Kimbo look stupid. Not saying Kimbo is a bad fighter, just that Fedor is that good.

That_Guy
03-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Fedor will make Kimbo look stupid. Not saying Kimbo is a bad fighter, just that Fedor is that good.

ill agree... not to mention kimbo has gotten his ass beat and if it werent for his homies he would have been tko'd

Yooformula
03-26-2008, 01:05 AM
umm sorry but Fedor is no match for kimbo. Kimbo will get phucked up and badly. I would like to see him fight a good fighter too but someone in the same class, Fedor is a machine and would make light work of him.

BlackViper
03-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Fedor is unbelievable!! There going to have to give Kimbo at least another year or so but even that would only prolong the inevitable.

wheelsofsteel
03-26-2008, 08:08 AM
I would like to see him fight a good fighter too but someone in the same class, Fedor is a machine and would make light work of him.

I guess I am confused on the "same class" comment?? I assume you meant "same caliber" as Fedor is listed at 233 lbs and Kimbo at 235.

Not to mention Fedor's MMA record is 17-1-0...which means that he is beatable.
Again, not saying that Kimbo is the best thing since sliced bread(no pun intended), obviously he is beatable also. EVERYONE IS !!!
Just saying that he has the potential to be a serious contender in the sport.

Nobody is undefeated in this sport. And if they are, just means that they haven't fought enough.

Yooformula
03-26-2008, 10:27 AM
did you see the fight that fedor "lost"? I cant remember what it was for but the loss was bs.

by same class I mean an elite fighter that has fought the best. kimbo is a street brawler that just got into the ring he really shouldnt even have a shot at fedor imo, he should have to work his way up the ranks.

1fast2litre
03-26-2008, 12:33 PM
My vote would be for Kimbo :headbang Fedor is good no doubt but I just dont like him

stowsea
03-26-2008, 12:54 PM
did you see the fight that fedor "lost"? I cant remember what it was for but the loss was bs.

by same class I mean an elite fighter that has fought the best. kimbo is a street brawler that just got into the ring he really shouldnt even have a shot at fedor imo, he should have to work his way up the ranks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGJu_v3G93g

it was a bogus cut.

but i agree fedor is the last person kimbo needs to fight. i'd like to see him fight Jeff Monson

wheelsofsteel
03-26-2008, 01:04 PM

Hey, a loss is a loss.... still ends up in the L column.

I agree 100% about Kimbo working his way up the ranks. In EliteXC, who would that be??? Without Fedor joining that league there is nobody worth anything in the class.
And lets turn the table, if Kimbo was the very last fight of the 4 fight deal, who would be the other 3 fighters???

Car Guy
03-26-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree with most all of what has been said so far but would still like to see Kimbo take him out.....

Would I put $$$ on Kimbo winning...??? Probably not but he's surprised many so far so we'll see how good he really is if this fight happens.....

forest
03-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I think kimbo would move up the ranks so fast it would be waste of time,

Car Guy
03-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I think kimbo would move up the ranks so fast it would be waste of time,

Are you referring to fighters in the EliteXC league...???

Lash
03-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey, a loss is a loss.... still ends up in the L column.

I agree 100% about Kimbo working his way up the ranks. In EliteXC, who would that be??? Without Fedor joining that league there is nobody worth anything in the class.
And lets turn the table, if Kimbo was the very last fight of the 4 fight deal, who would be the other 3 fighters???

The one 'L' came from a bullshit ref stopage in the first 17 seconds of the fight because of a cut.....and that was over 7 years ago. The closest anyone has ever come to beating him since then has been Nog.

EliteXC is a bunch of has beens and never beens. It appears that Fedor just wants to take the easy road to $.

I really wish Fedor would have signed with the UFC. It would have made for some great fights. The only way he's ever going to finally prove that he's the best MMA fighter EVER is to fight the UFC's top HW's. Until then there will always bee some doubt and what if's....especially whit all thats gone on lately with some of Prides 'top' fighters.

whitehatch
03-26-2008, 03:17 PM
thinking kimbo has a chance is almost laughable, he has fought no one near the level of Fedor, imho i liked him a lot better when he was knocking out all those ghetto fckers on the street.

wheelsofsteel
03-27-2008, 08:28 AM
EliteXC is a bunch of has beens and never beens. It appears that Fedor just wants to take the easy road to $.

I totally agree !!! It sucks because it truly is the easy way for him to be champion in that weak azz league. Maybe he doesnt want to travel the same road as Mirko Cro Cop did. Mirko signed with the UFC and was automatically placed on a high pedistal on how unstoppable he is etc. UFC chewed him up and spit him out.

wheelsofsteel
03-27-2008, 08:38 AM
thinking kimbo has a chance is almost laughable, he has fought no one near the level of Fedor, imho i liked him a lot better when he was knocking out all those ghetto fckers on the street.

Call it what you will.
Remember, all these fighters with 20+ wins and are labeled "high level" fighters started with 2 wins also.
Everyone starts at the bottom.

Again, not saying that Kimbo is unstoppable, unbeatable etc, etc. Just saying that he has the potential to be that "high level" fighter in time.
I couldn't agree more with wanting to see him have a REAL opponent rather then the has-beens thus far. Because I too want to see how serious Kimbo is or isn't.

Car Guy
03-28-2008, 12:11 PM
I just came across this video featuring Goldberg and Kimbo ==> http://www.break.com/goldberg-and-kimbo-toe-to-toe/goldberg-and-kimbo-toe-to-toe.html .....

I'm amazed how Kimbo has transformed himself into a 'real' fighter, it's a long way from when he was an overweight backyard brawler.....